Surprise Attack Enters Battledome!

hrtbrk

The message came up for me when I went to the Mysterious Outskirts page, following the link in the News. What happens is: The page loads, complete with Prof. Lambert and his quote, but then an alert box comes up on top of it with that message, and a link at the bottom saying "Survey the Scene". Clicking the link (or clicking the X in the corner) just makes the alert go away and lets you look at the Mysterious Outskirts as usual, with all the Fight buttons grayed out.

Ah. Since it was a pop-up, I checked my NoScript and saw it was blocking something that hasn't been permanently blocked or allowed yet. The pop-up comes from zencdn.net. Weird, TNT. Very weird. Thanks for the info, though.

Wouldn't it be funny (in a terrible, not-funny way) if the Obelisk simply led to another Nick games site?

Ah. Since it was a pop-up, I checked my NoScript and saw it was blocking something that hasn't been permanently blocked or allowed yet. The pop-up comes from zencdn.net. Weird, TNT. Very weird. Thanks for the info, though.

Wouldn't it be funny (in a terrible, not-funny way) if the Obelisk simply led to another Nick games site?

Hush! You must not say such things! LOL. That would be terrible. My best guess is it will either blow up causing the remake of Tyrannia or turn into the prize shop (or both!) :D

If someone posts their 3 hour long, 2000+ round win against a boss on Youtube or something, I would watch the whole thing. Hardcore.

Three hours long? Is that really how long it took those guys who defeated the Envy and Wrath? Oh wow. I don't think that would be something I could watch over and over again. I had enough of a problem trying to finish all of my 'doing your part' bars. :P I'm way to easily distracted for that. I did try searching for such a video on youtube for you though, so far nothing yet.

zencdn by its name is a content-distribution network (CDN). Makes sense that TNT is using CDNs.

I'm glad I managed to fill my progress bar for the final boss even if it was mind numbingly boring!

I am interested to see how TNT will reward/create a satisfactory conclusion for the victors... perhaps the new Tyrannia will be visually influenced somewhat by the winning team? Perhaps the Obelisk will be carved into a statue that resembles the winning faction's leader and will become a new daily?

I hope they don't keep us waiting too long!

I was rather disappointed that my pet was not challenged in skill nor tactics, until the last round where she was forced to commit a helltorture insanity of committing suicide over and over again. As the old ones used to say, there may be honour in the battle but there is only folly in dying stupidly.

*sighs* I still can't believe another day has gone by with no update. :(

Yet, now that it is the weekend I find it very unlikely that we'll get a finale' before Monday. I suspect we wait.

Almost like before a mission, your chute is packed, your kit is loaded and the seals broken, your sidearm holstered (situational). Then you sit in a freezing bay while some control freak pilot takes you to dz and you go over and over in your head the ways you could mess up and become a strawberry pancake.

Come to think of it, compared to that this waiting is hardly bad at all. I think I'll have another cup of Kona and rebandage my cat's foot.

We did get an update; check the editorial that came out yesterday. It was implied that we'll hear something on Monday, and also that there will definitely be a prize shop.

I reviewed both the daily news and the NT editorial. The latter said nothing; the former merely implied that the keys for the luminous casks will no longer work after Sunday night. I do not take that to be an indicator of the war officially ending Monday, nor do I believe the mention of five possible prizes for the casks means that there will be a prize shop available come Monday.

Well the editorial does imply that a prize shop may be opening. It has the twins saying "We are waiting for the prize shop to open, we want our cake" so I'll take that as an indicator. :) I didn't see where it said anything about Monday though. Oh, and TNT did say the war is over. it's right on the obelisk page. :P Not saying nothing more will happen, but I'm starting to doubt it.

Ah, yes...the twins thing. Forgot about that. But we're agreed that there's definitely no indication of Monday. (I'm not even sure cake is a certainty. Haha!)

The Monday speculation is something a lot of boardies are getting from Hanso's 72-hour ban; I'm not putting a lot of stock in it, but the reference is there to be picked apart so there's no need to be rude.

The Monday speculation is something a lot of boardies are getting from Hanso's 72-hour ban; I'm not putting a lot of stock in it, but the reference is there to be picked apart so there's no need to be rude.

Sweet D wasn't being rude? :mellow: I don't see how you took it that way.

edit: three minutes to spare until midnight. Let's see if something happens today. :)

*sigh* I was really hoping today would mark the next Obelisk update. It seemed like it would fit. Oh, well....

Well, I know this is a bad pun, considering your name, but...cool it. ( :laughingsmiley:) They haven't posted the new news yet. No sense worrying until another day goes by without anything posted.

(And now I'd better run, because my fingers are threatening to fail when it comes to speaking English. OI!)

We still await the cake, the fate of the cake is at stake, so we wait. The late cake did hesitate, the plate of fate, for pete's sake.

26th March
Those who participated in the battles down at the Mysterious Obelisk, please take note! We are still teaching Tyrannians to count tallying up all your prize points. Thank you for your patience!