Food lovers, unite!

carlyle

I recently decided that I would take gourmet eating seriously now rather than feed Nayarra cheap gourmet food for the lulz. This appeals to me because it's achievable (no gourmet food is retired), and it is relatively expensive (50mil left to eat for all the priced gourmet food on jellyneo). Now I have three goals - customizing pets, training pets, and this! Nayarra is now officially a lover of food, dance, and fighting! :D

How much would eating everything cost? Any gourmet veterans here with advice? Would it be wierd to feed Nayarra draik eggs? o_O

I didn't dare calculate the cost of feeding my pet gourmets to win her a badge, but I've kept feeding her gourmets even after the badge, and the damage isn't too bad because 1) there were less gourmets years ago when I got her the badge, therfore cost a lot more and 2) new releases and events are driving the price of gourmets down, so even if there are more gourmets required to get your pet the badge, it'll probably be a lot faster now.

If you're serious about getting the badge, the technique is to leave your pet at 'dying' and feed him/her every two hours (because their hunger will go up again after 2 hours) It's the most efficient/quickest way to get the badge - I'm sure your pet won't feel too bad for leaving them hungry, not if they're winning a trophy!

Not sure about the cost, though. Probably not 50mil though, since the buyable gourmets will most likely earn you a badge. If you have an SSW, it'll be great too, since some unbuyable gourmets are sometimes in the SW for under 100k :) And Byathi is my gourmet pet, for reference sake.

To answer your last question, I do find draik eggs eaten to be a little weird and creepy, but it's all to your taste! Good luck ^_^

I'm not sure how much it would all cost, but it's an expensive goal! Good luck! I don't have room in my budget for things like gourmet food club right now, maybe someday after all my goals are complete.

Currently, I couldn't imagine allowing my pet to eat a draik egg. :p I'm sure many people have done it though, especially those on the gourmet club high scores list.

Ahhhhh, good luck! I'm also attempting it (very casually though), but it is really expensive. Some gourmet food are actually retired, or were temporarily r90+, but changed after a while. The good thing is that some gourmet food are cheap because of the BD.

On JellyNeo, they have a category for gourmet food:

http://items.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=show_items&search=special&special=gourmet&numitems=100&sortby=price&start=400

I use S2 Book World as a checklist! The estimate value can give an idea of how much you're going to spend (it's not exact of course since value changes every now and then, and they have to manually update I think). Currently, mine says:

• Caithael has eaten 23 gourmet foods worth around 33,398 NP.
  • Caithael has not eaten 1188 gourmet foods.
  • You currently need 594 (est. 18,573,605 NP) Foods to reach the Honorary Trophy.
I joke that I'd feed her Draik eggs, but it'll be better to sell them to make NPs to buy more gourmet food.

Veteran!

Here are some advice from what i did to get mine. I think the number one reason that people don't do this is because of the waiting. Pets get full and some many events that can make your pet full (eating, healing spring, lonely blue grundo plushie) yet there is nothing to make your pet hungry. So always feed your pet before your dailies. I have made that mistake a lot.

There is no need to eat a draik egg at this point. I have 543 gourmet food eaten and I only reached 60 -70k foods. And now that I look again, I still have 20 food that cost under 1000 np so I don't think you would have to go to the unbuyables for honorable mention.

I can't do it anymore because my pet needs his stomach to eat those training neggs instead. That and I have the card and I don't rather other have a chance at it since I don't think I can upgrade it.

Yeah, feeding your pet draik eggs won't be necessary at this point, if you want a badge. I have fed my pet 700+ gourmets and I still have food available (though unbuyable from the SW) to feed her, without needing to feed her a draik egg. She's well over what you need to get a badge, so really, feeding pets draik eggs and chia pops are mostly reserved for those really, really high up the high scores table.

I didn't even know this was a thing.. Now this is another thing for me to collect.. Too bad the pet is always bloated ;x

So am I understanding this wrong or do you need to be in the top 17 to get a badge/trophy? If that's the case, I don't see how you could get on there without eating really expensive items :s