NC Mall: Petpets Coming Soon?

hrtbrk

A user on the neoboards posted saying that their petpet had been zapped into a new species they had never seen before. After looking at the url of the image, they discovered "mall" in the name, signifying that it is a neocash item.

Could we be seeing petpets making their way into the mall soon or is this an undiscovered species?

mall_sc_quasar.gif

Nebularis

newncpetpet.png

They better not have NC only petpets. I'm pretty sure there would be riots. That said, it does look quite awesome.

Oh my gosh, it's a cutie. :D

I don't quite see the problem with NC only petpets. Like NC clothing, it wouldn't be able to be sold for NP. It would probably have a disadvantage, since NC items are removed from pets before they are traded, so the petpet would probably be removed. The only issue that I can see coming up would be for the PPL. But even then, having an occasional award given out for a NC petpet- which is STILL dependant on someone getting it first (finally an actual use for Future Fashions?). I don't know! I think it could be interesting.

Oooo! It's very cool looking.

Like Rebecca said, I don't really see any unfair advantages to NC petpets, so this doesn't bother me, other than the fact that I'll have to start saving more NC for petpets, because I'll want them for my gallery.

I don't have an issue with NC petpets (perhaps they shouldn't be eligible for PPL, though) or NC paintbrushes (though how would that work if you wanted to transfer?). NC BD weapons would be a step too far, in my opinion, as would any NC-dependent avatars or stamps (but look for these soon).

as would any NC-dependent avatars or stamps (but look for these soon).

I doubt it. There have been two avatars released that rely on real money, and both don't count towards your avatar count: The Premium one, and the NC Goggles. TNT is all too aware of how angry that would make people, and they won't risk it. If there were NC stamps, they would have their own page and count outside of the stamp album.

I really don't see how NC petpets are even an issue. If you can't trade them for NP, which you most certainly won't be able to, then they are just another NC item. Plus, the range of NP petpets is staggering, people can hardly complain there are no petpets for NP. It's kind of a smart move on TNT's side - one more thing they can sell, but that won't actually really impact the whole of Neopia, good one.

Initially I was annoyed that there would be NC petpets, but after reading through the comments most of my outrage has been subdued. I guess it really isn't that big a deal. They've already made NC versions of so much stuff that I shouldn't really be surprised that petpets were next. I still have concerns about what this will mean for the PPL, not that I've ever had much of a chance at it anyways :P

I wonder if this means NC petpets will have movement on petlookups, like lots of the NC wearables do?

NC petpets now? Huh, I wonder what's next. I'm not too upset over the idea, since there are plenty of NC wearables. However, I would think an NC petpet would be ineligable for the PPL. Not sure if it'd be able to get painted or zapped either, but who knows? It's a pretty petpet though. :)