Official Sway Discussion Thread

Nellethiel

Well, the news reports that 'You might want to finish up your battles before this appointed time - just in case.' Looks to me the old wave will be replaced by a new one, since you can only 'Do your part' once per wave I think.

That's how it sounded to me as well. And seeing as we have been given three days to battle these opponents, I'd be surprised if we could continue to battle them once the new wave is released.

Yeah, I agree the Sway doesn't seem as popular here (But judging from the poll in TDN, they WERE!). But seems our board isn't that active.

Anyhow, yeah, I've been training for several months now. Even before the war because I wanted my Xwee to kick neo-butts. Lol. I'm still a ways to go, though.

On a side note, I just redesigned my whole lookup to dedicate it to the Sway!

I saw that you won the spotlight! Big congrats, it was very well deserved :D

I'm kind of regretting not choosing The Sway now, but the thieves are cool too.

I don't know how far my pet & I will get but can't wait to see the 2nd wave :)

...& they're being released! They still seem manageable but scratching my head over the achievements.

But still no random challenges for me :c

I was a tad worried but fortunately I can still take these guys down in 2 or 3 hits. Yay. Alas, I'm not liking the design of our fighter this time around. He reminds me of a blumaroo version of Hubrid Nox.

I was a tad worried but fortunately I can still take these guys down in 2 or 3 hits. Yay. Alas, I'm not liking the design of our fighter this time around. He reminds me of a blumaroo version of Hubrid Nox.

I thought the same thing. XD He looks just as smug as the Insider though! x3

I'm quite surprised at how much the difficulty went up! :O

I thought the same thing. XD He looks just as smug as the Insider though! x3

I'm quite surprised at how much the difficulty went up! :O

Me too. Makes me a bit apprehensive bout the next wave.

*sighs* One of today's achievements requires the completion of a faction challenge.

Which I still don't get after having battled every day :c

I like him, haha - he looks a bit like Vincent Price, and who doesn't love an old horror movie villain?

vincent-price-1950_3x4.jpg

Me too. Makes me a bit apprehensive bout the next wave.

*sighs* One of today's achievements requires the completion of a faction challenge.

Which I still don't get after having battled every day :c

Hold down your refresh button for 30 seconds at a time at the obelisk page. It took me several minutes to do that, but it worked!

I suppose they're not planning on making the fighting last for that many waves, if the difficulty has increased more than fourfold in one wave.

I like him, haha - he looks a bit like Vincent Price, and who doesn't love an old horror movie villain?

vincent-price-1950_3x4.jpg

Oh my gosh, he does look like him! Perhaps I've started to like him a bit more now. He still doesn't have the level of style of the Seeker Gelert, though.

thumb_228.jpg He reminds me of some character from an Anne Rice book, Neopets' style.

Hold down your refresh button for 30 seconds at a time at the obelisk page. It took me several minutes to do that, but it worked!

I suppose they're not planning on making the fighting last for that many waves, if the difficulty has increased more than fourfold in one wave.

Thanks for the tip :D I was about to throw my comp out the window when I finally get a random challenge lol

Yeah I think so too. I wonder if that means TNT will move on to the puzzle phase of the plot or if...if.... the whole thing will come to an end :O

(which I really hope not)

Hey look! All ones and twos.

Now if only I was any good... :tired:

Have you checked out TDN's very own challenger guide?

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/obelisk-war-challenger-guide

Hope it is of help. Good luck :)

Surely your pets can handle them on the easier difficulty to do your part? :)

They should, but I was hoping to fill the meter faster at the higher levels. I guess I should give myself a break though, lol.

Also, thanks for that page Zephyr! I hadn't found that before. I think I need to find myself a Lesser Healing Scroll...

Is it just me, or is the BD dropping way more faeries today? I just battled until my NP/prize limit and pulled 5 faeries (2 dark, 2 unidentified, 1 air) and 2 codestones + the usual junk.

I think it's just you :) I only got 1 fire faerie and 1 codestone today...or maybe it's just me who feels like the BD is skimping on the faerie/codestone prizes since the onset of the war.

I think it's all very random. Some days I'll get lucky and get like 4 bottled faeries and a few codestones, other days I'll only get a couple codestones. If you refresh at the obelisk page and fight off challengers, you will get more codestones that way as well. :)

I think it's all very random. Some days I'll get lucky and get like 4 bottled faeries and a few codestones, other days I'll only get a couple codestones. If you refresh at the obelisk page and fight off challengers, you will get more codestones that way as well. :)

Oh of course - and those days I'm lucky enough to win a bunch of codestones I'm so excited that I won't have to spend so much training!

Awesome tip Rebecca! I've been trying to get a challenge myself. I held down the refresh button for 5 secs and got it!

Guys, you think if we concentrate on beating a specific faction, it'll make a difference? For example, I feel our closest competitor is the Awakened so I beat up a lot more Zombies than other factions. Does this have an effect?

And does it matter at which difficulty we beat the challengers? I always try to beat them at the toughest difficulty but it may be harder in the long run.

Awesome tip Rebecca! I've been trying to get a challenge myself. I held down the refresh button for 5 secs and got it!

Guys, you think if we concentrate on beating a specific faction, it'll make a difference? For example, I feel our closest competitor is the Awakened so I beat up a lot more Zombies than other factions. Does this have an effect?

And does it matter at which difficulty we beat the challengers? I always try to beat them at the toughest difficulty but it may be harder in the long run.

You're welcome! :D I'm glad you were able to get a challenge so quickly!

Who knows! It's impossible to know how TNT will decide to score things. I'm trying to battle things more or less evenly, but feel free to focus on one faction- some people find one opponent easier than the others depending on which icons they deal the most of, etc.

Well, the difficulty changes how many battles you need to fill the progress bar. Maybe we will get more points later on depending on the difficulty? Again, no one but TNT knows what will count for what. Battle on Mighty for as long as you can, and then go down in difficulty. The longer you can keep battling, the better, no matter what difficulty it's on. :)

Nobody knows for sure, but honestly I doubt there will be a "winner" of this fight - TNT tends to actually keep score in an obvious, visible way in cases where it matters. I have a feeling we'll all wind up fighting on the same side in the end, and our faction choice either won't matter or will only factor into which prize pack or site theme or whatever we wind up with.