Unlearning What I Have Learned....

Frostfire Rockwind

I'm not sure if this belongs here in the Help section, or over in the Battledome section, but I'm sure a friendly mod will correct me if I'm wrong. :whistle:

Between Coltzan's Shrine, Deadly Dice, and apparently misreading one of the training articles in the Battlepedia, my Shoyru Pyrodrax is now just a couple levels too high to train at the Swashbuckling Academy. (Apparently, hit points can only go up to double your pet's level there, rather than triple. This is good to know.) Pyrodrax still has some Academy-level training to do, a little in Strength and Defence, and rather a lot still in Movement. (Yes, I know Movement is basically worthless, but I'm a completionist that way, and would prefer to have it up as high as his Strength and Defence scores.)

So here's what I need: 1) What is the most reliable way to lower a Neopet's level? In order to train with Cap'n Threelegs, Pyrodrax needs to be exactly level 40, which means I need him to lose two levels...no more, no less. 2) What is the most financially efficient way to increase a pet's Movement score? At 32, Movement is Pyrodrax's lowest stat by a lot, and I would like to correct that as much as possible, preferably without spending any more NP than I have to.

I've poked around the various Battlepedia articles, but so far haven't found what I'm looking for, so any and all input is appreciated. (As a sidenote: It would be really nice if it were possible to search the Battlepedia for a specific stat, say "Level" or "Movement", or even "Intelligence", and have it pull up everything that can impact that stat, both positively and negatively.)

There's only a couple ways of losing levels as far as I know (I've been trying to lose some myself too).

1. Deadly Dice with Count Von Roo (Only awake 0000-0059NST [12:00am-12:59amNST])

2. Using the lab ray. Thought many things can happen with the ray and it's uncertain you'll lose levels, but I've been lucky enough to get quite a few -2 levels, but then I usually get +2 levels the next day x_x

That's it for the level decreases as far as I know..

I can't help with the movement training suggestions sorry

I can't add much to the level decrease. I just checked TDN's guide on neggs since I know they have some effects, and Sneggs can increase agility and HP by up to 3 points. I don't think that would be exactly what you are looking for. The Air Faerie increases agility by two, if you are into fortune cookies and such. I do not think there are any potions that increase agility or decrease level, though...

Good luck! :)

If your HP is more than 2x 40, decreasing your level won't help; you'd be required to retrain level to 1/2 of HP before being allowed to train anything else. And there's no way to decrease HP. I don't think there are any ways to train movement that are cheaper than dubloons (except the occasional air faerie quest, but unless you have a cookie, it's hard to get FQs, and its random which faerie will give you a quest, even with a cookie, so it doesn't help you bring up movement alone).

You might have to pay a bit more for training to balance things out, but at least you're fairly early on, so it hopefully won't take too much time or NP. I can confirm that lab supplementing saves you considerable time and money on training; just keep things balanced (I rarely train HP; I only train it if everything else is very close to the next boost and HP is way behind), and stop zapping temporarily while you balance things if something threatens to bump you to the next training category before the other stats are ready. (Oh, and don't zap below level ~40, so your level won't go all the way back to 1).

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I was kinda afraid that Von Roo and the Lab Ray would be my only options. I rarely catch Von Roo anymore because he doesn't wake up until about 2am my time, and as for the Ray, well...would you believe after all these years I still haven't completed that map?

Fortunately, I don't have to worry about Pyrodrax's hp being too high. Right now, he's sitting at 79 (which is where I discovered it can only be double, not triple, his level). I was hoping not to have to use codestones to train him just yet, mostly because selling the ones I get is my primary source of income right now.

I'm a little surprised Movement isn't easier to increase. It seems to be a stat no one really cares about, so I was assuming there'd be a few items out there that could boost it and would be particularly cheap.