Official Sway Discussion Thread

Nellethiel

Alright, I've officially pledged my allegiance to the Sway. The Neopedia article saying they're suspected to be involved in every major event in Neopian history really won me over. I look forward to battling alongside you guys!

Woohoo! I'm glad you joined up with us! :D

Yeah, it's nifty that they're suppsoed to involved with everything- I hope we hear more about that!

I'm assuming your battle pet is your Mynci? If it is, I'd stop training level and raise your strength and defense to 55 each and your hp to 66. I'd raise strength first since you only need 15 more points to bring you to 55. Then, I'd concentrate on raising your hp. What kind of weapons do you have?

Yes, my Mynci. I've been working on defense for the last few days, but I'll switch to strength for now! The only weapons I have are probably random ones from dailies, honestly. I don't think I've ever bought any. I'm definitely not a Battledome-r. I've got 2mil NP right now - any recommendations for that low budget?

Yes, my Mynci. I've been working on defense for the last few days, but I'll switch to strength for now! The only weapons I have are probably random ones from dailies, honestly. I don't think I've ever bought any. I'm definitely not a Battledome-r. I've got 2mil NP right now - any recommendations for that low budget?

This is totally just my opinion, but I wouldn't even bother with upgrading. If you're not a BD-er than I don't see the point in spending your NP on over-inflated weapons right now. They'll just deflate once the war is over and you'll end up losing NP.

I read that there was a glitch in the BD last week and one of the easy war opponents was released. Apparently he only had 8HP, which would be more than easy enough for you to beat with probably what you already have. I mean, I'm not much of a BD-er either so I still use the Obsidian dagger that was given out for free and it does me just fine.

My opinion is just to continue with training to get your next boost & add on more HP if possible. I think that's the best use of your NP for the war.

Koralis is right about a lot of the battledome weapons being inflated right now, but there are some at good prices.

Ridiculously Heavy Battlehammer does 9 icons of damage and it goes for about 900np right now.

Magical Healing potion heals your pet 15 hp in battle, then it's consumed. It goes for 25np.

For right now I wouldn't get a shield with your defense and hp. Instead I'd get at least one of the 50% reflectors. (Expert Lens/Ultra Dark Reflectorb/Turbo Flame Reflector/Super U-Bend/Shovel Plus/Double Dryer. Once we know what icon the enemies use the most equip the right one. Be careful though, all of them are fragile and can break for good. The range in price from 1np to 17000np for the Shovel Plus.

Downsize! will block 50% of all icons, but it is inflated at 15000np.

The various 15 icon muffins. (Brain/Robot/Water/Smelly Dung/Darigan/Golden) They give you a good attack boost for a turn when you need it. They range in price from 300np to 800np.

War starts in a little over 24 hours. I'm not as excited as I should be because I haven't gotten to the lvl 55 boost in my strength or defense and I'm not sure I will. *sob* I've been spending sooo much money and so much time in KQ and the BD trying to get codestones.

War starts in a little over 24 hours. I'm not as excited as I should be because I haven't gotten to the lvl 55 boost in my strength or defense and I'm not sure I will. *sob* I've been spending sooo much money and so much time in KQ and the BD trying to get codestones.

You should still have time even if the war starts soon. The first wave of attackers tend to have a low difficulty level. Like around the the Thief with a difficulty of 8 viewed during a glitch. Just keep on training and you should reach the 55 boost before the attackers get to hard.

Super pumped; I wish I could've gotten Ritsunao to that 85 boost, but my stats aren't too shabby as-is. I've got a bit more HP to train and then I'm probably maxed for the duration of this war.

Lvl : 40

Str : 75

Def : 67

Mov : 26

Hp : 117 / 114

Your hp is cray :O Anywho, you coulda bought a few armoured neggs to up you defense a bit, that's what I've been doing since I can't train 2 things at once.

On that note: 4 more hours until it starts! Wooooooooooooo! Who else is staying up to wait?

Your hp is cray :O Anywho, you coulda bought a few armoured neggs to up you defense a bit, that's what I've been doing since I can't train 2 things at once.

On that note: 4 more hours until it starts! Wooooooooooooo! Who else is staying up to wait?

It was in the 30s when I started training last week. I'm pretty amazed at how fast I was able to train everything up!

I have a bunch of armored neggs, but my pet's hunger level hasn't been very accommodating haha. And now that the war has started I've given up on trying to get her to dying/starving, of course, since I want to be allowed to fight.

I'm almost sorry to be Sway, with how awesome our faction's challenger looks! Too bad everyone but us gets to face her in the BD. :P

I'm really excited despite still wanting to train more. I hope the enemies give out Weak Bottled faeries, too.

I've got one of the unidentifiable bottled faerie while battling one of the first wave, so it is possible. No other good prizes than that though, oh well.

I love that my pet's going back to full health after the battle! This is going to save a lot of time & NP, and I'm going to rack up the points so much quicker this way :)

It was in the 30s when I started training last week. I'm pretty amazed at how fast I was able to train everything up!

I have a bunch of armored neggs, but my pet's hunger level hasn't been very accommodating haha. And now that the war has started I've given up on trying to get her to dying/starving, of course, since I want to be allowed to fight.

I'm almost sorry to be Sway, with how awesome our faction's challenger looks! Too bad everyone but us gets to face her in the BD. :P

I'm not the only one! Our xweetok is fierce! I want her as a regular character in everything ever. Give us merchandise and plushies and posters.

Anyone else notice the major over-night deflation in the light bottled faeries? It went from 90k to 43k! Anyways, I filled up my bar for the day even though it took me about an hour because of how slow the BD is right now.... if that continues it's going to get pretty tiresome. :( I hopet they fix it up a bit. It keeps glitching for me and shows a red circle when I try to click on an item to battle with in the arena... then I have to wait, and wait, and wait. *sighs*

Also, I was able to snag up 4 bottled faeries and 2 codestones from todays challengers. So seems like it's just luck. :)

She does look amazing, doesn't she! :D Oh well, I'd rather be on her side than fight her. :D

Anyone else notice the major over-night deflation in the light bottled faeries? It went from 90k to 43k! Anyways, I filled up my bar for the day even though it took me about an hour because of how slow the BD is right now.... if that continues it's going to get pretty tiresome. :( I hopet they fix it up a bit. It keeps glitching for me and shows a red circle when I try to click on an item to battle with in the arena... then I have to wait, and wait, and wait. *sighs*

Also, I was able to snag up 4 bottled faeries and 2 codestones from todays challengers. So seems like it's just luck. :)

There's a tiiiiny bit of lag sometimes when you start a new battle - you can't select any weapons until your challenger has spoken. Just resist the urge to click anything and wait those few seconds until you see the challenger's word bubble pop up, and then you should be good to go!

This is why I'm playing through NeoQuest II while this plot is going on, lol - it gives me something mindless-ish to do between BD screens.

I'm going to guess the next wave will come in two days time. Usually they give players one extra day to 'catch up' just in case they miss the first day. After that it should be a new wave each day.

Does anyone think it would be worth it to continue battling after you've filled the bar for the day?

I was thinking back to the last war I participated in and it was that you got points for every opponent you beat, which accumulated at the end of the war. Then I started thinking about the other plots/challenges, which had specified tasks to do each day and once you did them that was it. You just got credit for a completion.

I can't decide what this war feels more like, any thoughts?

Does anyone think it would be worth it to continue battling after you've filled the bar for the day?

I was thinking back to the last war I participated in and it was that you got points for every opponent you beat, which accumulated at the end of the war. Then I started thinking about the other plots/challenges, which had specified tasks to do each day and once you did them that was it. You just got credit for a completion.

I can't decide what this war feels more like, any thoughts?

I'm pretty certain that there won't be points for any oppenents beaten after filling the bar. Regardless, I'm beating each of the 25 times- partly to make the tally pretty, and partly just in case. XD