Official Sway Discussion Thread

Nellethiel

I love this team - the whole Illuminati-based secret society manipulating events behind the scenes~ theme is super relevant to my interests irl, so this was an easy pick for me. :)

Plus, the Lenny looks a bit like a Disney villainess - what's not to love there?

WWjU.jpeg

I kind of thought the same thing! I love that Lenny so much. :D

I was really torn between the Sway and the Awakened but I'm really happy now that I joined this faction. Just read the Neopedia article and they sound so cool!

From the neoboards, I gathered that the Swap, Awakened and Thieves were the most popular factions. And from there, I think the Sway has the most members. Does everyone feel this way?

From the neoboards, I gathered that the Swap, Awakened and Thieves were the most popular factions. And from there, I think the Sway has the most members. Does everyone feel this way?

It depends on who you talk to. On here the Sway doesn't seem as popular as the Thieves or the Seekers and there were a ton of people who said they didn't like the Sway when the video came out on the neoboards.

Anywho, is anyone else slaving away and spending bucketloads of money trying to train? I am and a tiny part of my soul dies whenever I have to buy a codestone. Theres also the fact that I've spent a lot of time training endurance and just found out that i should be training my str/def. Now I have to spend more np/time on training up my level so I can train up my other stats. :sad02: The things I do for a Neopets plot.

Yeah, I agree the Sway doesn't seem as popular here (But judging from the poll in TDN, they WERE!). But seems our board isn't that active.

Anyhow, yeah, I've been training for several months now. Even before the war because I wanted my Xwee to kick neo-butts. Lol. I'm still a ways to go, though.

On a side note, I just redesigned my whole lookup to dedicate it to the Sway!

Oh my gosh, you are amazing! Your look-up looks fantastic. *dies*

Also, I think the leader of the Sway would make for a really fun and cool cosplay.

It depends on who you talk to. On here the Sway doesn't seem as popular as the Thieves or the Seekers and there were a ton of people who said they didn't like the Sway when the video came out on the neoboards.

Anywho, is anyone else slaving away and spending bucketloads of money trying to train? I am and a tiny part of my soul dies whenever I have to buy a codestone. Theres also the fact that I've spent a lot of time training endurance and just found out that i should be training my str/def. Now I have to spend more np/time on training up my level so I can train up my other stats. :sad02: The things I do for a Neopets plot.

Ugh, I'm with you on the training thing. It is becoming seriously painful. D: I'll be hitting 8 codestones pretty soon as well, and I might just curl up and cry every time I have to start a new session. ;___;

Yeah, I agree the Sway doesn't seem as popular here (But judging from the poll in TDN, they WERE!). But seems our board isn't that active.

Anyhow, yeah, I've been training for several months now. Even before the war because I wanted my Xwee to kick neo-butts. Lol. I'm still a ways to go, though.

Wow, that is incredible! You have some serious skill!

Aw.. Thanks guys!

Ugh, I'm with you on the training thing. It is becoming seriously painful. D: I'll be hitting 8 codestones pretty soon as well, and I might just curl up and cry every time I have to start a new session. ;___;

Wow, that is incredible! You have some serious skill!

Wouldn't it be cheaper if you just train your level until you hit 250 and then just use red codestones for the rest of the stats?

Aw.. Thanks guys!

Wouldn't it be cheaper if you just train your level until you hit 250 and then just use red codestones for the rest of the stats?

Haha, that's what I'm doing. I'm going to hit level 200 today- so I'm pretty close! But still. It'll take a while to get those 50 levels (each session is supposed to take 24 hours, but I have the reduced training time cookies- hopefully they give me lots of 50% reductions!), and they'll break the bank in the mean time- I haven't been getting many codestones from the BD. :(

My Neopet is at a super low level--I've never focused on training and I'm worried I'll be doomed in this event. Any tips for climbing levels quickly? What stats should I focus on?

I'm assuming your battle pet is your Mynci? If it is, I'd stop training level and raise your strength and defense to 55 each and your hp to 66. I'd raise strength first since you only need 15 more points to bring you to 55. Then, I'd concentrate on raising your hp. What kind of weapons do you have?

My Neopet is at a super low level--I've never focused on training and I'm worried I'll be doomed in this event. Any tips for climbing levels quickly? What stats should I focus on?

You should try to get to the next strength/defense boost if you can. If you are ages away, I would focus more on your hitpoints. Your levels don't matter except to let you train your stats (each stat can only be twice your level).

I assume that your Mynci is your BD pet? If so, your next boost is at 55- that is pretty close, but your HP is lagging behind. I would focus on that and bring it right up. You need to decide if you can afford to train at the Island Training School, or stay at the Academy. The Training School is much faster, but codestones are super expensive right now, and dubloons are more affordable (but will take longer).

If you can afford them, you should try to get some of the faerie fortune cookies. They'll give you one faerie quest a day, which will help you increase your stats fast. If not, try playing games that load lots of new pages - NeoQuest, Dice-A-Roo, Pyramids, Solitiare, etc. Or just chat on the boards a lot, whatever. Every page that you load gives you a chance at a faerie quest, or finding an item on the floor that can help you fund training/new weapons. Every little bit helps though!

You can also do Kitchen Quests for a chance at stat increases. Yesterday, I did 5 quests (not going over 7.5k in cost) and had four stat increases. Today though, I'm being asked for a lot of expensive items, so I've only completed one quest, and I didn't get a stat. Also, the stats won't necessarily go to your active pet, so it's hard to use this as a training supplement if you have more than one pet. I moved my other pet to a side account for a while just so I could use the quests.

Something to think about!

I've just started training my pet and I'm aware that she's super weak. I've never participated in a war before, so I was wondering what it's like. Is it any fun at all for a pet below lv20? There are several weak 1-player BD challengers out there; will this also be the case during the war? I would love to help the Sway's cause but I'm afraid I won't be able to do very much :(

I've just started training my pet and I'm aware that she's super weak. I've never participated in a war before, so I was wondering what it's like. Is it any fun at all for a pet below lv20? There are several weak 1-player BD challengers out there; will this also be the case during the war? I would love to help the Sway's cause but I'm afraid I won't be able to do very much :(

The first war that I participated in I had basically a starter level pet, with no good weapons. I still had a tonne of fun. I only was able to battle against the easiest opponent, but I really enjoyed squishing those spiders anyway. :D

There is a wide range of oppenents, going from super easy to really really hard. You don't have to battle against them all, just the ones you feel confident against.

There was a glitch in the BD early last week and people caught a glimpse of one of the early challengers - "Thief 1," with 8 HP. So I think it's safe to assume there will be challengers of all difficulty levels, so everyone can at least participate a bit!