NC Mall: New NC Upcycle Fortune Cookie

hrtbrk

Got a bunch of NC items laying around that you wish you could get rid of? Now's your chance! With this new fortune cookie you will be able to donate those items and exchange them for either Neocash, other NC Items, or Neopoints via a Money Tree!

The cookie will give you a specific amount of items you have to donate. You MUST have that number of items in order to make the exchange. The NC items you may obtain come in the form of the Money Tree Mystery capsule listed below.

This cookie lasts four days. Before purchasing, PLEASE read the FAQ.

mall_fc_trading.gif

175 NC

mall_mc_moneytree.gif

mall_fg_flowerpinwheel.gifmall_hh_3prestawand.gifmall_food_cupcaketree.gifmall_acc_flowerbeard.gif

Awesome. I have a ton of spammy neocash items I'd love to get rid of. I have no idea yet how many items you have to donate each time, but I bought five cookies because I have so many random NC prizes that I don't like.

I just don't know. On JN people are saying all sort of things about different advantages it has for NCers and NP hoarders etc. :/ it's kind of confusing but I don't think I'll be buying these any time soon.

Am I the only one weirded out by the fact that you can get NP prizes from this?

No, that is the first thing I thought of as well. It's just another way how real money is giving players an unfair advantage. The Lab Ray and especially the Faerie Quest Cookies already did this though.

I might get one of these tho, I do have some NC items around that I do not use. Good thing I did not discard them.

What kinds of NC items are available from this? Glad I now have something to get rid of all the junk NC items I have that nobody wants. Stupid games giving me junk instead of the items I want.....

Ugh, ...checked the FAQ and the rewards from the Money Tree are random. Which means I'll get junk from him. Not what I want.

so far we have noted you are asked between 2-4 items to donate DAILY, if you forget a day its like the other cookies, you lose that day.

you can get NC from this, so far we have reports of 25, 50, 75, 100 and 150NC

its releasing old NC card NP prizes, we are still compiling a list of the items being re-released through this. The cupcake is NC food (like smiley snacks) it bloats your pet and makes them happy, if you get the cupcake you seem to also get a NP prize

the 3 capsule LE items are the ones pictured above,

for more information on the capsule and the LE items you can refer here ^^

mall_mc_moneytree.gif

Money Tree Mystery Capsule

http://customize.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/itemdb/find/10568

mall_hh_3prestawand.gif

Trio of Stars Wand

http://customize.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/itemdb/find/10569

mall_acc_flowerbeard.gif

Flower Beard

http://customize.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/itemdb/find/10570

mall_fg_flowerpinwheel.gif

Flower Pinwheel Foreground

http://customize.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/itemdb/find/10571

the donated items are apparently turning up on the Money tree instead of being discarded, for Neopians who can't afford to buy NC, or anyone fast enough to grab them ^_^

This is a really groovy idea! I'm sure those people with a couple hundred "I <3 NC flags" will be thrilled with this. XD

I'm a tad bit concerned about the NP prizes, but it seems to be super random, and rare, and will likely not be an issue at all. :)

I think I am more skeptical about the fact that you need to pay NC.... to get rid of NC... Seems like something Honest Pete could have thought of... :sad01_anim:

If I put it a different way: you can pay to get rid of junks to get more junks :)

Of course, there is that NP items controversy once again.

I think I am more skeptical about the fact that you need to pay NC.... to get rid of NC... Seems like something Honest Pete could have thought of... :sad01_anim:

In most cases that I've seen, people will make back when they spent on the cookie - and more.

If I put it a different way: you can pay to get rid of junks to get more junks :)

Of course, there is that NP items controversy once again.

Not really- you`re paying NC to trade in items you don`t want for a chance at something you do want. If people just wanted to get rid of it, they could discard the items or something. :)

In most cases that I've seen, people will make back when they spent on the cookie - and more.

At the end of the day you are paying to get more NC... which are not redeemable as real money. So at the end of the day, it's just a NC discount....If this recycle was for free it would have been another story...

Of course, worried about those NP items...

At the end of the day you are paying to get more NC... which are not redeemable as real money. So at the end of the day, it's just a NC discount....If this recycle was for free it would have been another story...

Of course, worried about those NP items...

Yes, I understand that. I'm just saying that you're not really losing out on any money by having to purchase one. This is mostly for NC Fanatics, instead of the casual NC user, so this really benefits them.

Of course it would be nice if it was free but if anyone thinks TNT would be giving this away for free then I do not know what to say lol This is TNT after all

So.

I have a problem.

I was under the impression that it was daily. However, I'm unable to donate today. Is it every 24 hours, or is it daily? There is a difference--I opened it yesterday (7:00 PM NST) but it has not been 24 hours yet. Anyone know when I'll be able to donate again? Or is it a glitch?

I disagree with getting more junk... but i do like the fact that there is now an alternative to trading it. (Which is rather hard to do if you dont have any desireables) i bought one. I do feel like i may be recycling alot of items tho

So.

I have a problem.

I was under the impression that it was daily. However, I'm unable to donate today. Is it every 24 hours, or is it daily? There is a difference--I opened it yesterday (7:00 PM NST) but it has not been 24 hours yet. Anyone know when I'll be able to donate again? Or is it a glitch?

im having the same problem as her :/ It appears that maybe the fortune cookie is on a 24 hour timer rather than on a day day (NST) basis

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Yes, I'm pretty sure there is a 24 hour timer because I was able to donate again after 6pm NST whereas I couldn't any earlier today. I kinda like this because I've had some pretty worthless items from a long time ago when my NC expired.. so at least I'm getting something back for those things I never wanted in the first place.

Yesterday I received 25NC and today was 50NC.. I'm excited to see what I get tomorrow! I have one more cookie to open after my first four days up. Hope to get something desirable bc I've got a few items I'd like to trade for =] good luck to everyone else that decides to get one or more!

• 7 months later...

Thought I'd give this a try and only received 25 NC for donating 4 items so far. Kinda bummed but hoping for more.

Day 2: Money Tree Cupcake and Evil Genius Gummies. Grr...

Day 3: Money Tree Capsule. Inside it was a Rose Garden Background and a Flower Beard. :/

Day 4: Wonderclaw Widget? From it I got patchwork quilted wings and a flowered top?

NEVER AGAIN!

Thank you so much for giving me those lovely NC items. In return, you get the items below. Woohoo!

mall_food_cupcaketree.gif

Money Tree Cupcake

boo_usul_pink.gif

The Perfect Pink Fur

I had a little bit of NC from that thing at the beginning of the month, so I bought one just to see. I only have to donate two items each day for the 4 days, which is good b/c I never buy NC items. The book I got today is worth 80k on SSW, and I like the cute little cupcake, so it's a win win for me.