Official Brute Squad Discussion Thread

demon_aj

Im so happy we won this and that avatar is most welcome. Congratulations to all my comrades it was a tough battle but we showed em who's boss ..time for some cake now I think.

I did do plenty of fights because I really did think that Awakened might win

Nice Spritzie! I haven't had that level of luck with the same boon. I was a little disappointed with the boon selection this time, but oh well. LOL

I got a few hundred battles in against the twins and the Duchess. I was torn between this, playing YYB and (late) Spring cleaning irl. I'm glad Brutes won too. I wonder which faction'll be up next week. it would be nice to get another avatar and site theme. lol Good job "Brutes"! XD

Maybe we can pick the winner next time as well. it's fun winning. LOL

I'll toss in my prediction: it'll be Awakened, Seekers, and Thieves next round. I only got ~100 wins against the twins and ~20-40 against the Duchess; I was just so busy the whole weekend.

I also chose the wheel boon, and I've been using a timer to actually visit as often as possible, when I'm near a computer. My net is over 11k for today (I think... can't quite remember the price of WoMon). Biggest win so far has been 2k on WoMed a couple of times, and 2.5k on WoE once. Nothing on WoK, and WoSpendy isn't worth it since my training is so cheap. I won a lottery ticket from my extra WoMon spin; if I win, that'll make the boon really pay off (yeah right -- I don't have that kind of luck).

Sounds like a solid prediction, siniri. I wouldn't necessarily argue with that. I'm dreading having to fight the thieves though. :/

I chose the wheel boon, but was really only using it to double my chance at getting the WoK avatar.

Yay! I'm so glad the Brutes pulled through and now I'm 4 for 4 :D What boon did everyone pick?

Its great that Brutes won, at last I feel like a winner, the avatar and site theme are really cute. I picked the wrong boon though I got the doppleganger because I thought it would allow me to use lense flare more than once, sounds like the wheels one would have been a better choice as my reward

I picked the wheel boon as well, for lack of a better prize. I stopped spinning the wheels ages ago though, the prizes are just bad and there's a much larger chance your pet will become sick or something.

Winning one random Codestone in the Battledome nets you over 10,000 NP easily nowadays.

Well, this boon is paying off better than the last one. I'm only a little into day 2 and my profit (subtracting out the cost of the wheels) is already over 32.5k thanks to a 20k win at the WoE just now. This will very likely be more profitable than even the stock market boon.

I picked the wheel boon as well, for lack of a better prize. I stopped spinning the wheels ages ago though, the prizes are just bad and there's a much larger chance your pet will become sick or something.

Winning one random Codestone in the Battledome nets you over 10,000 NP easily nowadays.

I recommend spinning the Wheel of Mediocrity. I rarely lose NP on it, and there isn't a spot that will make your pet sick. I find it's the best, hands down.

Thank you Wheel of Excitement! The first spin gave me a disease that costs 8000 NP to fix, the second spin had the Pant Devil steal an item worth over 25,000 NP

How exciting...this is the worst wheel ever.

lol, the disease can be cured using Warm Amber ointment for 5k. And you should not have expensive items in your inventory during your WoE spin.

Final rundown:

Wheel of Knowledge: net loss: 342.571 per spin (but I had really awful luck, and the sample size was small -- need more data)

Wheel of Mediocrity: net win: 462.7564 per spin (lots of extra spins; by the end this number was ranging between 440 and 463, so the true average for this wheel probably falls in that range)

Wheel of Excitement: net win: 382.295 per spin (I got 20k very early on, so this value kept plummeting, occasionally rising a bit with a 1k, 2k, or 5k win -- need more data to determine the true average)

Wheel of Monotony: net loss: 92.857 per spin (again, very small sample and equally awful luck -- need more data)

Net profit (extra spins alone -- and I spun way more often than usual to get the extra spins, so it's even more if you factor in that change of behavior): 92,462 NP, or 13,209 NP per day.

• 4 months later...