Survey the Scene

funkyvixen

"A new day dawns across Tyrannia, and the battlefield is silent. All the apparitions that plagued the factions have vanished, destroyed by brave fighters. Yet who won? Those that still stand glance around, trying to organise their scattered factions. It may be a while before that answer becomes clear. Only then can the obelisk be opened...

Interesting message in the battledome. Anyone else get this. This might mean more is coming. Any ideas? Inside the Obelisk maybe.

We all get this message. Basically it's nothing than a reminder that the war is over.The only thing that's going to come are the results and the Prize shop.

We all get this message. Basically it's nothing than a reminder that the war is over.The only thing that's going to come are the results and the Prize shop.

I disagree. I still think that there's something in the obelisk. The war is clearly over, but that doesn't meant that nothing else is going to happen.

NOOOOO NOT AN ENDING!!

I was hoping for some more puzzles or something :( But yeah, I do want prizes, that part is nice.

Haha yeah~ I love when they give out puzzles. Though I tend to get frustrated when I don't get it. >_>

:D can't wait for the prizes!

Remember, the obelisk hasn't been opened yet. There could be anything- I'm hoping for a new species. The last new species was Lutari (I think) which was 7 flippin' years ago, on 19th April 2006. Link to the news for that day, you have to scroll down though.

We're about due for a new species.

Remember, the obelisk hasn't been opened yet. There could be anything- I'm hoping for a new species. The last new species was Lutari (I think) which was 7 flippin' years ago, on 19th April 2006. Link to the news for that day, you have to scroll down though.

We're about due for a new species.

It would be cool to see a new species...though I have no idea what sort of critter it might be, to come out of this obelisk. I'm wondering if the obelisk is some kind of portal (maybe magical, maybe just literal) to a new location in Neopia...sort of like how the Ice Caves cracked open to reveal Tyrannia in the first place. (It's getting hard to remember that all of Tyrannia is supposed to be underground, Lost World style....)

Also: Yay, I can "Like" things now!

A new species was one thing before customization, and another thing entirely now. They'd have to fix it so that all the wearables work for the new species. It would be a big big deal. Maybe as part of an elaborate plot, not the mini war this is looking to be.

It does make sense though that there'd be a puzzle or some kind of impediment to opening the obelisk. What do you do, hit it with a sledgehammer? Say "open sesame"? There should be some sort of mystery about how to open it!

A new species was one thing before customization, and another thing entirely now. They'd have to fix it so that all the wearables work for the new species. It would be a big big deal. Maybe as part of an elaborate plot, not the mini war this is looking to be.

It does make sense though that there'd be a puzzle or some kind of impediment to opening the obelisk. What do you do, hit it with a sledgehammer? Say "open sesame"? There should be some sort of mystery about how to open it!

Agreed. For how much power they said it had, and for all the forces that have been trying to get at it, six bosses just doesn't seem like much of an impediment to opening the obelisk. I really hope there's still something more.

Usually when there is a war there are multiple things that happen, TNT knows most people do not have great battle pets so they incorporate puzzles and stuff.

But who knows. I hope it's not done, that was a very quick war.

After seeing the news that was posted yesterday, I'm officially out of hope that they're doing much more for this. It's a shame, it's been two years since The Faeries' Ruin ended and (along with many of you) I've been craving a new plot.

I'm trying to convince myself that they want us to think it's over, but they've really got more for us as a surprise. The optimism is waning though...Then again, it just says they're tallying up prize points from fighting, puzzles could be on the horizon. But I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

Well its says they are tallying for the battle, so i think its the end of the fighting.

"Those who participated in the battles down at the Mysterious Obelisk, please take note! We are still teaching Tyrannians to count tallying up all your prize points. Thank you for your patience!"

There is still hope for a puzzle.

I really hope they say who won by next week or I'll be really peeved.

I hope not, honestly - imo the more time they leave, the greater chance this is going to be a full, long-term plot with regular breaks (like say for the negg festival/daily dare/AC). My deepest hope right now is that mid-April as the negg festival is finishing up we'll get a nice "oh wow after all that counting it looks like everyone was TIED????!? and now all the faction leaders are racing for one of the six obelisk doors OH HEY PUZZLE GO" announcement.

I hope not, honestly - imo the more time they leave, the greater chance this is going to be a full, long-term plot with regular breaks (like say for the negg festival/daily dare/AC). My deepest hope right now is that mid-April as the negg festival is finishing up we'll get a nice "oh wow after all that counting it looks like everyone was TIED????!? and now all the faction leaders are racing for one of the six obelisk doors OH HEY PUZZLE GO" announcement.

THIS.

That's what I was thinking may happen. But it's TNT and for some reason I can never quite guess what they are going to throw at us. But it would be nice to have more things to do. I didn't do GREAT in the battle, but i did pretty well. I would like to have more to do to mek this plot worth it. It was too short for all the hype they gave.

We are still teaching Tyrannians to count tallying up all your prize points

As a tyrannian supporter, I found this offensive :rolleyes_anim:

I just hope they won't release the answer as an April's fool joke :sad01_anim:

I just hope they won't release the answer as an April's fool joke :sad01_anim:

Yesssssss, I'm crossing fingers

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

TNT has never given out prizes mid-plot before. Keep in mind, this was a war, not a plot (though it did have that bit of digging at the beginning, mostly I think to give them an excuse to add an additional NC component) -- the last war was Curse of Maraqua in 2005, and wars are pretty much just battling (plots have puzzle and battling components, but TNT has emphasized that this is a war, not a plot). They have said it's over in about three different ways. If you keep looking for loopholes in what they said, I'm sure you can find them... but it's over.

As much as I'd love to hold out hope that there's more to come, I'm not really going to (beyond a concluding video and the reveal of the interior of the obelisk -- which might be a passage to a new place or the prize shop, or it might explode and reveal a reordered Tyrannia). Maybe there will be a "to be continued" message, but if it's true, I doubt we'll get more for a year or more. Apparently this was more like AotA. But maybe we'll get another TFR/LDP soon.

THIS.

That's what I was thinking may happen. But it's TNT and for some reason I can never quite guess what they are going to throw at us. But it would be nice to have more things to do. I didn't do GREAT in the battle, but i did pretty well. I would like to have more to do to mek this plot worth it. It was too short for all the hype they gave.

Yeah, they'd been teasing this since what, December? It really does seem all too short. But we'll see - like you said, TNT is unknowable.

^This. Even though TNT has stated it is a war, not a plot, I'm still really hoping for a puzzle or two.