Robot Muffin

Brain Muffin

My stats are:

113 / 113

Strength 85

Defense 85

Agility 25

Intelligence 107

I know technically I need a Freezer to complete my set, but I am not buying the heavily inflated Randomly Firing Freeze Ray. I just don't believe it is worth it. However, I want to have a fighting chance in the next wave and I need more for that... I was considering buying a Hidden Tower item to improve my set, because those prices are at least somewhat fixed. Any ideas? :-)

If you do decide to spend alot of money on a hidden tower weapon, and not a freezer, I highly suggest Kelpbeards Trident for constant power.

Skarls Hasty Mace is another option that can do less damage, OR more damage than Kelpbeards Trident depending on how lucky you.

Another alternative is the famous Ghostkerbomb. This is the most damaging one-per battle item in the game. For the turn that you use it, you'll see your max damage for that turn greatly increased. I hope this helps!

I agree wholeheartedly with AJ. I would suggest the same weapons for you.

If you want consistency for a cheap price, go for Kelpbeards Trident. If you want the high payoff and raw power with a nice combo of icons, go for Skarls Hasty Mace.

If you decide to go get a Ghostkerbomb, you wouldn't have to upgrade :)

I actually wouldn't suggest getting a Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield for you yet. Your defense is nice, but it's a bit low for the shield to work to it's maximum potential. Feel free to get it though, if you'd like, as there aren't really many shield upgrades after it. You could try getting both Faerie Tabard and Ghostkershield, as they cover at least 3 of all icons when paired together.

For other weapons though, check out the awesome anagram swords which are all masters of their own elements. But apart from that, nothing really worth suggesting that's of stable price at the moment.

Yea, it does, thank you. I was considering the Ghostkerbomb! I also thought about Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield, for awesome blocking power, but not sure if that'd be useful at my defense level?

Honestly, probably not. In fact, Ghostkerbomb might not be a great option for you either. The best way for you to make a difference is to increase your stats.

Consider this:

1. You spend 7.5m on a Ghostkerbomb. Your maximum attack damage is now Ghostkerbomb + Bow of Destiny, which is (30 icons + 13 icons) * 2.5 boost = 107.5 damage. That's assuming that GBomb does the max damage, which it typically doesn't. The average is 25.5 icons, which puts you at 96.25 damage on average. Plus, you can only use GBomb once per battle.

2. You spend 7.5m on Bubbling Fungus Potions to increase your strength quickly. These are going for about 110K now, so you can buy 68 of them with 7.5m. BFP causes a 1.7 gain in strength on average, so this would get you 115 strength points, putting you at 200. Now your maximum attack damage is Hanso Charisma Charm + Bow of Destiny, which is (10 icons + 13 icons) * 4.5 boost = 103.5 every turn.

3. You spend 7.5m on codestones to increase your strength. You didn't provide your level, so I'm assuming you're trainable, with a level at half your HP, 57. Codestones are, on average, about 7k each right now, so with 7.5m you can afford 1,071 codestones. You can use 28*3=84 codestones to get your strength up to your HP, and then use 23*3=69 codestones to level up to 80 while you use 47*3=141 codestones to get your strength to 160. This leaves you with 777 codestones still. Then, you gain 20 levels and 40 more strength with 60*4=240 codestones, and then again 20 levels at 40 strength at 60*5=300 codestones. Now you're at level 120, strength 240, and you still have 237 codestones to use. You get your strength to 250 by gaining 10 strength and 5 levels, which will cost you 15*6=90 codestones, leaving you with 147 codestones. That won't get you to the next boost, though, so this method gets you to the 250 strength boost and saves you 147 * 7,000 = 1,029,000 NP. Now, your maximum attack damage is HCC + BoD = (10 icons + 13 icons) * 5.5 boost = 126.5 every turn. You're doing more damage than when GBomb happened to do the maximum number of icons, and you're doing it every turn, AND you've spent 1m less.

I know you won't have time to do all that training, but I mention this to demonstrate the importance of training and how it's much more cost-effective than weapon upgrades, even at inflated codestone prices.

For weapon suggestions, AJ and GT pretty much covered it. You already have good weapons in the intermediate class, and upgrading to something like Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy wouldn't do you much good because it's just 1-4 icons more, which is 2.5-10 damage more for you. 2m is not worth that, in my opinion. If you want more options, check out the Battlepedia's Basic Weapon Sets guide. You could upgrade your constants to any in the Advanced class.

Good luck! :)

Thank you, Lamppost, that is extremely helpful. Of course I don't have time to train so much now - I'm actually still training as we speak, so it's not as if I have given up on improving my stats - but it's good to see the actual cost-benefit so clearly.

The thing is - I'd rather now pay a bit more and have a set that will last me through all the strength and defense boosts than pay inflated prices for a set I'll have to upgrade again and again. :-)

Thank you, Lamppost, that is extremely helpful. Of course I don't have time to train so much now - I'm actually still training as we speak, so it's not as if I have given up on improving my stats - but it's good to see the actual cost-benefit so clearly.

The thing is - I'd rather now pay a bit more and have a set that will last me through all the strength and defense boosts than pay inflated prices for a set I'll have to upgrade again and again. :-)

Then definitely take a look at the Basic Weapon Sets guide. I think your best bet right now is to increase your attack damage by upgrading those weapons. And get rid of your Scarab Ring, because it's not helping you much. There are much better weapons out there, even in the beginner dual duty class.

Since you don't want to get RFFR, you might want to consider another freezer that's more reliable. Scroll of Freezing served me well for a long time, except that it kept breaking and I had to keep buying a new one, which was frustrating, but hey - you get what you pay for. You could also look into H4000 Helmet, which before inflation was around 7m, so you might be able to afford it instead of GBomb. Alternatively or in addition, you could get the faerie ability Lens Flare. It's incredibly helpful and works much like a freezer.

Lamppost you are a BD genious! Haha. But no, seriously... I found this quite helpful myself.. even though I have no where near 7.5mil to spend, it's pretty awesome to know that training will have a much better benefit in the long run than an inflated weapon will. Good to know for the next plot... if we have another one within the next 5 years. :P

If you do end up upgrading, I suggest you upgrade your constants instead of getting GBomb. With your stats and your lack of a freezer, battles are likely to last more than one turn and GBomb might not get through on the turn you use it, which is wasteful. So think about these scenarios:

Scenario 1: You get GBomb. GBomb does, on average, 25.5 icons on one turn, with a maximum of 30.

Turn 1: GBomb + Bow of Destiny = 96.25 damage

Turn 2: BoD + HCC = 57.5

Total: 153.75

Scenario 2: You get Kelpbeards Trident. KBT does, on average, 18 icons on one turn, with a maximum of 24 icons.

Turn 1: KBT + BoD = (18 icons + 13 icons) * 2.5 boost = 77.5 damage

Turn 2: KBT + BoD = 77.5

Total: 155

In two turns, you've done more damage with KBT than you would with GBomb. Granted, KBT is more expensive, so you might not be able to afford it, in which case GBomb will help you out, especially if you get Lens Flare.

As you can deduce, to be better than GBomb in two turns, you need a weapon that does at least 17.75 icons, on average. 17.75 would be the "break even" point.

Skarls Hasty Mace does an average of 16.5 icons, meaning GBomb gives you a better two turns. However, if you did this analysis for 3 turns, SHM would come out on top. So when deciding on that one, you might determine whether or not you expect your battles to last at least 3 turns. With your stats, I'm guessing that you'll have at least 3 turn battles, especially since even with GBomb, you would have trouble defeating the current wave on Mighty in 2 turns. But it's up to you.

Lamppost pretty much "Lampposted" us all :D Nice advice Lamppost! I'm even considering primarily training now =)))

lol And once again Lamppost demonstrates why she is the 'First Lady of the Battlepedia'! *claps* Great advice! Battling is more than just throwing cool weapons on your pet after all. The pet and the player must also train too, if you want to go far. You could say, battling is like a tripod. ;)