What's your favorite color base for customizing?

I'm curious as to what colors you consider better for base colors, and what are you favorite neopet colors?

What sort of base or paint brush colors would you like to see come out?

Also what colors would you change on your favorite species?

-

For me, purple is my favorite base color, and my favorite neopet colors are purple/faerie/maractite.

I would love to see an animated space themed paint brush. With exploding novas and shooting stars.

However I think they should re-do the spotted paint brush for the usul. It's just horrible.

Edit: * I also love using christmas as a base color, a lot of the neopets have a really nice brown base color which is cheaper. :3

I don't do much customising, but Biscuit seems like a really nice base colour- a lovely light brown that goes with just about anything. :3 Christmas is usually nice as well- either brown or white, generally.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't do much customizing, but I have to say I'm regularly surprised about how nice a lot of Island pets look without their paint brush clothes. I think I would like to do some custom Island pets provided good items that compliment the color are available. Christmas and striped can also be nice depending on the pet, which is great because of how cheap they are.

• 4 weeks later...

I used brown on my Xweetok to make a sort of earthy-vibe on my customization but it really depends on my mood. I'm so irked that there STILL isn't a Shenkuu/Asian type brush yet! Aargh! I guess the brown is just easy to use though.

I usually go for simple colours, like the basic colours, White, Purple, Orange, and some PB wearable colours, such as Desert and Pirate. Ghost works perfectly for the more spooky-themed customisations (it fits my Acara oh so well). But I find more complicated colours, such as Darigan or patterned colours like Disco or Checkered more difficult. I can make Darigan work pretty nicely (my Aisha hides her eyes behind Yooyu glasses, she's not really as mischievous as her colour makes her look.) My main account Gelert is speckled, so he usually doesn't wear much in the way of green, as many green clothes don't look good on him

Species is something to take into consideration, too. I find it difficult to customize my Kougra (especially due to his personality, which I always keep intact with my pets' customisations) and hardly anything looks good on Koi. But with the way I depict them, it makes sense for them to just wear shells.

It's true that many customisations look better on bipedal pets.....but the thing is, my pets are really more virtual representations based off of my Neopian OCs. So I often don't find species to matter much, but I do have favourite species over others. Aishas and Xweetoks, especially.

• 1 month later...