Roo Island Support Thread

Ughggghhhhh. Meridell does not deserve 3rd place -- I think technically HW should have won that bracket, because the most they ever did was draw (with KL), and they defeated Meridell outright. And now Meridell's in a relatively easy bracket (if we were in that bracket, we'd get first, no problem -- though here's hoping Terror Mountain and/or Maraqua crush them), so they're going to "cement" their third place. Meanwhile, KI and RI are both screwed with guaranteed-only-can-get-2nd-place-max again. Assuming we can -- we've got another 2nd place team, two 3rd place teams, and a 4th place team to round out the bracket, sheesh! But assuming we survive bracket 3 intact, we'd better get to either face Altador or get out from under their thumb for bracket 4.

Well, not much we can do about any of the above. Today we've got HW, and let's not forget what they did to Meridell last round. We've got to bring it, in every single game.

[ES, I posted some YYB scores to the Neoboards that day (never having posted scores before), but I played twice as much SS as usual. I don't think looking at scores posted is really that accurate, because the thread I posted in was only being used for YYB scores. The only thing I played less of than usual was SoSd.]

That's why I put the changes in percent. I wanted to see the relative change of focuses. Because its not like 100 people will post their scores yesterday then 700 will post today.

But... I only posted my scores on that one day, actually, to help motivate me to play extra YYB. And I only posted YYB scores because that was the game we were most afraid of. Which is why there were dedicated threads *just* for YYB on that day. But as you can see, my own percentage changes were not anywhere close to the changes you posted from the Neoboards -- I didn't play less SS; I actually doubled my playing. (Talking to several friends, we independently did the same thing, too, so I think a lot of those extra YYB scores might have been from people who don't normally post. I do think the decrease in other scores was probably telling, though, since I don't know why people would suddenly stop posting scores.)

Anyway, at least we did better than Meridell against HW. I knew they'd be tough. And the 2 games we lost were really close (vs. the two we won). Today's another toughy -- DC beat KI last time, so we really need to bring it to hold onto 2nd in our bracket. Looking at their scores, their highest scores in YYB and MSN are the same as RI's, and their SS and SoSd are only 1 behind where ours have been lately. It's going to be close, in every single game! I'm going to try to play 25% more in everything. We'll see how it goes.

Finished SS (20) and MSN (40). I'll be playing YYB + SoSd (in tandem) for the rest of my 400 points to goal today, and then we'll see how much extra I feel like doing. Going to be working on real life study for 30 minutes, then take a 15 min. AC break, until bedtime.

ETA: Put in an extra 35.5% total, probably relatively balanced across the various games. Phew. Hope it's enough.

OOOHH you guy's have to face Altador Today. DID you notice that Brightvale broke the sweeping streak yesterday! I think you guy's might win 2 or 3 games, if you get SUPER lucky then maybe you guy's will sweep them!

Altador today everyone! I am focusing on maxing SOSD. Then I'll be playing all the other games. Sucks I have work in the morning but I will be playing all night tomorrow. Just played a bit tonight but I have to sleep. Good luck, Roos! I don't want to see all red tomorrow!

Yes, that's what the Neoboards said, SoSd and YYB. I'm a bit worried that since they allegedly have cheating groups, they'll put up huge numbers easily no matter what we do. Of course their legitimate players are going to, too, because we're their biggest threat, but let's prove that we can overcome them even with cheaters! Time to start playing. I'll see what I can do.

ETA: Took some time to play during breakfast and lunch. Already finished 15 (of 15!) SS, 30 (of 40) MSN, 23 (of ~50) YYB, and 174 (of 1200?) SoSd. It's a good start, at least. 570/800 of my usual goal (though I'm hoping to double that). Once I'm just playing YYB and SoSd, it should go a lot faster.

Good luck to your game today!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Real life has been super busy these past couple of days, but because we're facing Altador today, I decided to squeeze in 1000 games of SOSD, 50 games of MSN, 12 games of SS and 10 games of YYB. Wanted to max out on SOSD, but I am exhausted. I'm calling it a night.

Great job, jcpet! I'm calling it a night, too. I reached my exhausting goal today (and then some, for YYB): 1201 SoSd (literally couldn't do more to help the team), 15 SS, 40 MSN, and 68 YYB. 2147 SoSd equivalents (my goal is 800 per day, so that's nearly 3 times as many as usual). I'm really hoping tomorrow is... Brightvale? I guess? Not Kreludor.

ETA: I ended up not being able to sleep, so I peeked. Altador put up its biggest numbers of the tournament in all the games -- we really worried them. And we took SoSd! Woohoo!

The Alabriss bracket ranking isn't budging; there's no way Meridell should still be ranked top there. They lost to KL! Terror Mountain should be first there. I don't want to count on that inertia to protect us from slipping, though -- BV has suddenly gained steam the last couple of days. They're going to be tough to beat. Not as tough as Altador, of course -- I'm going to go back to my "usual" level of play tomorrow. Hope it's enough.

Edited by siniri

Woohoo! I wish we had taken one of the other games, too, but Altador brought it as much as we did, putting up their biggest numbers of the season. And look at that SoSd score!

I'm going to try to play as much as I can. I tried to spy on the BV neoboards to see if I could determine what they're focusing on (I suspect they'll treat us like Altador and focus on only 1 or 2 games, going for a partial victory), but they're keeping silent so far.

ETA 6/16: Where'd everyone else go? I ended up having no time to play yesterday. I needed a bit of a mental break, anyway, and I remember reading in an editorial years ago that those who don't play don't hurt a team, while barely playing does, and since it was already past bedtime when I finished my homework, I figured it was better to just not play at all. Glad RI managed the sweep without me.

Today's match could be tricky. The Moons have given a lot of teams upsets. I think we're most vulnerable in SS and MSN (our weakest, their strongest), but we can't slack in YYB or SoSd, either. At least tomorrow should be a bye.

Edited by siniri

Yes, we need to focus on both Slushie Slinger and MSN, but not slack on YYB or SoSd. Basically, play all the games, for the fifth day in a row. It was a tough bracket, but it's just a warm-up for the next one: AL, TY, Meridell, and KI. With KL, who's been doing better lately, as a bit of a break. Unless we get stuck playing one of the powerhouses twice.

Yes, we need to focus on both Slushie Slinger and MSN, but not slack on YYB or SoSd. Basically, play all the games, for the fifth day in a row. It was a tough bracket, but it's just a warm-up for the next one: AL, TY, Meridell, and KI. With KL, who's been doing better lately, as a bit of a break. Unless we get stuck playing one of the powerhouses twice.

Wait what? We are in that bracket? :sick02: I wanna be with MD, KI, DC, TM, and HW.

Yeah, I suspect the fifth bracket will be determined by... current rankings? darts? Who knows? I don't think they'd have any repeats until the end, but of course I don't have internal access to TNT. We'll just have to wait and see.

Phew. The bracket rankings are actually what I thought they should be, though here's to hoping that somehow the Alabriss bracket rankings change by the end of the round (for once... if that's even possible).

Looking at KI's record, we can definitely take them in YYB and SoSd if we give it our all. We share the same highest scores in SS and MSN (both 7), so those aren't 100% out of reach, either. We just need to play all the games, probably focusing on our strengths if you have to choose.

Didn't you say just a couple days ago that there was no way we could sweep KI? :P (Or was that someone else?)

I think we can do it, but the Pirates are putting up a fierce fight. I sent 22 scores averaging over 675 in SS and 57 scores averaging over 5500 in MSN. Now I'm working on YYB and SoSd, trying to send full games in SoSd rather than single-goal games (still using single-goal ones to kill the wasted time in YYB, though), and sending as high scores as I can in YYB (vs. getting enough of a lead and then playing a bunch of SoSd while time winds down, checking in occasionally). It's slower going, but I know I'm helping the team more.

EDIT: I stayed up playing until nearly midnight NST because of glitches, but I was determined to max on SoSd. And I did. And then I looked at the results. We swept them! We've now proven we deserve 3rd place.

Edited by siniri