I need Battledome weapon advice.

So, I have pretty horrible battle items right now and I'd like for any of you guys to give me your opinion on what I should be purchasing. I'm looking for the best set I can get for a 400k budget, I don't really want to spend all that much. If I spend, say, 3 million, how much more beneficial will that be?

Prices still haven't stabilized since the war, so I recommend waiting to buy; you'll get more icons for your money once the inflation goes back down to ... whatever the new prices will be.

Sometimes training results in more stat increases for the same NP than upgrading weapons would (it depends on how close you are to various boosts -- this is especially true considering faerie abilities are so cheap now, but you need certain levels for them). It would be helpful if you told us what your battle pet's stats are, what weapons you already have, and how much you're training (how often, where, are you keeping things balanced, do you want a lab-type high-HP/medium-str/low-def, etc.).

Ok, of your very classy and amazingly dressed pets, I suspect that your battle pet is Level 65

Hit Points: 125 / 125

Strength: LEGENDARY (108)
Defence: AMAZING (85)
Movement: GREAT (35)

I'd be spending that money to train up to 125 strength for the next multiplier, and then rain my hit points on up to 130. At your level, there are 11 and 10 icon weapons, then Sophies Magic Hat or Royal Blue Cloak for defense. Greater Healing Scroll would help, not sure I'd suggest a freezer.

Did you really like Clan of the Cave Bear. I can't say that was one of my favorites, although I do see that it has a very strongly character female hero.

Sorry, I came back just now because I forgot to add all that extra information in! Classy pets, love it. :P

Yes I am currently training strength to get my next 125 boost. I'll get my HP up to 130 after that then, thank you! So do you suggest I buy each weapon/item you listed? I'm very unexperienced so I don't know what a freezer is.

Currently I have: Lost Desert Dagger, Leafy Shield, Double Pointed Spear, Meteor Bomb, Thermal Explosive Device, and the Lens Flare ability.

I read the first two books and I actually enjoyed them a lot. I wasn't enthusiastic enough to read all the others though.

Ah Lost Desert Dagger, those were the days. lol I remember when that was a weapon to both fear and envy. ;) Not so much anymore though.

For learning about some weapons, I would recommend our Basic Set guide.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/

The prices were taken during the war. (I don't think it's been updated since then) So they will most likely have changed since the war ended. But as has been said, prices have not stabalized yet. SO, you're probably better off focusing on your training for now, and then look into weapons later. But this guide will give you an idea as to what is available and what might be a good fit for you at your present level.

I hope this helps.

If I were to battle on a tight budget.......

I would want the most "bang for your buck" items around.

I'm a huge fan of the Scroll of Ultranova. You can get them for around 900np and they hit for about 10 icons. Talk about bang for your buck.

If you do the Festival of Neggs, the Ultimate Negg Hammer actually looks like a pretty decent. Alternatively, Parasol of Unfortunate Demise is a spectacular bang for the buck; it's a bit redundant with the above hammer.

You can't beat Lesser Healing Scroll for healing value.

Downsize! is one of the best valued items in the game.

(Thus far we've spent about 7 or 8 K np).

I would use the next 50k (or whatever it takes now) to get the lvl 50 Lens Flare faerie ability. A must have.

For bombs I would go with the muffins you win from fighting.

Not sure what else I would really go for. Maybe a leaf shield if you wanted a classic. Scarab ring for the same reason.

I wouldn't bother with a cheap freezer at your level; I would just save up and wait for one of the 100% freezers. The other big thing to save for would be the G-bomb.

Best

R

400k Budget:

Scroll of Knowledge x2 - 100k for both

Leaf Shield - 35k

Wanderers Cloak - 100k

Lesser Healing Scroll - 10k

Downsize! - 8k

15-icon muffin - 100 NP

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise - 10k

Lens Flare (Get Throw Pillows first then switch to Lens Flare for half price) - 30k

An Icicle - 4k

Shade - 2k

3.25-3.75 million Budget:

Rusty Pitchfork -750k

Ylanas Blaster or any 13-iconer - 1.2m

Greater Healing Scroll - 500k

Sophies Magic Hat - 350k

Wanderers Cloak - 100k or Leaf Shield - 50k

Randomly Firing Freezing Ray - 300k

Downsize! - 8k

15-icon Muffin -100 NP or Honey Potion (not recommended) - 500k

Scroll of Ultranova is not bad, but since it is highly fractional it does not do near 10 icons. Closer to 9. Scroll of the Fool is available for around 10k (Yes, I have one up for sale). For 2 player the highly blockable icons would be a disadvantage, but in 1 player dark is much more effective and air is always good.

Also, Scroll of Forgotten Promises is nice because random people just send you one for no reason at all.

I don't know if I should have wasted my last negg hunt choice on the ultimate negg hammer. While I didn't check for fractionals, it looks like five phy and three air. This is on the level of the throwing cutlass. I should have got the readable.

On battlepedia, Scroll of Ultranova is quoted at 9.8 icons. You subtracted one too many from the 11 it "appears" as.

Please ignore my previous comment about the Ultimate Negg Hammer. I read an early report that it blocks all light; it does not. Definitely not all that awesome (although not terrible for a free weapon...).

R

Per Scroll of Ultranova, you must remember that attack and defense are based upon integer math, while weapons are often fractional.

In the case of this scroll, you have three icons, 3.4 fire, 3.4 air and 3 light. Now at the 2.5 strength boast, that gives us a total of 8.5 fire, 8.5 air and 7.5 light. You now truncate your results, getting 8,8,7 for a total of 23 attack icons, or an effective weapon at her current level of training of 9.2.

Now, I am assuming that icons are truncated and not rounded.

Scroll of Ultranova is not bad, but since it is highly fractional it does not do near 10 icons. Closer to 9. Scroll of the Fool is available for around 10k (Yes, I have one up for sale). For 2 player the highly blockable icons would be a disadvantage, but in 1 player dark is much more effective and air is always good.

Also, Scroll of Forgotten Promises is nice because random people just send you one for no reason at all.

I don't know if I should have wasted my last negg hunt choice on the ultimate negg hammer. While I didn't check for fractionals, it looks like five phy and three air. This is on the level of the throwing cutlass. I should have got the readable.

I sold the negg hammer for 18k 5 hours after it was released.