Guest NeopianPrincess

Guest NeopianPrincess

Hi, so I was just wondering about the case sensitive name thing.

So I know that two pets can't be named the same and names are case sensitive, so if you don't capitalize, the name wont be capitalized. This would in theory, mean that two random pets could both be named for example: Pumpkin, however one would be named pumpkin and the other Pumpkin.

Now this all makes sense and there are even naming guides that mention this capitalization tip, however when I search for names, I have never ONCE found a single name twice with two different capitalizations. I am wondering if these guides that mention this little trick might just be outdated or if this trick really exists.

So I guess my question is; can two pets be named the same, but capitalized differently?

I would try to create one myself, however I don't have any free slots at the moment, so I hope somebody has tried it or is willing to try it, because I would absolutely love to know and I am sure others would too. :)

I think it's worth noting that names are still definitely case sensitive in that your pet will retain the capitalization that you entered upon creation. If your pet's name is Foo, it will always appear as "Foo" with that capitalization. Any pet that I've made with a a capital letter follows this rule. Neopets, however, does consider any variation of that pet's name taken regardless of differences in capitalization. Because "Foo" is taken, "foo", "fOo", "FoO", and any other variation is also considered taken by your pet.

Guest NeopianPrincess

Thanks so much, I had read several guides, that said you could do that, but it just never seemed to add up.