Weapon Sets Help

Well I'm not much of a battledome person, but due to the obelisk war happening I had to find some cheap weapons to try and stand a chance against the weak opponents..

Right now I'm using these items:

• Oversized Maractite Rune Sword
  • Snowager Sword
  • Greater Healing Scroll

And occasionally I use

• Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

That's about it. It works for me for the lower types of challenges, but I've been trying to get some BD avatars out of the way and I'm stuck at the black pteri.. I almost got him down to 0 in my first fight and now I can barely scratch him..

I bought a

• Golden Compass

Hoping it would help me out in future fights, but I haven't seen it do much for me..

I'm wondering if anyone could help me out real quick on some cheap alternatives as well as some not so cheap (nothing over the top, just something decently priced for what it does) items.Before I go spending NPs on items I don't really need or aren't worth the cost.. First question would be should I sell the golden compass back or keep..?

My pet stats are:

67 HP
55 Str
47 Def
15 Agil (not training)

I only have 1 ability as well

• Static Cling

I'm over level 25 so I do have some spots available, but I don't know which I should be using.

Any help is appreciated!

I posted this here as it deals with the BD and thought it would be a better suitable place than the help section..

If it's in the wrong place please move it :)

I would suggest getting Scroll of Knowledge for a new constant, which is about 50k, or Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer. Both of these items work very well for me. For your shield, I'd suggest Royal Blue Cape for 300k, or the much less expensive Parchment Cloak, which is at about 10-20k. Try getting Snowglobe Staff for a freezer if you want, it's at 120k or so right now. For abilities, try Sear.

For training, go to the Swashbuckling Academy. Up your defense to the 55 boost and max out your HP to 80, then train every other stat except movement until all stats are at 80 except level at 40, then move on to the Mystery Island Training School. (That is, if you're wanting to become a serious battler- your Nimmo has great potential to become a good battle pet. :))

I think that's about all the advice I can give you! Some other people will probably fill in the gaps for you. :P

I actually have a battle hammer equipped, but I was thinking using dual type items was more beneficial than using two offense or a 1offense/1defense split.

Maybe I should start thinking differently...

As far as training, I'm slowly training up, but I keep zapping the nimmo (which is supposed to be a xweetok, I'll have to morph it later) and in the last 3 days I've got +5 hp twice.. so I'm stuck just training level for now.

Not too sure on how freezers work if they would be beneficial for me or not so haven't really looked at those.

So my main question now is do I need to use 1offense/1defense while fighting then? As I've been looking at just dual-duties, I guess just trying to play it safe and maybe that's what is hurting me..

The dual-duty/constant-shield choice is a tough one. There are a lot of good dual duties for beginners, but less helpful ones once you get into higher battling levels. I started out using dual duties, but as I progressed, I stopped using those and starting using the constant-shield method. It's up to you; there are benefits and drawbacks to each.

If you're doing 1-P, though, you should definitely look at the Battlepedia's Challenger Guides to find out what weapons your opponent has. A lot of opponents, like the Space Faerie, tend to deal one type of icon, so you can make sure you're using shields or dual duties that defend that type. It looks like the Black Pteri deals a lot of air and dark icons, so you might want to get Gilded War Hammer or Parchment Cloak (if you meet the intel requirement). Shiny Shoal Shell Shield would give you some protection, too. Golden Compass does defend dark, so it's probably more useful to you than some other dual duties. If you can afford it, Hanso Charisma Charm would be a good upgrade, but it's a rather large investment. Your Parasol of Unfortunate Demise and Oversized Maractite Rune Sword aren't helping you much in defending against the Black Pteri, so stop using those. Either switch to more useful dual duties and shields or use stronger constants and not worry about defense.

Since you're level 25, you could get some more faerie abilities. Faeries are pretty cheap now that most people have the abilities they want. I suggest you invest in getting An Icicle, which is a level 25 ability. It gives you 6 water icons, and you can use it as many times as you'd like during battle. It's like an upgrade to Static Cling. Those extra 3 icons each turn could make a difference for you.

Freezing can be incredibly useful in the Battledome. When your opponent is frozen, they can't use weapons, which means they can't defend against your attack very well or cause you to take much damage. (In my experience, frozen opponents can still use faerie abilities, so it's not always a guarantee, but it does mean they can't use their weapons.) If you use a 100% freezer like H4000 Helmet or Scroll of Freezing, your opponent will be frozen on the following round, so you can hit them really hard with a constant and a bomb, since you don't need to use a shield. (Bombs are 1-use or once-per-battle weapons that are best to use when your opponent is frozen. They tend to have a high number of icons.) If you use a percentage freezer like Snowglobe Staff or Randomly Firing Freeze Ray, there is only a chance that your opponent will be frozen. You'll have to check the combat log to see. If they are frozen, you can use your killer combo, but if not, then you can try again.

There are some faerie abilities that mimic freezing, like Lens Flare and Warlocks Rage, where your opponent is actually frozen during the round you use it instead of during the following round like traditional freezers. However, you need to be at least Level 50 to use those, so you don't need to worry about it yet.

Speaking of bombs, you might benefit from picking up some 1-use 15-icon muffins like Robot Muffin. Shooting Star Muffin and Darigan Muffin are good options for the Black Pteri because he doesn't defend against water or dark very well, so you'll get at least 10 icons through.

Thanks for the reply lamppost. A lot to take from all that :p

For the hanso charm, is it worth the investment?

I only do 1-p bd & the black pteri is my aim right now, but once I get the avatar, I don't think I'll be battling it again anytime soon..

Thanks for the reply lamppost. A lot to take from all that :P

For the hanso charm, is it worth the investment?

I only do 1-p bd & the black pteri is my aim right now, but once I get the avatar, I don't think I'll be battling it again anytime soon..

In that case, probably not. It's a good weapon, but it's really for a more advanced battler. It would help you a little with the Meerca Henchmen, but there are other shields you could use instead. You could probably sell it afterward, though and get most of your investment back.

You should check out our Basic Weapon Sets guide at the Battlepedia. Pretty much all of the weapons there are good ones. Just try to round out your set. You can mix and match, too, picking some weapons from the beginner and others from the intermediate or advanced classes.

Most sets have 1-2 constants and/or dual duties, 1-2 shields, 1 freezer, 1 healer, 1 bomb, and Downsize!. Some people choose to use stealers, too, but I find them to be too unpredictable to be useful.

If you have any specific questions, just ask. :)