The Next Wave Of Battles Hits Tyrannia!

hrtbrk

What I wonder if, we seem to be able to do "our part" by losing too, does that mean we get all the points by losing too at the end? (if we are somehow able to do all those tasks as well)

In the last several events, TNT has used the checkmark system to show completion of each stage, and you got credit or not (there were a few group-participation stages in TFR in which they didn't indicate how much was necessary, but they did tell us when battle caps were met, and the checkmark system began after TFR, I think during the Discovering Moltara event, and has been used for every event since then, with the exception of the AC, which has its own scoring system). A gold checkmark is generally for completing on the day of release (I'm not sure if it's during the current wave for the current war or is still "day of" -- can anyone who completed one of the waves before the next one started but not the first day confirm what color their checkmark is?). A green checkmark is for completing the step, but not on its day of release (has anyone gotten one of these? when did you complete the first wave?). Usually, having all gold checks earns you the highest prize.

Plots and wars are more complex, so they can allocate points based on how much you participate on each step. So it might be that those who complete the doing your part bars "on time" (getting all gold checks) will get the max points, while others will get points depending on what percentage of each bar they fill. During TFR, there were additional challenges, but they didn't provide additional plot points (just whatever you earned naturally by completing the challenge) because they gave prizes as you completed them. TNT never tells us how the scoring will work until after the event is over, but they've been getting gradually better about giving hints with checkmarks/"step complete"/"cap reached" messages. So my inclination is to take it that filling the bar each wave indicates reaching the max points available for that wave. But of course I could be wrong; the caps could be much higher.

The number of wins on mighty jumped from 40 to 50 from wave 1 to wave 2. I have no idea how many losses that would take, but I suspect it'd be several times that. If the required number of wins for each wave continues to grow, I suspect it will be very difficult to lose enough times to fill the bar completely. (Honestly, I really hope that's true. It wouldn't be fair to top level battlers if someone with a pair of scarab rings on level 10 was able to earn the top prize in this war. There needs to be spread in terms of final plot points so the top level prizes become valuable. TNT's been at this a while, though, and I'm sure they'll create the spread somehow. They've gotten a lot of backlash in the past for not creating spread, e.g., in that Moltaran mini-plot.)

So if I'm right and filling your bar = capping out on points for that wave, why should you battle any extra? 1) Because no one knows if I'm right, and it's a gamble to assume that I am. 2) To help your faction. You do want them to win, don't you? I'm sure TNT is keeping track of the points earned for each faction, and that will determine who wins the obelisk (and the coolest trophies, and probably the theme of a few more of the prizes vs. the other factions' themes, though they'll all be represented). I think the faction challenges might count extra, but I'm not really sure. (They do need to be made less rare, I think.) 3) Bragging rights. Your trophy may link to your final battle record for the war, and anyone who visits your look-up can click through and see that you beat each baddie 5 million times on mighty.

I'm hoping that once someone "wins" the obelisk, it will open, revealing its malevolent power, and we'll all have to work together to fight its power, giving us a little bit of puzzling, though I don't think TNT has ever done that in a war before. Then again, the last war was about a decade ago, I think, and they've had battles in most plots, so they might decide to throw a bone to the puzzlers, who haven't had a plot in a while, either (TFR was the last real plot).

We have also had reports of the bar suddenly dropping from nearly full to only a bit full. It is glitchy and I think that could be the reason losses are being counted.

Agreed. I can't see that losses counting was part of TNT's plan.

Siniri, I like your theories. I agree. The Do Your Part seems to measure and cap individual points, but any extra battles probably go towards the team. And considering how many times we've been told to stay away from the obelisk, I think that the groups will have to band together eventually. Puzzles would be nice at that point...

A gold checkmark is generally for completing on the day of release (I'm not sure if it's during the current wave for the current war or is still "day of" -- can anyone who completed one of the waves before the next one started but not the first day confirm what color their checkmark is?).

Mine is gold and I completed it before the next one started, but not on the first day.

I have to say that I'm having glitching in my numbers - since the lag had let up this morning, I was working on making all of my battles across difficulties a 20, and had completed several only to refresh my page to check my progress and find my numbers gone backwards. :(

I have to say that I'm having glitching in my numbers - since the lag had let up this morning, I was working on making all of my battles across difficulties a 20, and had completed several only to refresh my page to check my progress and find my numbers gone backwards. :(

I've read this happening to someone and you need to click on "Exit" instead of "Play again". Your scores are probably gone, unless it's a bug within the score system.

Agreed. I can't see that losses counting was part of TNT's plan.

I also do not believe that. It has to be a glitch, otherwise it doesn't make sense to me anyway. I don't think there'll be a prize shop in the end, especially because of the gold check. I'll still battle past, just to get my dailies in and numbers I want because of reasons.

I've only gotten one faction challenge for this wave, but it's enough for the achievement.

The BD has been glitchy and laggy for everyone, but has anyone went into battle full health, but had health missing before you even got to fight? (This was after finishing a battle, and switching opponents, not a battle that I was already in. It showed before I entered that I was at full health, but when the battle started, it was as though one round of the fight had already taken place.) It was odd, but no big deal.

I battled each 50+ for the first wave, but this wave, I'm only doing 25+. I just don't have the time due to RL stuff, but I'm doing what I am able.

I'm also training when able in between paired with FQs, (thanks to a Fortune Cookie, yes I broke down and got one), Kitchen Quests and such, as well as playing KQ when I get a moment or two to get codestones and the like. I'm not complaining about the BD stuff, it was long over-due. I just wish that I had prepared myself for it more. I've been saving my NP and such as much as possible. I like both the puzzle plots and BD plots, I do what I can for both and I am happy with that because I know that it's only fair to those who bulk-up their pets. :)

Edit: I got a second timed Faction Challenge. I thought that it was one of each per wave, but it seems that it is two per day. I got a numbered challenge today as well.

I'm hoping that once someone "wins" the obelisk, it will open, revealing its malevolent power, and we'll all have to work together to fight its power, giving us a little bit of puzzling, though I don't think TNT has ever done that in a war before.

I'm operating on the assumption that something like this will happen, in fact. The immediate scenario that springs to mind is that something is imprisoned inside the obelisk, and it's feeding on the violence around it until it accumulates enough strength to finish breaking free. Whereupon, of course, we'll have to punch its teeth down its throat before it eats us all.

Alternatively, a stalemate might lead to a temporary cease-fire while we puzzle our way in, only to find something that corrupts all the faction leaders, forcing us to fight them.

I'm sure we could come up with others. The main thing is that I find it highly unlikely that it will boil down to "Well, Faction [X] won the most battles. They get something shiny and go home."

I'm still at the "toss Ghostkerbomb, fight over" stage against this wave, but here's what I do when opponents get really tough. I work out things like the most damage they could do in one round, what icon types they deal the most of, what they have defense against, etc. Then, I look at what weapons I have or could cheaply obtain, and I plan my set from there. I just threw this together so I might have made mistakes, but for example:

Back Alley Bruiser:

Strength/Defense Boost: 35

Max. Damage Dealt in 1 Round: 36 HP

(hardest hit from Fire Hammer & Altadorian Throwing Axe and using An Icicle)

Max. Healing in 1 Round: 25 (Red Scorchstone + Bandage)

no freezer

Icons Dealt:

E: up to 8 (2 weapons and Halitosis)

W: up to 6 (all from An Icicle)

P: up to 6 (4 weapons, 2 variable amounts)

F: up to 5 (2 weapons)

A: up to 3

L: up to 3

D: up to 2

Icons Defended:

A: up to 6 (2 weapons block)

P: up to 6 (2 weapons block, 1 variable amounts)

E: up to 2

L: up to 2

W: up to 2

** no defense against F or D

So to maximize damage against these guys, you would do best dealing Fire and Dark, and avoiding dealing (especially) Air and Physical. You're most likely to be hit by Physical, but can be hit hardest by Water and Earth (Leaf Shield would be great in this case). If you use Downsize! and have at least 19 HP, you should be able to at least force one more round (half of his maximum possible damage is 18). That sort of thing.

I thought I'd be able to escape the lag by playing after 10PM NST....BUT NO! It was so far so good for a few fights, but now, my move WILL NOT SEND AT ALL! Now what do I do!? I can't just leave or refresh the page, unless I want my pet battle stuck!

I thought I'd be able to escape the lag by playing after 10PM NST....BUT NO! It was so far so good for a few fights, but now, my move WILL NOT SEND AT ALL! Now what do I do!? I can't just leave or refresh the page, unless I want my pet battle stuck!

You can refresh the page to reset things. Sometimes there's a problem sending or receiving the information. I've refreshed quite a few times and I've NEVER been stuck in the battledome and I do a lot of battling everyday. You'll be fine if you refresh. :)

unselect your feary ability, select it again and you can click on fight again, it helps loads of time. Furthermore I have no problem with lag at 0-3am NST (this is in the morning for me)

Come on, come on, third wave! I don't like waitinnnngg!

Hehe I guess I will have to wait a long time, because I am not sure if I am able to beat the next wave and then I have to wait until all waves are don, ugh.

You know how some really savvy Neopians find images of unreleased items on-site a while before they're released? I just wonder if anyone has found images of other luminous flasks, because that might give a hint as to how many waves we have left (or the minimum number, at least).

You know how some really savvy Neopians find images of unreleased items on-site a while before they're released? I just wonder if anyone has found images of other luminous flasks, because that might give a hint as to how many waves we have left (or the minimum number, at least).

I don't know about that, but I just checked the NC mall and saw that cask keys are available for purchase until March 24 - that's a little less than 3 weeks from now, so even assuming TNT keeps selling keys for a few days after they finish offering opportunities for us to earn them we definitely have time for 3-4+ more waves, depending on spacing.

I suspect the new wave will start tonight. We might get two per week.

Kris, good idea to look at the expiration date on the key! I really hope there's something big after the obelisk is "won" by a faction. Or even something small. It's been so long since TFR (the last major plot-or-war event), and this one really should last longer than a month.

So, I've been training nonstop, ever since I found out about the war a few weeks ago,(don't judge me, I was on a hiatus from Neopets 2 months ago to get the warnings. :P) and when I found out about the huge difficulty jump, and that I could only beat the Smug Philosopher on Mighty, barely, and I could only draw with the Back Alley Bruiser on Mighty, I spent half of my Neopoints upgrading my weapons, taking down data of my fights to find out what shield would be great for it(Still haven't gotten that shield yet, but I'm going to, soon. Maybe after the next wave hits, and I can get more data. :P), and getting a Greater Healing Scroll *Triumphant fanfare*, and now, none of the second wave opponents on Mighty stand a CHANCE!>:3 It makes me really confident that I could get through the next wave on Mighty, and if the last wave(Hopefully the faction leaders), is the fourth wave, I might even be able to go head to head with them on Average, or even Strong! I'm so happy!:3 (Btw, I got a Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer, and Psellia's Fan, as my battle weapons. They're really cheap 9-iconers, for both to go for 35k NP.:3 Also, An Icicle, and Shade are really good Faerie Abilities for this. Just posting that, and this whole post for anyone who needs help.) I'm also ecstatic that I got the Greater Healing Scroll for 450k, when it goes for 600k on the Trading Post!:3 Kinda upset that it doesn't do much better than the Magical Healing Potion, a lot, though, for about 450k more. -_-

Edit: And yeah, if waves keep going at a rate of one every three days, I probably won't be able to keep up, unless TNT took a hint, and realized that the last wave jump was way too steep, and eases up a bit. Doubtful, though.:/

So, I've been training nonstop, ever since I found out about the war a few weeks ago,(don't judge me, I was on a hiatus from Neopets 2 months ago to get the warnings. :P) and when I found out about the huge difficulty jump, and that I could only beat the Smug Philosopher on Mighty, barely, and I could only draw with the Back Alley Bruiser on Mighty, I spent half of my Neopoints upgrading my weapons, taking down data of my fights to find out what shield would be great for it(Still haven't gotten that shield yet, but I'm going to, soon. Maybe after the next wave hits, and I can get more data. :P), and getting a Greater Healing Scroll *Triumphant fanfare*, and now, none of the second wave opponents on Mighty stand a CHANCE!>:3 It makes me really confident that I could get through the next wave on Mighty, and if the last wave(Hopefully the faction leaders), is the fourth wave, I might even be able to go head to head with them on Average, or even Strong! I'm so happy!:3 (Btw, I got a Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer, and Psellia's Fan, as my battle weapons. They're really cheap 9-iconers, for both to go for 35k NP.:3 Also, An Icicle, and Shade are really good Faerie Abilities for this. Just posting that, and this whole post for anyone who needs help.) I'm also ecstatic that I got the Greater Healing Scroll for 450k, when it goes for 600k on the Trading Post!:3 Kinda upset that it doesn't do much better than the Magical Healing Potion, a lot, though, for about 450k more. -_-

Edit: And yeah, if waves keep going at a rate of one every three days, I probably won't be able to keep up, unless TNT took a hint, and realized that the last wave jump was way too steep, and eases up a bit. Doubtful, though.:/

The jump was steep -more than I expected-, but not that bad. When you think that we are only getting two waves a week, and it'll probably only be going on for the next three weeks- that's only six more waves! As it is, I'm still defeating all of the opponents with one hit (just one WEAPON) on Mighty. If they don't get harder, I'm just going to get bored.

All plots are geared towards everyone- TNT gave super easy challengers so everyone can participate in the beginning. If they don't start becoming a challenge for BDers (as I'm sure they will!), they're going to have some really frustrated people on their hands. This war was put out to help launch the new BD- they aren't going to do that by alienating the people that love battling the most.