How did you choose to customize your shop?

More specifically, walk me through your process. Did you have something specific in mind when you set out, and just pick what was appropriate for that? Did you build your shop around the shopkeeper you like best?

For me, I figured that since my Aisha has an Ashlander name, I should stick with that theme. I gave my Dark Faerie shopkeeper a Dunmeri name, had her give a Dunmeri greeting, and called it a corner club. Once I learn how HTML and stuff work, I'll edit even more to make it look like something straight out of Morrowind.

I've been changing my shop to the seasons, and having "sales" for that season (priced lowest on the SW, but always the highest price I can get for those items during the calendar year because of the increased demand). So in December, I had a lot of winter/holiday/gift stuff that would be in high demand; for Valentines it was flowers, chocolates, cards, and Valentine stuff, etc. Right now my shop is "The Flowers of War," a spring/war shop. I don't code anything; I just use an appropriately-themed shopkeeper and shop blog, where I write what items are being restocked now (especially high-priced items). I prefer low-graphic, uncluttered, easy-to-read shops, so I provide the same. I'll change my greeting and shopkeeper name, often trying to make a pun, and sometimes the color of the message, but that's about it.

I kept my shop design EXTREMELY simple. I know that I get annoyed when I miss out on well priced items because of excessive graphics that take too long to load.

I use the ugly Emo Usul shopkeeper, and just kept a black/grey colour scheme.