Roo Island Support Thread

Okay, we swept up all the desert sand last time, but remember, last time we had a repeat, we slipped a bit. Gather your brooms, Rooligans -- there's a lot of sand left to sweep!

I know we probably won't get to play Altador again, but rather than being demotivated, I've become inspired to strive for All Star. If we keep up the sweeps, TNT will have to acknowledge how broken the system is and make sure we get to battle for the Cup. If not TNT, at least other players will. Let's keep playing our hearts out and showing we're legitimate contenders!

Okay, we swept up all the desert sand last time, but remember, last time we had a repeat, we slipped a bit. Gather your brooms, Rooligans -- there's a lot of sand left to sweep!

I know we probably won't get to play Altador again, but rather than being demotivated, I've become inspired to strive for All Star. If we keep up the sweeps, TNT will have to acknowledge how broken the system is and make sure we get to battle for the Cup. If not TNT, at least other players will. Let's keep playing our hearts out and showing we're legitimate contenders!

I see TY, RI and AL in the podium. Hopefully we will take at least 2nd.

Does anyone else feel like Lilo Blumario has slowed down a hair this year? Lilo has been my go-to ball handler because s/he's fast and rarely gets stripped of the ball, but this year it seems like s/he gets stripped more often than not, even early on. In the past, more than half of my goals have been by Lilo. Now, until my most recent game where s/he served as forward the whole time, s/he didn't even have the most goals (that honor was held by Jair Tollet). Even now, Jair Tollet is in a very close second:

Goals Scored 424

Goals by Lilo Blumario 137

Goals by Jair Tollet 123

Goals by Fenny Vail 87

Goals by "Squeaky" Tressif 77

Saves by Clutch Billaban 109 (really? because unless I can hit 'v' in time, he *never* saves *anything*, even if it's thrown right to him!)

Number of Wins 58

Perhaps the Blumaroo veteran will be retiring soon. I hope not, s/he's my favorite player.

Does anyone else feel like Lilo Blumario has slowed down a hair this year? Lilo has been my go-to ball handler because s/he's fast and rarely gets stripped of the ball, but this year it seems like s/he gets stripped more often than not, even early on. In the past, more than half of my goals have been by Lilo. Now, until my most recent game where s/he served as forward the whole time, s/he didn't even have the most goals (that honor was held by Jair Tollet). Even now, Jair Tollet is in a very close second:

Goals Scored 424

Goals by Lilo Blumario 137

Goals by Jair Tollet 123

Goals by Fenny Vail 87

Goals by "Squeaky" Tressif 77

Saves by Clutch Billaban 109 (really? because unless I can hit 'v' in time, he *never* saves *anything*, even if it's thrown right to him!)

Number of Wins 58

Perhaps the Blumaroo veteran will be retiring soon. I hope not, s/he's my favorite player.

Its because in 2 on 2 format, Jair is front and 3 on 1 its usually Jair.

Except that I always play 1 on 3 format... I don't know, Lilo just doesn't feel the same as prior years, but this last game felt better, so maybe I just wasn't in the swing of things yet.

Lilo is still my top player with over 775 goals, although I haven't really played often in previous cups to know if hes changed or not.

I played over 200 (SoSd-equivalents) games this morning. I've got some homework due at midnight, but I hope to finish that soon so I can get some playtime in. Shooting for 1200 SoSd-Eq's today to make up for the 400 I was shy yesterday, though I may not get all of that done. I've been trying to put more time in SS and MSN lately, though my YYB/SoSd is my go-to fast-scoring combo.

I played over 200 (SoSd-equivalents) games this morning. I've got some homework due at midnight, but I hope to finish that soon so I can get some playtime in. Shooting for 1200 SoSd-Eq's today to make up for the 400 I was shy yesterday, though I may not get all of that done. I've been trying to put more time in SS and MSN lately, though my YYB/SoSd is my go-to fast-scoring combo.

What rank are you guys? I'm 5 right now. Shooting for all-star.

What rank are you guys? I'm 5 right now. Shooting for all-star.

I just hit 6 this afternoon. Taking a break until some time tonight and then I'll go for 7.

About 157 shy of rank 8, right now. Still 757 SoSd's away from my goal for today (which will put me 200 shy of rank 9), but that means I've already played over 400 SoSd equivalents today -- and I'm done with SS and MSN for the day, so the rest should be fast. But my AC "break" is over -- back to homework for the next half hour.

About 157 shy of rank 8, right now. Still 757 SoSd's away from my goal for today (which will put me 200 shy of rank 9), but that means I've already played over 400 SoSd equivalents today -- and I'm done with SS and MSN for the day, so the rest should be fast. But my AC "break" is over -- back to homework for the next half hour.

i was dwelling at 4 for a while, got to 5 today and almost at 6.

Just got to Rank 10. Played a little extra today just so I could reach it. Probably won't hit the next rank for another two days, unless we face Altador... That'll give me motivation to play more for the day ;)

Taking a short break before striving towards my goal. I've got 315 left, which is about 6 YYB games (playing SoSd while the clock runs down).

ETA: ... and done! 193 SoSd games away from rank 9. It was actually only 5 YYB games. Not too shabby!

Edited by siniri

Nice job guys on another sweep! Today's TM looks like. We need to get our YYB scores since TM is getting nuts in YYB. Last two games they have gotten 9s! Very interesting.

Once again we don't even get to contend with Altador for first in our bracket. *sigh* We'd better be in the same bracket as DC next time (and NOT in Altador's or Tyrannia's -- come on!). And I hope the brackets start reflecting that round's results soon -- HW still deserves to be above Meridell, since they have a better record for the round.

Thanks for the info on TM. That's a huge score -- much higher than we've ever gotten! This will be a very tough team to sweep. I guess I'll play some extra YYB while doing my dailies and such -- it's easy enough to play mostly in the background.

Does anyone know exactly how the team scoring works? Do they pit actual scores vs. one another (like in the World Challenge for Flash games)? Or does it only depend on sheer number of games per active player? Just wondering whether I should try for fewer "high-goal" YYB games, more "low-goal" YYB games, or a mix. (For my first 3 games, at least, I'm going for high score -- just sent a 12-0.)

I don't want to inadvertently hurt the team when I'm trying to help, with my usual strategy of "as many as possible" (which means multi-tasking, getting worse scores in each individual game).

Not really sure how the scoring system works, but my guess is that it depends on both actual scores and number of games. Just not sure how it is weighted. I have a feeling that fewer high scoring games might actually end up paying off better. I could be completely wrong though.