Neopets Down For Maintenance Tomorrow Night (17th)

hrtbrk

I'm going to sit back and be very sceptical that it's going to reveal the prize shop, haha. Way I see it is, if I don't get my hopes up, I won't be disappointed.

.... but in reality I would love for the prize shop to open. PlzTNT.

I feel like with the new theme 'SOON' update it's all right to feel a little optimistic about an update on the war, at least. I think it's strange that the there would be a giant war over a mysterious object but no plotline to follow...

I definitely agree with tinyplasticdinos. There was a whole lot of pumping everyone up for the obelisk war. A whole lot of room for plot to be built surrounding the opening of the obelisk and what we end up finding inside. If there isn't something more to this than the battles, it will be really rather disappointing. At least for me. I want a prize shop as much as the next person, but just leaving the obelisk all open up surprise prize shop here seems like a waste of a great opportunity for puzzles and plot lines and adventure. Still hoping against all odds. I could be easily pacified with an avatar though. Just sayin'.

For some reason I do not see this to be related to the Obelisk War, yes I too am impatient, but I won't assume or have my hopes up that the maintenance has to do with the war prizes.

I definitely agree with tinyplasticdinos. There was a whole lot of pumping everyone up for the obelisk war. A whole lot of room for plot to be built surrounding the opening of the obelisk and what we end up finding inside. If there isn't something more to this than the battles, it will be really rather disappointing. At least for me. I want a prize shop as much as the next person, but just leaving the obelisk all open up surprise prize shop here seems like a waste of a great opportunity for puzzles and plot lines and adventure. Still hoping against all odds. I could be easily pacified with an avatar though. Just sayin'.

I'm really hoping for there to be a new species inside the obelisk that we have to fight (hey, why not, it'd be hilarious [to some] to watch people panicking and attempting to buy back the weapons they sold after the war ended) and after that is done, cake for all. :yum: It's not just the undead who enjoy cake!

I keep thinking I'm tired of waiting for the war update.

But the leaked prizes & now this are starting to make me hyped *hums*

I didn't fight all that much so if it continued (the plot), I'd take advantage of that and participate in everything at 100%. However, if it just ended and gave me an avatar, I'd be real happy with that too :P.

I was sleeping when this happened, so it wasn't a bother here. :) I think I'm going to take most peoples' advice and not get my hopes up that it had to do with anything too important.

p.s. I noticed on Neopet's news page that they have "April 18" listed with a warning that the site will go down for maintenance on April 17. Has the news always been a "day ahead" like this? I don't think I've ever bothered to look closely at the date before. :o

The news has always been on a day delay to accommodate all thirty-two timezones. I generally find that the news is posted around 7p ET...they probably post it last thing before they leave at 5p PT/NT.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact hrtbrk if you have any questions regarding this action.