War Begins As Six Factions Fight For The Obelisk!

hrtbrk

War has begun as six factions fight to own the obelisk! Head to the Battledome to take on the first set of enemies now.

thumb_216.jpgthumb_215.jpgthumb_218.jpgthumb_217.jpgthumb_222.jpgthumb_221.jpg

This set has two achievements to unlock in this stage:
Dapper 'Dome
Have your pet wear a hat or wig, and win a battle.

Stick 'Em With the Pointy End.
Equip any item.

The War Begins Guide | Luminous Casks Guide

*screaming* I'm so excited. I'm mostly excited because the Sway leader used my word! She wants to 'defenestrate' the enemies!

Yes, I'm just sitting here geeking out because of a coincidental usage of the same words. Don't judge me.

On another note, I'm so relieved that the enemies are easy for now. It looks like this really will be like the Altador Cup with us being against the other factions, probably trying to defeat the bd opponents as many times as possible to decide how we fare against the other factions.

Dapper 'Dome

- Unknown, Will update accordingly.

I got a random event to beat Amateur Insider 7x.

Prize was Neovian Fashion History.

Edit: Err, actually, I guess I got a "Cursed Coffee Service" from completing the random event. The completion of the achievement was coincidental :S

I got the Dapper Dome achievement by winning erm.. once or twice, sorry I didn't check after the first one. the prize for me was the book "Neovian Fashion History" so I guess it's the same for everyone

and yaaay! I'm sooo happy too :D It's been sooo long since the last war!!

...and the battledome is moving with the blazing speed of a charging postal worker. Big surprise.

Looks like the new opponents have access to faerie abilities as well. That's going to scramble some strategies. They seem pretty glitchy right now, though; when the pilferer uses Shade, it tells me that I used it, and it appears to block all damage to the Pilferer.

For the Stick 'Em With the Pointy End achievement, all you have to do is equip an item. Doesn't need to be anything specific. Doesnt even need to be a weapon. BTW is it just me or is the title of this achievement a reference to Jon Snow/Arya in A song of ice and fire/game of thrones?

Yes it is a Game of Thrones reference! Made me so happy!

Jon gives Arya her sword needle, and says 'First lesson: Stick 'em with the pointy end!'

However, not so happy that the site seems to be majorly not coping with the plot. And this is normally the quietest time of the day :O

They saeriously need some more servers / better bandwidth or something...

I've equiped weapons, won two battles, jabbed with a sword, and wore a wig and have not gotten either achievement. What am i doing wrong?

Since the site is running very slowly, all I can suggest is to keep trying.

We tested these ourselves (one achievement didn't unlock until they put on a hat/wig; the other worked by equipping any item) and they worked.

I got a faction challenge, I had to fight a specific faction. Anyone else got one?

Edit:

This is the challenge

Capturadepantalla2013-02-28ales110551.pn

And the reward

Capturadepantalla2013-02-28ales110604.pn

It's been two times now, wonder if I got to get one challenge for each faction...

Edited by Mireia

Our NC Mall guide for the Luminous Casks is now live!

I'm excited to get started with all this battling but I must sleep soon. :(

For the Stick 'Em With the Pointy End achievement, all you have to do is equip an item. Doesn't need to be anything specific. Doesnt even need to be a weapon. BTW is it just me or is the title of this achievement a reference to Jon Snow/Arya in A song of ice and fire/game of thrones?

Probably, last plot in faerieland they had lots of reference to books/popular culture. Nice!

Yay! I'm so happy this war is finally starting!

Is anyone getting Faerie Bottles as prizes? I have a few in my SDB but need nps for codestones so I need to sell any I get

I've gotten 2 Weak Bottled Light Faeries so far and a bunch of codestones.

Yay! I'm so happy this war is finally starting!

Is anyone getting Faerie Bottles as prizes? I have a few in my SDB but need nps for codestones so I need to sell any I get

I've gotten about 2 of them so far, so yes.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I didn't get a faction challenge - cool that! I don't think by filling up the purple bar we have done our part for the rest of the war - I'm assuming that's going to be a daily thing, and it will get harder as well. They don't want everyone to easily get the maximum amount of plot points.