Hi,

This is the first time I have posted here, so if this has already been discussed or I am in the wrong place, please forgive me.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the Counterfeit Doughnutfruits are going to be used for. I have punched all the decorative neggs and gotten all the prizes and Counterfeit Doughnutfruits. I still don't know what to do with them, so I've just been storing them in my SDB for now. Thanks!

Katedid :dance:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets Dailies' to 'Neopets Help'.

When you punch a negg, the window that awards the prize and the doughnutfruit says something along the lines of "What on earth can you do with this? Better hang onto it."

Makes me think we're going to be able to do something with them at the end. Perhaps trade them in for additional prizes or something.

Edit: I punched today's negg and this is the actual message

What does that counterfeit doughnutfruit do anyway! Hmm, you should probably hold on to it to find out.

It would be fun if there was some kind of game, but as NC is supposed to be a simple supplement, I think some kind of trade-in thing is the most involved it will get. At least we probably only have to wait a few more days to find out!

Honest Pete's ends on the 14th so maybe then we'll find out or the day after. I've only punched one negg so far and I might punch another one, but we'll see. I'm interested to see what they're going to do with these as well.

When you punch a negg, the window that awards the prize and the doughnutfruit says something along the lines of "What on earth can you do with this? Better hang onto it."

Makes me think we're going to be able to do something with them at the end. Perhaps trade them in for additional prizes or something.

This is what makes me wonder if they're going to have a further purpose too. I've been hanging onto mine just in case. Hopefully we'll find something out tonight or tomorrow.

So far, still nothing about the counterfeit doughnutfruits. Clearly, it was a scam. :)

Then again, there is the Obelisk prize shop coming. So not sure what will have to those doughnutfruits. It would be funny if they get confiscated.

"The Neopian authorities are cracking down on counterfeiting. Your 'doughnutfruits' have been confiscated, and you have been fined 500np for each one in your possession. Hey, at least it wasn't jail. How could such an honest shoyru have led you so wrong?"

......it's probably for the best that I'm not a member of TNT.... :evil:

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping the thread to see any news on what is going to happen with those fake doughnutfruits?

I wish we can at least have some kind of follow-up lore-wise to Pete's scam-hmm I mean scheme :shiftyeyes_anim:

I don't know anything new about it.

Other people have said it was just a scam by Pete. I think they are right. It's probabaly why we also got neocash items to go with the useless counterfeit doughnutfruit.