Battledome Dailies

Hello everyone! I couldn't find an article in the Battlepedia on this, so I thought I should ask. (Though if this question has been answered already, please feel free to direct me towards a relevant link. Thanks!)

I noticed that Battledome opponents tend to drop themed "junk" items, eg the Spider Grundo rewards gross spider stuff, Brain Tree gives me undead vegetables, Sloth Clone drops robot stuff, etc. I was just wondering if anyone has noticed if different opponents tend to drop training-related items (codestones, faeries) more often than others. Does the level of your pet and/or the difficulty level of your challenger affect anything?

For the record, I've been pretty lucky with the Brain Tree today and not as lucky with others (sorry forgot which), but I was wondering if I was just on a lucky streak. I could always test it out and figure it out for myself over some span of time, but it occurred to me that it would be faster to ask TDNers. Thoughts?

Lady Frostbite is actually my favourite for codestones. And of course Jetsam Ace for Nerkmids xD I am also fairly certain that it doesn't matter what difficulty you fight at, the chances of prizes are still completely random. Some challengers do drop some neat stuff more than others, like Kreludan Challengers will drop Neocola Tokens, some Neopia Central ones will drop more Nerkmids, etc.

But yeah, our awesome BP team is working hard on compiling a detailed list of all the challengers' prizes.

Who is the best one for red codestones? I haven't really gotten red codestones lately. Not that I'm complaining, because I've been getting nerkmids :-P

I usually go for Jelly Chia on Mighty difficulty. I started with him because healing after every battle would be annoying, but with a Leaf Shield and a dual duty that can block 3+ dark, he's easily defeated without taking any damage. Of course, now that the faerie abilities have come into play. Lens Flare + G-bomb = Round 1 Victory. For my pet's stats anyway. Before I would freeze him and then attack. Jelly Chia's arsenal uses mainly water and earth, which the leaf shield can block easily. The darkness comes into play when the Jelly Chia uses an Evil Snowball.

I do get a bit of junk spooky food, which is nice for Esophoger/Brain Tree quests. But lately, I've gotten a decent amount and variety of codestones, and a few bottles faeries sometimes. Today I got 8 useful items (Codestones and bottled faeries) and 7 spooky foods. Sometimes the ratio is slightly better, sometimes it's way worse. LOL but it's usually a decent range and overal variety of items.

Frankly, I'm glad that the war is over in this case that I didn't care for the prizes from the UGGA Dome with the war opponents.

Well, if you use our TDN 1-player profiles, you could potentially find one that you could battle and beat without getting any damage and still get some good items.

That's what I like about Jelly Chia. You study their weapons and defenses and then find one that you can do, and gives good prizes as well.

Although, with the Lens Flare ability, you could try to take an opponent out in round 1 while they can't use their weapons that round, and thereby not getting any damage. It can be done. ;)

Or, use your freezer, a weapon and lens flare, for 2 rounds potentially damage free. ;)

Good luck!

Sure, I don't know your battle set or what new faerie abilities you've learned, but if you need help, feel free to post.

Leaf Shield and Golden Compass should work against Jelly Chia quite well. Or instead of Golden Compass, if you had a Hanso Charisma Charm (full dark blocker and 10 icons attack) and use that with the Leaf Shield, it should also do well to protect your HP. :)

Good luck!

I'll need a bit more money (and probably some more training) before I can really follow through, but thanks for the plan of attack!

You probably don't need much. If you were to use 2 of a 10-icon weapon like Scroll of the Scholar, currently going for about 5,000 NP, and Lens Fare, you could take out any opponent with less than 110 HP in one turn. You would do 20 icons * 5.5 boost = 110 damage. Plus, because you used Lens Flare, your opponent can't block any of the damage nor do any damage to you.

If you were to save up your NP, you could get 2 Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddys, which would cost about 1.8m each and does 14 icons. Then you could take out any opponent who has 154 HP or less, which includes the Jelly Chia on Strong. You couldn't get up to Mighty, but as far as we can tell, the prizes are the same. I think the only difference is the number of NP you earn.

If you want to spend fewer NP, you could get a Rainbow Clockwork Grundo for around 2.8m and pair it with a Scroll of the Scholar. Then you're doing, on average, 16.4 icons + 10 icons, which does 26.4 icons * 5.5 boost = 145.2 damage. It's not much less than the previous option, and it's about 795k cheaper. Since you're only planning to do one round, this would be sufficient.

I always used to fight the S750 Kreludan Defender Robot (before I figured out about the premium Jetsam Ace and Nerkmids). My theory is that the number of codestones and now faeries (the good prizes across domes) you get depends on how many (usually junk) items are given out for a particular dome/challenger. For example, when fighting in the Central Arena I found I was winning more junk food than codestones in comparison to how I was doing in Neocola Centre. In Neocola Centre it doesn't seem there are as many junk items awarded as with some of the other domes. Each day I typically won several codestones/faeries, a few Neocola Tokens, and once in a while an Armoured Negg.

I used to fight in the Neocola Dome for tokens and the chance of an armoured negg, but I got quite a lot of codestones (red and normal) from there. This is my third day in a row fighting Jetsam Ace, and though the codestones have reduced, I am getting more faeries, and got 2 Nerkmids so far!

I would say if you have premium go for jetsam ace, sell whatever he gives you and buy whatever you want with that NP.

• 3 weeks later...

Fought Ace and Giant Space Fungus, and got almost total junk. Flutter Flutter Scroll of Dark Nova Gorunda the Wise Scroll of Ultranova Starry Cookie Pile Starry Cookie Pile Starry Cookie Pile Dark Nova Green Neocola Token Bri Codestone Gorunda the Wise Bri Codestone Scroll of Ultranova Weak Bottled Water Faerie So only 4 semi decent prizes: 2 bri codestones, 1 token, 1 faerie :(

Edited to add, all junk again today, only good thing was one codestone:

Supernova

Weak Bottled Light Faerie

Triple Tier Space Faerie Cake

Scroll of Dark Nova

Weak Bottled Earth Faerie

Crumble Fungus

Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie

Weak Bottled Earth Faerie

Space Faerie Cupcake

Weak Bottled Air Faerie

Weak Bottled Air Faerie

Ultranova

Weak Bottled Fire Faerie
Sho Codestone
Space Faerie Cereal
Might have to stop fighting the premium opponents.

• 5 weeks later...

I had no idea you can still get prizes from battling!! I thought before it was just related to the war and didn't give it another thought. Now don't I feel stupid :( On the upside, yay prizes!!

I can't wait until there's a guide out about which challenger gives out which prizes, I'm just hoping for codestones for training.

I had no idea you can still get prizes from battling!! I thought before it was just related to the war and didn't give it another thought. Now don't I feel stupid :( On the upside, yay prizes!!

I can't wait until there's a guide out about which challenger gives out which prizes, I'm just hoping for codestones for training.

Try Koi Warrior or Giant spectral Mutant Walein or Lady Frostbite. Whatever challenger in Dome of the Deep.

Yes, Codestone Pricer is right. The challengers in Dome of the Deep do seem to give out codestones more often than the other challengers.

We are still collecting data on prizes for the Battlepedia, but we are making some big strides forward, so hopefully we'll get the prize guide out soon!

Thanks guys! I went with Koi Warrior and the last 2 days I've got about 10 codestones, 4 bottled faeries and a 10 dubloon coin, with some random books and toys so I'm happy. Training is so much easier with codestones from KeyQuest and the Battledome.

One of this site's competitor's has a listing of prizes that can be obtained from the various opponents. A very nice person with a sunny neopets disposition thanks me for the emails I send her with updates on prizes awarded from the Slug or Pirate.

It would be nice if we had the actually frequency of prizes awarded, however my opinion is that neopets is changing if not just the frequency but the actually prizes awarded.

The Slug is still my favorite, as his premium prizes are still getting a decent premium.

Hello :)

I always battle S750 Kreludan Defender Robot, because I find, that even though he dumps a lot of bad, cheap items such as space salt, NeoCola Book etc, he also dumps a lot of NeoCola Tokens, which can be sold for about 850 np.

He also sometimes dumps an Armoured Negg, which can be sold for about 40K !

The amount of codestones and battle faeries that he dumps is different, but I normally always get one or two of each!

Happy gaming.

Who is the best one for red codestones? I haven't really gotten red codestones lately. Not that I'm complaining, because I've been getting nerkmids :-P

I get a lot from S750 Kreludan Defender Robot :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to battle jetsam in the cosmic dome and was happy with the prizes like nerkmids, but just this last week or so I feel like it has got harder to actually win.

Til now I just played in a relaxed way and won my way through til there were no more prizes but just lately I have to heal midway through??

It doesnt make sense because my stats are going up all the time as Im training. I asked around the battle forum on neo and people seemed to think it was just bad luck but Im not so sure.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed that it is getting tougher?

Edit: Just got a strength boost for hitting 200 and wow what a difference, I dont have the problems winning at all anymore, maybe TNT make it tough on pupose just before you boost so you appreciate it lol

am thinking of switching battlegrounds as not getting nerkmids these days and could do with some red codestones.

Where is the best place for reds?

• 2 weeks later...

WOAH, I just got the most GOOD prizes I have ever gotten from one day of battling. 10 codestones, (all regular) and 1 Weak Bottled Light Faerie!

I've gotten 7 and 8 good prizes before, but never a major majority like this! Cool! :D

Not sure if this kind of luck can happenw ith other challengers, but I suspect it is a possibility.

I was battling the Esophagor on Mighty difficulty.

Later guys. :)