why do the old Bottled Faeries continue to skyrocket?

grich

I think people think neopets is retiring the old bottled faeries and so everyone's trying to buy them because they'll be rare soon, and that's driving up the price. That's my best guess, unless I missed some kind of memo.

If you have three different old bottled faeries, you can take them to the Cooking Pot on Mystery Island and turn them into one new one.

If you have three different old bottled faeries, you can take them to the Cooking Pot on Mystery Island and turn them into one new one.

yes but even a single old bottle (except light) costs more then 1 new bottle...

The new bottles are becoming rarer and rarer. The new ones are being released daily through the BD, and probably other random events. The old faeries are retired- there may be some introduced into the market each day through dailies, but they are definitely not common.

I would also guess that they haven't come down in price since the new faeries suddenly depreciated in value. Light Faeries dropped from 90k to 20k within just a couple of days. Earth and Air are around 3k, whereas before they were about 20k. Before then, using the old faeries would have been cost efficient. I don't think the market on those has caught up with the prices of the new faeries yet.

Also, a lot of people used up their old faeries in the cooking pot to turn them into new faeries. When they did, those faeries were taken out of the economy. When supply goes down and demand stays the same or goes up, prices tends to go up.

I think people think neopets is retiring the old bottled faeries and so everyone's trying to buy them because they'll be rare soon, and that's driving up the price. That's my best guess, unless I missed some kind of memo.

They are classified as retired, you can't get them anywhere but user shops anymore

They are classified as retired, you can't get them anywhere but user shops anymore

That's technically true, but I've still won them from Scorchy Slots and Dice-a-Roo. TNT needs to change the coding on those games befure they'll be completely retired (and perhaps also the RE's that give them out, too).

I'm guessing like others have mentioned, it's a case of people buying them up since they're "retired", and not responding as quickly to the dramatic decrease in price of the new bottled faeries.

I'm curious though - does anyone think they'll drop back down? Would it be worth it to sell them now, or will they continue to inflate on account of them being retired? :o

When I become neo-rich I plan to buy them out and then sell them in 10 years.

Wow haha that will take a while. :P

As for why the old bottles are so expensive, I'd agree with the posts above me. The bottles are unattainable now (or little chance of getting) so the prices have gone up. Them being used in the Cooking Pot will also take away some of the supply of bottles, therefore, increasing the prices because there are just not as many as before.

As for why the old bottles are so expensive, I'd agree with the posts above me. The bottles are unattainable now (or little chance of getting) so the prices have gone up. Them being used in the Cooking Pot will also take away some of the supply of bottles, therefore, increasing the prices because there are just not as many as before.

I think you can still get them with the scorch slots ;) but other then that no idea.

I am confirming that they are still a prize at the nerkmid machine. So in a few years people will be lucky to get them.

I bet that TNT will change the Nerkmid Vending Machine at some point (alongside all of the other dailies that are giving out the Fading Faeries) to start giving the new faeries.

Also, a lot of people used up their old faeries in the cooking pot to turn them into new faeries. When they did, those faeries were taken out of the economy. When supply goes down and demand stays the same or goes up, prices tends to go up.

There shouldn't be a higher demand for the old faeries than the new ones though. That's what this topic is about. Why are the old ones worth way more when you can use them for anything except to make the new ones anymore?

I managed to get a Fading Light Faerie from the Deserted Tomb recently :)

I still get them sometimes from Tombola or Scorchy Slots.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button. You may reply to multiple quotes by pressing the "Quote" button on each message you want to reply to, and replying to each of them in one post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

There shouldn't be a higher demand for the old faeries than the new ones though. That's what this topic is about. Why are the old ones worth way more when you can use them for anything except to make the new ones anymore?

Because they are a collectors item now, as people have said. It`s rare to get your hands on one, therefore they are worth more. There are tonnes of rare/retired items that are useless (or only give out cheap items), but people will still pay a lot for them because they are rare.

Because they are a collectors item now, as people have said. It`s rare to get your hands on one, therefore they are worth more. There are tonnes of rare/retired items that are useless (or only give out cheap items), but people will still pay a lot for them because they are rare.

Yeah, I suppose I understand that. But a lot of people also don't seem to realize that several dailies as well as scorchy slots still give them. I'm actually surprised TNT hasn't done anything about that yet since they are "retired."

Yeah, I suppose I understand that. But a lot of people also don't seem to realize that several dailies as well as scorchy slots still give them. I'm actually surprised TNT hasn't done anything about that yet since they are "retired."

I'm sure they will. Though, at least one daily gives out a retired item purposefully- The King Altador one gives out a retired book about Lupes- it was retired before the daily began as well.

Hi, there. I've been wondering: now that there are new faerie abilities and the old ones are no longer working, what happens if you land on that spot on the Wheel of Excitement that used to raise an ability? I'm hoping you'll have an answer for me, as it would probably take several weeks to try landing on the right spot to figure this out for myself. Thank you in advance. ~eilistae

This is on our list we've been going down as we replace different games with the new faeries. Instead of ability upgrades, this slot will eventually give away one of the new bottled faeries. (source)

It might take a while for that to happen though!