Help me stay plot competitive!

Hey guys! Thanks in advance for the help.

I'll start with stats and set.

Level: 75

HP: 145

Strength: 133

Defense: 85

Intel: 112

Set

G-bomb

Kelpbeard's

Hanso Charm

Greater Healing Scroll

Meh/Bad Shield

Abilities

Icicle

Solar Flare (best bang for the buck thing I ever bought)

So, I'm starting to get a little worried about staying plot competitive. I didn't have any trouble handling the current guys on mighty, but I'm betting that's about to change. I'm thinking I can probably reliably beat foes up to ~225 difficulty, and if they are dark icon heavy maybe 250-275. We'll probably be getting to that range within two days.

I have about 8 million to play with.

I'm doing my best to level up my strength to catch the BIG boost at 200. I don't want to buy ASPs or anything like that, because financially they really are a waste relative to the training school. If I get close enough by the time I can't handle the foes, I'll do it then. I'm betting I have 4 or 5 days before the waves are straight up too much for my current strength.

So what's the best bang for the buck set addition? (Please note, that if possible I'd prefer not to buy something hyper inflated).

The three ideas I've been toying with:

-Magical Marbles

-Hubrid Nox Shield (I have enough Negg points to boost myself to 125 defense if needed)

-Crisp Blue Tunic (overkill for my health, but a 200 hp differential is a lot...intel boost would be easy)

-Another constant (?)

Thoughts?

I'm leaning towards the magical marbles. Added to solar flare, I get two free turns to do a pretty heavy amount of damage.

I'm thinking the shield isn't the best idea, cuz my d won't get much higher than 125 anytime soon, and it's not going to win me any battles.

The CBT I'm kinda down on cuz it's so darn expensive right now. Also, the GHS is pretty decent for my level.

I'm really not into the idea of another constant. The Hanso Charm is a great number 2, especially since I can "game" the opponents to go after the ones that are dark icon-centric.

Thanks so much for the help!

Realcar

I like downsize. It blocks half of the damage for one turn and it's reasonably priced. I use that instead of a shield because it doesn't matter what they hit my with. It's once per battle. The CBT takes 100 hp and gives it to you, so you have to be down 100 and they have to have at least 101 hp or it won't work. I think the marbles are a good choice and the price is fairly constant so if you really don't like them, you can probably sell them for around what you paid and get another constant.

Just my 2 cents.

Crisp Blue Tunic won't work for you right now. It has an intel requirement of 750. You'd have to read a lot of books to your pet in order to get it to do the drain.

A freezer would definitely help you. Magical Marbles of Mystery, H4000 Helmet, and Freezing Potion all give a 100% freeze. MMoM does do the most icons, but to save some NP, I bough the H4k Helmet and never looked back. If it's cheaper, I would consider it if I were you.

You already have really good attack weapons, and you can't get much better. Upgrading HCC requires letting go of the dual duty, which you might not want to do. If you do choose to, then you can go up a small jump to Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy, or a bigger jump to Skarls Hasty Mace or an anagram sword.

Shields are where you have room for improvement, but you're right, they won't help you much without the increased defense. However, since that's where you have the most room to grow, that might be the best option for you.

On the other hand, you could reconsider your stance on item training. Getting to the next strength boost will take you at least 16 days, and you have a big budget for improvement. If you have that kind of NP to spend and a reason to be worried about your time, item training might make sense. If you bought SHM for 7m NP at the Hidden Tower, your damage with SHM + KBT would be, on average, (16.5 icons + 18 icons) * 3 boost = 103.5 damage. If you instead bought 14 ASPs at 450k each, it would cost you 6.3m, and your damage with KBT + HCC would be, on average, (18 icons + 10 icons) * 4.5 boost = 126 damage.

I hate paying for item training, too, when it's so much cheaper to train at the schools. But at some point, item training makes sense. For me, it's cheaper than raising my level because I have a lab rat. For you, the real cost in academy training is the time. It's up to you whether it's worth the NP to be able to do more damage now.

So thus far suggestions are Downsize! (is that multi use?), Magical Marbles, and training! Thanks guys!

It just occurred to me:

Any reason to grab an everlasting crystal apple? I know I would outgrow it pretty soon, but it might be able to get me through the plot and probably wouldn't lose much value if I wanted to sell it after?

I appreciate the help from you expert battlers. Just let me know what to do!

R

Okay, thanks guys! I picked up a Downsize! for 11k. Even at once per battle, the cost benefit on those is absolutely absurd. I can't imagine needing it more than once a battle. I think that's probably one of those things (mostly) where I'm trying to avoid a draw when both I and the opponent are running on low health.

So where to from there?

Thanks again!