Age of players on neopets?

AJ11

seems most people are in their 20's here then, still looking to see if anyone is as old as I am ... I might confess later just how old that is lol

Haven't had time to read everyone's posts but I was 39 last month - I obviously didn't play as a kid, I found it the year my son was born and it kept me busy while he was having those looooooooong lunchtime naps whilst I was on maternity leave!

I don't go on the boards much, because I notice the age gap more there, but I use the TDN resources a lot, even when I don't post, but I'm trying to get back to posting ways, after a crazy "moving house" kind of a year :)

I'm 23. Like most everyone else, I started playing in middle school and recently came back on.

I think most of the actual players are in the demographic of the site (like 10-14 maybe). But they just don't have millions of NP and loads of rare items to trade and super unique pets, so we don't really see them a lot. When I first got on, I never did most of the things I do now -- I never traded or trained my pet, never collected avatars, etc... I just thought the games were fun :)

I'm 21 now, been playing since I was.. 8ish, I guess? At least according to my account age.

I took a looooot of time off though, and missed basically every single plot that gave avatars/trophies (they didn't exist for the plots I did do ages ago! ...murder ski lodge, etc).. so that kind of sucks. :(

I feel like the majority of people on here grew up with Neopets, like started when they were really young and are now at least 18. But I don't remember how old I was when I first started. 14 or 15? I'm 17 now. :o

• 2 years later...

26 here. doesn't seem like there are that many new members on anymore. 

any of yall introduce neopets to your kids yet?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a shame the OP didn't add a poll to this thread, it's always fun to see the wide age range on a forum. Interesting, and honestly rather saddening, to see that the players classing themselves as "mature" are in general reluctant to say their age. I started playing Neopets when I'd just turned 31, I'm 45 next month, if some person's going to judge me in a mean way about that...well, that's their problem not mine. :)

It's interesting to see how many are in the same age range.  I, too, grew up with Neopets and am attached to it now.  As others have said, some games were much more difficult at a young age.  I remember playing Turmac Roll over and over again due to its simplicity.  It's pretty neat seeing how many of us are still playing years later in addition to some younger and even more mature accounts.

I am curious if there is a different population on TDN, too, if the majority is aged accounts.

• 2 weeks later...

I started my first account when I was 7! I'm 19 years old now... I wish I could remember that account. >.<

I'm 24 years old, and I began playing when I was 9. D:

With breaks, but I was such a wee little thing.

Do we know each other? My original name is Bluediamondangel27

I'm just asking because we're the same age & I too started when I was 9.

I remember how cool I thought it was to be talking & playing games with college kids.

Look at us now, how neo has changed

I find this so fascinating - I'd love to see stats on player ages (although I'm sure most of put in fake birthdays when we created accounts because 'zomg don't give away personal information' and stuff like that). Would be fascinating to see if the player base is kids/tweens, or mostly older players who have been playing for longer.

For what it's worth, I started back in 2002 with my very first account, when I was 13, and now I'm almost 27 years old. So weird to think about the fact I've been playing Neopets (well, on and off) for alf my life!

• 3 weeks later...

Just joined TDN today. Been a lurker for years. I'm 37, started playing in aught-five when I was 26. Always been huge into the battledome which was one of the main reasons I joined. 11 years now with hiatuses on and off. This is probably one of the few things from my twenties that's still around for me. It feels both warm and melancholy, honestly.

I'm another one of the older players.  I'm 44 and I've been playing for about 11 years, with a couple of long hiatuses.  My son came home from primary school talking about it and asking if he could join (he was about 8, I think) and I thought the games looked pretty fun (I loved Ice Cream Machine back then), so he got an account and I got an account.  My SIL was living with us at the time and she joined up, and I talked my husband into getting an account too.  At that stage, my daughter was just a baby.  I got a second account for some reason that I don't remember and later closed my original account, so the one I have now is 10 1/2 years old.  3 years ago my daughter came home from school talking about neopets and wanting to make an account, so she joined up and I resurrected my account, but my son, husband, and SIL no longer play.

I'm 24 and have been playing regularly for about 7 years now. My account is 12 years old. Friends of mine in Junior High got me into it and I'd play at lunch when we went to the computer lab or when we got the chance to go to the library. I didn't have a computer at home at the time.

I find the site to be a distraction from all of life's hurdles and also a good tool for procrastinating, which is something I tend to do quite often. My husband quite often makes fun of me for being on a "kids" site and also being a staff member here. I tell him I don't bug him about what he does online so he can leave me alone and at least I'm doing something somewhat constructive and working towards goals whereas he is just surfing the web seeing what he can find.

My 5 year old is showing an interest and thinks my pets are cute! One of these days I may let her help me dress up my girls. My other daughter is only 2.5 and could care less right now as long as she can sit with me she's happy.

I'm 26 now, almost 27.  :laughingsmiley:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm 35, been playing since I was 21 - with a lot of long breaks in between. A friend at work introduced me and I thought it was so cute when I joined (still do) - used to really be into the guilds and had a top "position" in a tennis guild at some point. Nobody really knows I play but I'm sure I would get a fairly mixed reaction. Though I behave like I'm 15, so they probably wouldn't be surprised.