Snorkle Snout

phnee

I've been looking to buy a snorkle snout as Neoavatars says it costs approximately 180,000NP, however I can't find it in any auctions. Do I just have to keep looking? Or is there anywhere else to look?

I've actually just found it in a few trading posts but I've never used those before. How do you know what to offer? How often are the estimated costs on the Neoavatar pages updated?

You might want to check the shop wizard, too, since it's so close to buyable now. I won one off Test Your Strength and decided to use it myself. A lot of people win them off the wishing well, too (I've never won anything there, but others have much better luck).

If you want to trade, try offering a little lower than their asking price (and offer to the lowest asking prices on the TP) -- no more than ~10% off usually. Or if you don't care about getting a discount, offer exactly what they're asking (I've often gotten a discount even when people say "firm" in their price, which should mean they won't take any lower). Most people prefer pure NP unless otherwise stated. Also, order the trades by "most recent" and bid on the newer ones -- if you bid on an old one, check their user lookup to see the last time they were on Neopets (I hate it when I offer and then realize they haven't been on in over a week).

Also, some TP etiquette: give them time to respond -- at least an hour, though I personally prefer to give them at least 3 or 4, or until the end of the day (when I want my NP back to earn interest).

I also prefer to make an offer rather than NM one; it's just one less step, and as a seller, I prefer all my offers are in one place, so I try to extend the same courtesy. You'll need to include an item in your offer; just use a junk item and follow the instructions to add on the NP (which you'll need on hand -- they'll be held until the offer is accepted or you withdraw it, which you can't do for at least 15min.).

Thank you both for your help. I might try the Test Your Strength again - I've only got rubbish from it before.

So is 100k a good price now or should I be asking that on the item price check topic?

Well, you've already asked here :P And you can just keep looking at the TP - I've already checked with my SSW and there's none available on the Shop Wizard, so yeah, 100k seems like a fair price for it, considering what it was then.