The Next Wave Of Battles Hits Tyrannia!

hrtbrk

Sometimes it bugs out and you have to go to challenges within the battledome and if it says you're in a battle, you can't use the healing springs. I just visited the healing springs and got healed, so it's still active :)

That's a relief.

I'm too tired to worry about right now, so I'll get it cleared up when I start fighting again.

Thankies.

:( If it keeps going up like this, I'm doomed. I think I can make it through today, but if the next wave is harder... no way. Ah well, if all else fails, I can keep racking up numbers on the weaklings.

I did manage to get a faction challenge, from the Awakened.

Edit: I can definitely make it through today. I just need to pick a strategy and stick to it. :)

Alright , don't you guys think TNT slightly overdid it with the Second Wave ? They're too strong , even for my Pets. I don't think i will be able to handle the third wave... and the slowness is driving me mad !!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_mbehpeFyyE1renkn2o1_500.gif

I finally got a Faction Challenge, with 5.9 minutes to complete beat the Smug Philosopher...and then the lag hit once again...Oh well, OHKO, with that done, I got the achievement and a golden muffin for beating the Faction Challenge. :)

Now, after taking a break a bit ago, I'm back to beating these guys and "Doing my Part". :P

Guess this is why TNT has been bugging us to train since Christmas xD I'm still a little bored as my pet's knocking out the enemies in one turn still. Guess that's a good thing with the super-lag. Less loading :woot:

Alright , don't you guys think TNT slightly overdid it with the Second Wave ? They're too strong , even for my Pets. I don't think i will be able to handle the third wave... and the slowness is driving me mad !!!!!!!!!!

No I don't think TNT over did it with the challengers. This is a war, they're bound to get harder and they gave us ample warning. Also I was expecting to start out a lot harder than 8, that was a bit easier then I expected.

Successful battles in the battledome are a lot of strategy as well as your battle set and your pets stats.

The lag is to be expected with everyone being online at the same time. The other night I was on at about 10pm NST and I was just breezing through battles, with no lag at all.

All we can really do is do our best and have fun! :)

For sure, Later at night and earlier in the morning seem to be the best time for battling, as there's less users on and the lag is at a minimum, thankfully. And the first day, there's always more people trying to get the step done, so it's always slower. Hopefully it'll ebb off a bit tomorrow.

It's not like y'all didn't have the chance to train, TNT warned you WELL before (we are talking 2 months) anything even began. so really nobody can complain.

Yes, but for people like me who aren't used to the Battledome, it's not always easy to remember to train every 2 hours, and it's definitely not simple to raise a pet from no training to high stats. My pet isn't completely unprepared, but compared to other people, who have been using the BD for ages...

For people stuck in the battledome (who are told they can't heal because they're in battle): Go to the "challenges" page of the BD and see if you're still in a fight. Sometimes it glitches. If you've still got HP, go ahead and complete the fight. If you can't re-enter because you lost all your HP, you can do 1 of 2 things:

1) Withdraw from the fight by clicking the appropriate button on the challenge page.

2) Try to gain some HP. You can't use the springs, but you might heal from Wheel of Knowledge (1/day), Wheel of Excitement (every 2 hours), TDMGPOP (1/day), or training HP (however long a training session takes you, from 2-24 hours).

After you finish the battle, you'll be able to use the Healing Springs again. I once got stuck-stuck (each battle I withdrew from made another battle pop up, until I got worried about my win record with so many withdraws/losses against easy opponents) and submitted a bug report, and TNT fixed it for me -- but this was in the very early days of open beta. I think they've fixed that issue, but just in case, I thought I'd mention it.

Yeah, it glitched up. I went back in, finished the battle, and was able to use the Springs again.

Yeesh, I was doing pretty good up until I started tackling the Smug Philosopher. All I can say is, thank Fyora for the Ring of the Lost and Illusen's Shield. As long as I can pick the next opponents with the most icons the shield can deflect, I think I'll be okay for maybe another round.

I just hope we get another day or so of a break so that I have a bit of time to get my Eyrie's endurance up.

Yes, but for people like me who aren't used to the Battledome, it's not always easy to remember to train every 2 hours, and it's definitely not simple to raise a pet from no training to high stats. My pet isn't completely unprepared, but compared to other people, who have been using the BD for ages...

It's still fair, though, ultimately - as fair as any online game can be, that is. Everyone had the same opportunity to train pets, and the same advance warning that BD would be factoring into a site event. It's not easy for ANYONE to remember to take their pet out of a training course every X hours; that's what cell phone/browser alarms are for.

I hadn't gotten any faction challenges until tonight. Then two in a row from the Charming Submersive. I had literally finished my 7 battles, collected my stuff, then had another challenge waiting. Not long after, I got a Smug Philosopher challenge.

I wouldn't say TNT is being unfair either. What kind of war would it be if everyone could just easily win? Besides, the new battledome already offers three difficulty levels to cater to both weaker and stronger pets. I am also pretty sure the first wave was made super easy so that people who don't normally use the battledome can at least PARTICIPATE in the war.

My first war, I got a single point as a Meridell peasant. And I worked really hard for that point, but I just hadn't trained or invested in weapons. The first few plots with battling I participated in, I made sure I trained (continuously, not just during the events -- most of the time, it was just once a day) and slowly upgraded my weapons (winning ones in the plots helped a ton), and I did better each plot. TFR, I was able to cap against all the baddies, though it did require some of the items TNT gave us during that plot and quite a few losses while figuring out the best strategy (or just getting lucky).

I've spent years and millions of NP training and equipping my pet. I want the hardest baddies in a war to be at least as hard as the hardest baddies were in the last plot. If people are willing to put the time and NP into becoming better battlers, it's only fair that their efforts are rewarded in BD-related events. Just like people who practice games tend to do better in DD and GMC, or people who do lots of puzzle-type things might do better in puzzle-based plots.

I'm not a battler. I pretty much only battle for plots and wars, though I completed DoN for the trophies and tried out the new BD so I'd understand it for the next plot/war (and then made it a daily once I realized there were loot drops). My battle pet is at the 600 str and def boosts, but that's not even the max. Nor do I have top-tier weapons. I'll be fine with it if I can't cap out; if I do cap out, I hope I at least have to struggle, because I still have room to grow as a battler, and it'd only be fair to those with stronger, better-equipped pets than mine. If I can easily beat all the waves, there'd be no incentive for me to continue training to reach the last few boosts or to upgrade my weapons for the next event.

If you don't want to train, don't. But just know you won't do very well in wars or plot battling. If you want to do well in the next event's battles, train regularly even after this one ends, gradually upgrading your weapons when they're not inflated. Meanwhile, do what you can with what you have, balancing your other goals with how well you want to do in this war, and keep your war goals realistic based on the amount of effort you put in beforehand.

For people having trouble getting a faction challenge, [removed] will refresh your page for you so you can do something else while you're waiting for it to pop up.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Using any program to play any part of Neopets for you, including auto-refreshers, is against Neopets rules. Please do not link to things like this. The link has been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm not annoyed or anything by it, just slightly irritated with myself for having forgotten about battle training. I've only ever played on and off over the years, so when I picked up again a few weeks back I didn't know there was a war coming and didn't see a need to battle when the last time I used the battledome all we got was points rather than actual neopoints or loot.
I know I won't be able to complete the next wave, but it's been fun while it's lasted. And I guess I can always keep slogging through, getting my butt handed to me and "doing my part" that way :D

I agree with the people who are defending neopets decisions on making the opponents seem a bit stronger. It has been some time since neopets had a huge event this big.

So pretty much, this caters to those avid battledome players who spends millions of neopoints and time to train their pets.

Neopets is about pleasing everybody. Didnt they have a puzzle-related event during the Negg Festival last year? Most battledome players were kind of upset that the neggbreaker was so so easy to defeat.

In conclusion, neopets can't please everybody. So why not we just smile and tag along for the ride? Just have fun and remember how hard the Neopets team had worked to being out this plot.

Ps; Don't be selfish, you may not like the opponents, but others are dying to have a chance like this.

xo,

Sonia Solandres

It's not like y'all didn't have the chance to train, TNT warned you WELL before (we are talking 2 months) anything even began. so really nobody can complain.

My account is not even that old, so I can complain ;) But yeah I see more complainers here then I would have thought there would be.

For people having trouble getting a faction challenge, [removed] will refresh your page for you so you can do something else while you're waiting for it to pop up.

Just so you know, using something like that could get your account frozen. TNT has said on many occasions that using ANY kind of program or aid to help you refresh is definitely not okay.

See here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/37218-refreshing-to-get-challenges

We had a big discussion on what was and was not okay.

I agree with the people who are defending neopets decisions on making the opponents seem a bit stronger. It has been some time since neopets had a huge event this big.

So pretty much, this caters to those avid battledome players who spends millions of neopoints and time to train their pets.

Neopets is about pleasing everybody. Didnt they have a puzzle-related event during the Negg Festival last year? Most battledome players were kind of upset that the neggbreaker was so so easy to defeat.

In conclusion, neopets can't please everybody. So why not we just smile and tag along for the ride? Just have fun and remember how hard the Neopets team had worked to being out this plot.

Ps; Don't be selfish, you may not like the opponents, but others are dying to have a chance like this.

xo,

Sonia Solandres

Neggbreaker? whatever is that? I've already labelled that as an event that shall be forgotten & not mentioned again xDD

& I'm not even a BD-er

But yeah I agree with what you said. When there aren't any plots, people are demanding for one. & when they finally get one, they're baw-ing about all kind of things. I don't train my pet conscientiously so I know I only have the first few waves. But still I'm curious to see how far my pet & I will go & am ready to enjoy the whole journey :)