War Begins As Six Factions Fight For The Obelisk!

hrtbrk

It's fun! I love the updated Battle system for the war. The only thing? The slowness. I wish they could prep their serves more. I'm on the Awakening and I'm glad it's not too difficult. My pets are hardly trained. I won a lot of the new Faerie Bottles which is awesome. I should start looking into it those, as my pet now lacks any ability. I wonder if any fighting after you've filled that bar is worth it?

I had little lag when I battled at 4 AM NST. I guess peak times are taking its toll on the servers.

Not sure if new missions/opponents/other stuff will be released later in the day.

If there isn't anything new happening, I think it gives those affected by lag a chance to catch up. Or like me with a lower level pet, a breather to squeeze in more training.

If I remember correctly, plots are drawn out affairs so I'm in no rush. I'm curious to see how things will unfold next :)

In the Neopets news it says "Help! We are surrounded by Petty Pilferers, Amateur Insiders,Minor Warlocks, Rent-a-Brutes, Assistant Scientists, and Grumpy Mummies!"

Where are the Grumpy Mummies?

If you joined the Awakened, then you won't fight the mummies - they're on your team! :)

There's still a significant amount of lag, yes. It's still pretty noticable but a lot better than yesterday's horrific lag. Unfortunately this is a side effect of all the site traffic going through Neopets right now. You're going to have to be a little more patient and refresh a lot to get through this.

Don't TNT usually have a grace period for the start of any event? Like for the GMC, there were two days with the first day's challenges.

It looks like we're getting two days for the first step, at least we've been on step one for two days now.

It looks like we're getting two days for the first step, at least we've been on step one for two days now.

Yeah, this is what I suspected would happen. On another note - if you don't want to deal with the lag then wait until about 10-12NST and you will be able to cap your opponents quickly and painlessly. :D Last night I went ahead and did all of my challengers 40 times because it was loading so super fast around that time.

I have not had a random event either but I don't always see the Faerie Quests appear until I try to use the Shop Wizard so maybe it is my AdBlock Plus stopping them. Anyway by the look of the rewards given I am not too worried...

I haven't gotten a single Random challenger yet. :/ And the BD is SO slow...What is the cap right now? And do we have to cap each difficulty?

Edit: Nevermind. I just got my first Random challenge. I have to beat the Assistant Scientist 8 times. :) As long as the BD keeps loading quickly, it'll be a piece of cake. :D

I have only gotten 1 random challenge. I am excited for what TDN has next for us. This stage is a bit boring. I mean it takes a minute to do a battle and with the Battle again button I can knock out 10 or 20 of them in no time.

Can someone explain where random challenges show up? I'm not getting any, but someone else I knew said she never saw one appear but saw a notification much later saying she missed the opportunity...

I had mine show up on the Battledome page, after I'd finished a battle. I missed out on doing it though.

I think I got my one challenge on the obelisk page. It stays on top of every page until time runs out. At least I think so - I only viewed the obelisk page and the battledome before completing the challenge, and it was visible on both.