Surprise Attack Enters Battledome!

hrtbrk

I finally finished my 'doing your part bar' and unlocked BOTH achievements. I have no idea how I managed that first one, I didn't even come close to dealing 1000 damage. Hmm. It has to be 'combined damage' methinks, cause I didn't get it until I was almost done with my 'doing your part bar'. :)

Finally, done. I started a movie on one of my monitors and just kept clicking. It wasn't too bad. I guess!

I followed your example and caught up with some anime while trying to die 300 times. Filled my bar now, but the Sway has yet to defeat Pride. She still has 1.4 million HP.

How are the other factions doing?

I admire your dedication :laughingsmiley: Even if you are not on my team :P

I would love to like your post, but I cannot... it says "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" while I did not like any other posts today at all... So I do it this way ;) Thanks. My girlfriend did the same thing as me, because I find out it worked, we are hoping the battling stops now though, because it really is time consuming.

But I have only 39 health... there is no way to survive the first hit... at least it makes it less frustrating to know that people can get it with two hits... I guess I need to be extremely lucky to get hit 1000, I have seen 960 so it could be possible...

I got the achievement and I think it is when you have dished out 1000 damage or 2000 hit points and it doesn't need to be in the one battle Not sure though as I haven't won a single battle yet in the last raid or this one either...I think I was tttooo pleased with myself with the first few rounds and needed a lesson in humility...

I got the achievement and I think it is when you have dished out 1000 damage or 2000 hit points and it doesn't need to be in the one battle Not sure though as I haven't won a single battle yet in the last raid or this one either...I think I was tttooo pleased with myself with the first few rounds and needed a lesson in humility...

That is not the achievement I am talking about though ;)

Hey people! What do I do in a situation like this: Yesterday I got the Lens Flare and today IT IS GONE! I have my Shhhh but my Light Faeries are also gone. It looks like the Battledome database has been backen up to a point where I still had Shhh, but my SDB is not. How do I make a ticket? How do I get my 7 Light Faeries back?

I can't fight my boss properly right now without that. This was the only way I was making any damage to it.

I have just achieved my Doing Your Part Gold Tick....I lost all of 361 battles to get the bar filled..They were

76 Green (average)

108 Orange (Strong)

177 Red (Mighty)

Only way I could do this was because my pets hit points were not lost with each battle that I was badly beaten...Pheww

I finally finished my 'doing your part bar' and unlocked BOTH achievements. I have no idea how I managed that first one, I didn't even come close to dealing 1000 damage. Hmm. It has to be 'combined damage' methinks, cause I didn't get it until I was almost done with my 'doing your part bar'. :)

I dealt far more than 1000 combined damage without getting that achievement, but then got it much later at the same time as the other. I don't believe it has anything to do with a specific amount of damage. My current theories:

Neopets SMASH!

Deal more damage in one battle (on Mighty?) than your pet has hit points.

'Tis Just A Scratch

Survive at least one round in combat. (I managed this once, courtesy of a Thick Smoke Bomb.)

I have both achievements now, so I can't test these, but until I hear otherwise, this is how I think a person gets these achievements. One fight with a Stone Muffin and a Thick Smoke Bomb did the trick for me, anyway.

All I can say for certain is that I decided to use the one Thick Smoke Bomb I found in my SDB (no idea where that or the Parasol even came from, by the way) to drag the fight out to two rounds, just the once, and after that battle, I found I'd earned both achievements together. Beyond that, all I have is theory.

I suppose I can also say that the original thoughts behind both achievements are definitely wrong, though. By the time I'd attempted this, I'd already dealt over 3000 cumulative damage without receiving any achievement, and while I don't know the precise number, I am certain Apathy dealt less that 1000 total damage to Pyrodrax in that two-round battle.

I got the Neopets SMASH too!!! But i don't know how :mellow:

I think SMASH counts the cumulative damage you deal across the battles. Some people say it's 2000. I got that achievement after about 10 losses, dealing on average 200+ damage per loss.

I think SMASH counts the cumulative damage you deal across the battles. Some people say it's 2000. I got that achievement after about 10 losses, dealing on average 200+ damage per loss.

Agreed, because I come no where near dealing 1000 damage or dealing the same amount of damage as I have HP's. In fact, I was only hitting with 11-17 damage at best.

1159196 Wrath

1161638 Envy

1163620 Greed

1177714 apathy

1189308 Pride

1213834 Death

That's about where Apathy is, Xandria. Unfortunately I can't give you an exact value right now because I caught a disease from one of my dailies. *sigh* King Hagan made me laugh, though: "The easiest battle to win is one your enemy doesn't know about." Ha! No chance of that, but thanks for the advice, o wise one.

Again, I can verify that the only way it could be based on cumulative damage is if the amount is much higher than 2000. I was pounding away at Apathy for hours at an average of 16.2 damage per attack (actual range from 0 - 40) before I even started tracking my own damage. I do not believe that any specific amount of damage triggers that achievement.

I think SMASH is a more complicated achievement than we know - I definitely racked up waaaaay more than 1000 damage on easy without getting it, and was so frustrated I gave up and switched to mighty to fill my DYP bar faster. Once I'd played a few rounds on mighty, the achievement showed up - so I think maybe it deals both with cumulative damage and requires one to play a few rounds on mighty as well? The word "Mighty" does show up twice in the achievement description...

I dealt far more than 1000 combined damage without getting that achievement, but then got it much later at the same time as the other. I don't believe it has anything to do with a specific amount of damage. My current theories:

Neopets SMASH!

Deal more damage in one battle (on Mighty?) than your pet has hit points.

'Tis Just A Scratch

Survive at least one round in combat. (I managed this once, courtesy of a Thick Smoke Bomb.)

I have both achievements now, so I can't test these, but until I hear otherwise, this is how I think a person gets these achievements. One fight with a Stone Muffin and a Thick Smoke Bomb did the trick for me, anyway.

I am going to say both of these are wrong. On the very first battle I did I survived two full rounds dying on the third and I didn't get either one of them despite doing about 400 damage that battle (about double my hit points). It took me 6 rounds to get the achievement so I probably did somewhere around 1000 damage maybe 1500.

I am going to say both of these are wrong. On the very first battle I did I survived two full rounds dying on the third and I didn't get either one of them despite doing about 400 damage that battle (about double my hit points). It took me 6 rounds to get the achievement so I probably did somewhere around 1000 damage maybe 1500.

What difficulty were you fighting at? Neopets SMASH! has the word "mighty" in it, so perhaps nothing you do at lower difficulties counts?

What difficulty were you fighting at? Neopets SMASH! has the word "mighty" in it, so perhaps nothing you do at lower difficulties counts?

I did it on MIGHTY/strong and used my lower pet. She has 18 hit points, and I hit Pride for 28 damage. I didn't get the achievement.

I'm so confused :P lol