Obelisk War Winner?

brittney_ds

When do we find out who won? And when does the obelisk open? I didn't beat every challenge or challenger, so it might just be that...?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Battledome & Battlepedia Chat' to 'Obelisk War'.

When do we find out who won? And when does the obelisk open? I didn't beat every challenge or challenger, so it might just be that...?

Sadly enough none of us knows when they will announce who won or when the obelisk will open. TNT is sure taking their time to announce the prizes and the winners of this event.

As mentioned, TNT are being really slow with the results. No one knows yet who won and what the prizes are.

We're just going to have to wait. And I really hope it's not 3 months like elbandito said...

My thinking is that as TNT seem to have returned to the old-style wars of about eight or nine years ago, they've also returned to the way they used to do prizes, where you had to wait about three months for them...

LOL Yeah, you would think they'd learn from back then about being so slow on the prize distributions. :P

Even if different TNTers are there instead of those that were around with the olde wars. Knowing the history of things like that would be beneficial for making us users happy. ;)

They responded a question regarding that in this week's editorial.

Hi, TNT! *throws Neggs* So, the Obelisk War was about... three weeks ago, I think? Are those Tyrannians still having trouble counting up the points, or are things just pretty hectic around the office with the Festival of Neggs and other site events around Neopia? I'm just anxious to find out the results; this has to be one of my favorite site events by far!
Nothing's interrupting our efforts! We're just still running the numbers. We had the faction winner figured out in the first day or two, and we're just as anxious to get the results out as you are! It's the individual points that take a while to get right. To give you a bit of context, it works something like this:
We check on the massive amount of fight data we have and try to get a basic idea of the different buckets of participation we can put players in and what percentage of participants fall within these buckets. This is just a rough point we can start from, and then it gets crazy. We do a base set of point numbers, run sample queries and compare to various levels of participation, tweak numbers, re-run queries, run different queries to get more information on certain buckets, etc., etc. Some of those individual queries can take a while to run by themselves, so we work furiously, wait, work furiously again, wait some more... and that’s just for point values! After that, we have to actually price the prizes. During all of this, we're also working on building the prize shop and... some other things. We discovered long ago that to do it properly takes time. (Ask folks who were around for the Curse of Maraqua prize shop. ;_ ;) When we're comfortable with the numbers -- which we actually never are, so... comfortable enough -- and we think everyone will be justly rewarded for their efforts, then we'll release the prize shop. We definitely know it's a pain to wait, but we think that's better than being disappointed with your reward.
We don't have an estimate right now. We're really trying to finish up by next week, but we can't tell yet if that will happen.

LOL Yeah, you would think they'd learn from back then about being so slow on the prize distributions. :P

Even if different TNTers are there instead of those that were around with the olde wars. Knowing the history of things like that would be beneficial for making us users happy. ;)

Reading this week's editorial (Dummydumpty already posted it up there ^ ), it sounds a lot like they're more worried about people being disappointed with prizes - which means yes, they know the history of things that would be beneficial for making users happy, which means they've learned not to release prizes before they're happy with the results. Seems pretty logical to me - after all, which would you complain about for longer: a month for awesome prizes to be released, or crappy prizes after two weeks? There's really a lot more downside to releasing prizes nobody likes than there is for an extra few weeks wait.

. Seems pretty logical to me - after all, which would you complain about for longer: a month for awesome prizes to be released, or crappy prizes after two weeks? There's really a lot more downside to releasing prizes nobody likes than there is for an extra few weeks wait.

Actually I don't read it as making awesome or crappy prizes but more making it fair on how much effort you needed to put in to get decent prizes without being completely demoralising.

If one of the prizes is a really powerful weapon which only a handful of players had enough points to get you would hear a lot of moaning, same if that powerful weapon was so easy to get that it completely upsets the battledome economy/ balance ...remember how many people were wondering if HCC would get its stat changed due to it looking too got to be true?

It seems you guys have found some very entertaining ways to keep yourselves occupied while awaiting the war results and prize shop! It seems one player (erm, we mean the Thieves Guild) has taken it upon themselves to provide their own prizes!

PS: For those hoping for a real update, the prize shop will be open soon. Not Soon, but actually soon.

On their official Facebook, yesterday!

TNT's definitely up to something. I had the following at the top of my battledome page:

_gaq.push(["_trackEvent", "obelisk-war", "achievements-7-completed", "seekers"]); _gaq.push(["_trackEvent", "obelisk-war", "achievements-10-completed", "seekers"]); _gaq.push(["_trackEvent", "obelisk-war", "achievements-10-completed", "seekers"]); _gaq.push(["_trackEvent", "obelisk-war", "achievements-10-completed", "seekers"]); _gaq.push(["_trackEvent", "obelisk-war", "achievements-10-completed", "seekers"]);

There were 6 waves (each with 2 instant-reward achievements). I'm not sure how the 7-10-10-10-10 corresponds, since there are only 5 sets of values. But I might have missed out on 3 hidden achievements if there are 10 per set. Guess we'll find out soon.