How did you go about finding the perfect petpet for your pet? :)

~Xandria

Hi guys! I have my first permie out of the way. My beautiful plushie kacheek and now I would like to find the perfect petpet for her. :) I have no idea where to even begin because there are so many. I looked at some of the plushie petpets but they're kinda meh for some reason? Maybe it's just me. So, I guess I'm just kinda looking for general advice. When did you know that petpet was the "one" lol. xD

I basically made a list of things that I kind of wanted in a petpet. For me, I wanted the colours to match, and for Mneryth, my Alien Aisha, I wanted a spacy pet. I started looking from there. For each of my pets I made a list of every petpet that matched what I wanted at all- I put them all into paint, along with a picture of my pet, and started crossing them off from there. The colour wasn`t close enough, I just didn`t like it, cost more than I was willing to spend, etc. I narrowed it down, until I found petpets I really liked. I then asked TDN members what they thought, but I ended up going with my first choices. Mneryth has a Green Shocket, which is derpy and adorable, matches his colouring, and is a little rocket! Ansteigen has a beautiful Purple Dofrey, which is also derpy and adorable, has wings (though, with those antlers, I don`t know how it could fly) so it matches Ansteigen`s wings, and the colouring matches almost perfectly. In order to find them though,

I spent a LONG time looking. I went though almost all of the colours, just in case there was something that didn`t really match but would be perfect anyway. So be prepared to set aside some time!

If you have personalities for your pet, you can try to match that in there as well. :) Good luck!

As always Rebecca, you have the most perfect responses. :) Thank you so much. I'm such an indecisive person so I know it's going to take me awhile to find the perfect one. May I ask how you go about looking at the petpet aside your pet to see what it may look like on the petpage? Guess I haven't figured that out yet. Just looked over your two pets again and I think you made PERFECT choices. :)

Don't know if this is any help (since my attitude towards petpets is quite different), but here's my two cents:

Sometimes you just know. I've never cared that much about petpets, so I definitely didn't put in the time looking for one. But when I happened across the Geeky Geb I knew I had to have one. I even typed in the word "geek" in a Neopet item database to see what other options I had, and the Geeky Geb is literally the only thing that turned up, petpet or otherwise. I think he's adorable. :)

I zapped most of my petpets, and when I found one that matched, I stopped zapping. So my male Royalgirl Flotsam has a Maraquan Snowickle, and my (future) Island Mynci has an Island Candychan (and an attached Fleaf, because when I got it in a RE, it was too perfect). My now-pirate Ixi had a snow? gathow for a while, but when I painted her pirate, it really didn't fit that well. Then I searched for "pirate" items for my gallery and fell in love with the pirate poppit. And so when I won a pirate petpet paintbrush through a RE (years later), I decided to put it to good use instead of selling it.

I get overwhelmed by the pages and pages of petpets by color and species. To narrow it down, I'll try to search by color or petpet shop. Jellyneo has a list of all unpainted petpets, but some of the painted versions can look pretty different (just look at the regular poppit), so search by color, too. Have fun and just keep an eye out as you notice petpets, and you may just find the perfect match when you least suspect it.

As always Rebecca, you have the most perfect responses. :) Thank you so much. I'm such an indecisive person so I know it's going to take me awhile to find the perfect one. May I ask how you go about looking at the petpet aside your pet to see what it may look like on the petpage? Guess I haven't figured that out yet. Just looked over your two pets again and I think you made PERFECT choices. :)

I just made a file in MS Paint with the picture of my pet, and with the pictures of all the various petpets I was thinking about. I was able to get a really good idea of how they looked next to each other that way. :D

Just remember that you don't have to make a decision anytime soon. :) You can think on it for as long as you want- and they're not permanent. :D So you can switch out for a different one in a while if you find one you like better. I find that remembering that makes it easier- less like it's a once in a lifetime decision!

Awww, thank you! :D <3

I'm glad that my experience was helpful. :D I can't wait to see what you find for your pet. :D

I've never really picked out a petpet based on my pet, it's actually kind of the other way around for me.

I occasionally browse the Petpet Pool to look through different colours and species and I've come across certain petpets that I really like on their own and I know I want them as a permanent petpet, just like how there are certain pets I want. For example, I've known for a very long time that I wanted a White Weewoo. The first draik I hatched I knew would be the pet I wanted to give it to just because the White Weewoo was my favourite petpet and hatching my first draik was kind of a special moment to me.

So when I get a new permanent pet, I go through the list of petpets that I know I want and see which ones matches best. Usually it's based on colour or physical features, rarely is it based on the 'paintbrush'. Another example, when I got my white draik it was an easy decision of which petpet to attach. I've always really liked the original Ukali too and since they are very similar in appearance: white, dragon, red eyes, the pairing just jumped out at me.

The last petpet I know I want is a Faerie Peo, so I'm still deciding on the pet I want to give it to!

You have all been so helpful. :D Thank you for all the input. If I'm not mistaken though, once you attach a petpetpet to a petpet you can't unattach it... which would you mean you couldn't suddenly change your mind on a petpet if you had a P3 attached, right?

You have all been so helpful. :D Thank you for all the input. If I'm not mistaken though, once you attach a petpetpet to a petpet you can't unattach it... which would you mean you couldn't suddenly change your mind on a petpet if you had a P3 attached, right?

That much is true. But as long as you don't attach any P3s, and the petpet wasn't zapped, you can unattach it to your heart's content. So you can try out some combinations and see what you like. Once you're sure you like the petpet, then you can attach your P3. I had the Island Candychan for years before attaching the Fleaf. If I could find a P3 that suited the pirate poppit, I'd have no qualms about attaching it -- I'm so happy with the poppit, I won't be filled with regret even if I see another P3 that would look great with the pirate Ixi. I'm a little less sure about the Maraquan Snowickle, because delfins match Flotsams so well, but the colors really match with the snowickle, and I'm not so sure any of the delfins match the Royalgirl Flotsam quite so well. Besides, delfins might be a little too matchy-matchy for me.

So... my advice is: attach the petpet. Give it a week (or month) or two, see if it still makes you smile every time you see it with your pet. If so, then attach the P3, because you've already found the "perfect" petpet for you. When you've found the right combo, I think you'll just know. If there's nothing that makes you smile yet, wait for TNT to release more petpets and colors (and keep looking through the ones available).

I won a Kimbi from the Faerie Festival today; it looks like it's going to pounce, so I thought it would pair nicely with the Blumaroo on my side. But the colors don't really match well (it's a Bluemaroo, and I like the pun... but the Kimbi is blue-green -- the base blue is different enough for it to just not look right). Now I'm a little bummed because I like the petpet so much and have no pet to attach it to (I don't think it'll work for my future Maraquan Shoyru, either -- which now I realize I have no petpet in mind for it, yet).

For P3s, you can't just unequip them no. If you unattach your petpet, the P3 will just disappear entirely. So if you change your mind completely, you just have to be okay with losing the NP you spent on the p3.

As Siniri says though, there is nothing stopping you from waiting a looooong time to pick a P3- TNT may suddenly add one that is just perfect for you. :)

I have an Aisha and an obsession with all things feline. Naturally, she's been given an Angelpuss. Eventually, I want to give her a White Meowclops or a Ghost Kadoatie.

I just zapped most of mine with the petpet lab ray until I got something I really liked. I currently have an ice slorg with my ice bori and a gold doglefox with my maracite zafara (although he, the zafara, is going to get zapped again someday once my battle pet gets a cool pet/color combination).

• 1 month later...

My Aisha Tsukasa_Yuki will soon have a Snowbunny (if I can get one) because its an ongoing joke on her petpage and description. She is meant to be a tough cookie due to her previous life on the streets, but she has an obsession with Snowbunnies so I'm gonna get her one eventually. It will be called Iris

• 2 months later...

I knew it was the one as soon as I got it in the Advent Calendar. XD

Since I started with a Snow Yooyu called Bob letting repeatedly appear in one of my Neopets story series I always wished I had a Snow Yooyu for one of my Pets but of course these are way too expensive. And then I got a Christmas Yooyu - closest to Snow Yooyu I could ever get - in the Advent Calendar, named it Bob and gave it to my favourite Pet.