Which team are you going to join for the 4th round?

Clumsy rockyroad1

Your 4th Round team choice  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What team will you join on the 4th round?

I've gone for Brutes because they seemed the most popular on the Neoboards and I haven't yet received a team specific avatar.

The polls a good idea - I was going to say I wish I'd seen that first, but so far it confirms my choice!

I'm honestly going to go with whichever one is going to win. I just don't know which one that is yet...

It's nice not to have the moral dilemma of "Loyalty or avatar?" this round :P

Looks like the Brutes are the popular choice this round...on the BattleDome chat, at that, which makes it sound a little more promising. I'm still going to wait a day or two before I actually choose. I reeeally want to stop being behind in my avatar count.

I joined The Sway (although I'll admit to being torn between them and The Awakened). I let the current book I'm reading decide for me :P I'm usually reading either horror - which would've meant The Awakened - or detective novels; which meant either The Sway or The Seekers and since the Seekers weren't an option... ^o^

Anoyingly I forgot to check the boards before I chose. I went with the Awakened but because the boards are going crazy about the Brutes already its making people pick them instead. So I now think they have a better chance of winning T_T

Eceryone pick the Awakened so we can beat the brutes and show them whos boss!

Edited by Sakeru_Kyori

I'm still waiting, but I'm leaning heavily towards the Brute Squad. Because 1) "I'm on the Brute Squad." "You are the Brute Squad." 2) It has a very benevolent purpose. 3) I don't like snobs or child zombies. 4) I want an avatar, site theme, and boon.

Reason 4 takes precedence, so I'm waiting to be more sure, but so far it seems to align with reasons 1-3.

How are the brutes getting so many members ? They seemed so un popular long time ago....

I'm thinking exactly this. Hopefully the Awakened will come out ahead. I'd like to get as many avatars as possible out of this war.

I am likely going with the Brutes. They were my second choice during the original signups (though wow, am I ever glad I went with the Sway!), and I really want to battle with them now. :D They do seem the most popular on the boards, but if there is a massive rush towards the Awakened, I will go with them.

Since the popular choice is the Brutes, I think I'll just side with them. I haven't gotten a single site theme & avatar yet (yup, I was super loyal to the Seekers), and the popular teams seem to end up being the winning team... so yeah.

How are the brutes getting so many members ? They seemed so un popular long time ago....

Because people are planning on all joining the same team so everyone gets the avatar.

After the first skirmish, they decided they would be BRUTES second, and then the AWAKENED for the third round. However, TNT pulled a funny and didn't put Brutes OR Awkakened in the second skirmish.

So now most people are still sticking with the plan of having a one giant team of Brutes first, then going with the Awakened next round.

Both AvChat and Battledome boards have the majority joining Brutes. I saw some polls on the boards and they were mostly like this (people posted saying which team they joined):

Brutes: 248

Sway: 4

Awakened: 13

I'm thinking exactly this. Hopefully the Awakened will come out ahead. I'd like to get as many avatars as possible out of this war.

The war is over :P This is going to be a "feature" in the battledome for the foreseeable future. If you don't win this time, you should have many, many chances at winning with that faction again :)

Besides, I think some teams, such as the Sway and the Awakened, are more polarizing than others (the Seekers, too, for that matter) -- you either like them or you don't. The Brute Squad has the Princess Bride reference, which is all kinds of awesome, especially to those of us who grew up with that movie as one of their favorites, plus it has its altruistic goal (according to the Neopedia -- which could earn respect from peace-loving Neopians), plus it appeals to warriors (as does this skirmishing). Even if it wasn't most people's first (or second) choices, many are on their 3rd or 4th choices by now. The Brute Squad was definitely in my top 4 (I'm not very good at picking favorites).

While many were drawn to the Sway, many were turned off by its perceived snobbery and classism. And many were turned off by the childishness of the Awakened -- it's sort of like Faerieland; a lot of people love it, but a pretty large number are also kind of anti-faerie. There's not a lot for the Awakened to appeal to besides "WOW - Zombies!," so for non-zombie fans (especially those sick of cake jokes thanks to Portal)... there's not a lot for the Awakened to offer.

But that's the awesome thing about Neopets -- TNT offers lots of different lands (and now factions) to appeal to all kinds of people. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the Sway or the Awakened. If you like them, that's great!

Go Brutes Squad!

Yes, totally following the majority here ;)

I don't want to go with Brutes because I want an Awakened avatar and site theme instead. But I also don't want to miss out on another avatar, so I guess I have to go with the most popular group. *Reluctantly* "Go Brutes...!" <_<