Brackets are So Unfair

Right! Meridell is living the life of luxury going against easy teams (doing bad against them too) while Roo Island always has to face hard teams such as Altador which always gets first and they faced Terror Mountain at it's best! So Roo Island is always in second! Same thing with us (Krawk Island) we have to deal with a Tyrannia with [Removed] and we had DC, and KD to worry about and through all of that we have gotten in second only to Tyrannia! This is not just! :grrr:

At least KI has gotten to battle head-to-head with Tyrannia. We haven't even gotten a chance against Altador, But holy cow, this third round is certainly a test for us, even if we don't face Altador. Another row 2 team, two row 3 teams, and a row 4 team. It's only fair we get to face them; KI and Tyrannia already have. Maybe one of them can take down Altador for us, and if we get to finally face Altador... just maybe we can eke out a victory. I refuse to give up hope. I want to prove we deserve at least our 4th place, and try for better.

Meanwhile, I think both Meridell and KI got away with a bit last round -- both could have easily gone down one rank, had the bracket rankings been based just on win-loss, with actual scores only being used as a tiebreaker (how it is in just about every real sport). But hey, this isn't a real sport, and it's pretty clear how TNT decides these things*, so teams should try to crush their opponent every single day. That being said, given the current brackets (and the last one), I've got to root for Maraqua and TM this round, to really give Meridell a challenge. But all I can do is focus on my own challenge. Today, that's HW, and they proved their toughness on the first day last round.

*Actually, it's not -- Meridell was ranked above HW the day after HW crushed them in the very first day last round, which makes no sense whatsoever.

I've been trying to ignore the brackets and just focus on my personal contributions, but seriously! I'm playing for KI and we got Tyrannia every single bracket? Come on. At least mix it up a little. We're tied with Roo Island in points anyway, so it wouldn't even break the bracket rules to allow us to compete against Altador at least once.

The same with Faerieland and Moltara. We've been in the same bracket since the beginning.

I really don't care who wins, and my team won't be winning so it really doesn't matter to me. My main focus is just ranking up and trying to get as close to All Star as I can. :)

They are unfair. Wins/losses don't seem to matter anymore.

Moltara has 11 wins so far.

Faerieland has 8.

Mystery Island has 2.

And yet...we're behind them.

In last place.

It doesn't make any sense.

I mean I don't expect us to do well, since the brackets are never kind to small teams, but I was hoping to beat last year's 15th place.

I'm mostly in it to try and get All-Star but it's still annoying that your team's efforts and wins don't matter anymore.

yeah we were up against the hard teams and now the easy ones and altador a tyrannia have never gone against each other. I am gonna force TNT to go back to DRR!

101577.png

ld.jpg101577_ldpb.gif

The bracket looks pretty good for TM this round, but we've got Maraqua in there AGAIN. That's three out of three brackets with TM and MQ.

We have Faerieland for a 3rd time. Someone on the boards mentioned each team has a "partner" that they've been with in each bracket.

It's funny how Moltara has more wins than FL and MI COMBINED yet we're still 18th place and behind both of them according to TNT and their stupid messed up system.

We have 11, FL has 8 and MI has 2.
Wicked unfair. It's like our efforts don't matter. Watch us sweep both of them and still be in last place!

We have Faerieland for a 3rd time. Someone on the boards mentioned each team has a "partner" that they've been with in each bracket.

It's funny how Moltara has more wins than FL and MI COMBINED yet we're still 18th place and behind both of them according to TNT and their stupid messed up system.

We have 11, FL has 8 and MI has 2.

Wicked unfair. It's like our efforts don't matter. Watch us sweep both of them and still be in last place!

Interesting our partner is mystery island but we did not face them last time :I I am still mad about the system since last year so I wanna email TNT to change it back and if we all can do that TNT might change it back!

101577.png

ld.jpg101577_ldpb.gif

I've been reading about these "partner teams" and here they are:

1) Altador & Roo Island (0 encounters)
2) Tyrannia & Krawk Island (1 encounter)
3) Darigan Citadel & Kreludor (1 encounter)

4) Shenkuu & Virtupets (1 encounter)
5) Maraqua & Terror Mountain (2 encounters)
6) Meridell & Kiko Lake (1 encounter)
7) Faerieland & Moltara (2 encounters)
8) Haunted Woods & Brightvale (1 encounter)
9) Lost Desert & Mystery Island (1 encounter)

So then TM/MQ and FL/MT are the only ones who have actually faced each other each time so far? And if RI and AL don't face each other this round, then something is definitely up.

Edit: I just looked at the brackets for the first time today. I'm glad TM is in third and I guess it makes some sense that we're behind Meridell and our rivals, Maraqua, because they've done better than us overall up until the last couple days. However, it doesn't really make any sense that MI is fourth in their bracket when they've had easily the worst run of the tournament. Unless we start seeing a lot more green on their results (when HW climbed out of last place in the first bracket it was when they started making a comeback), then something's not right.

Right! Meridell is living the life of luxury going against easy teams (doing bad against them too) while Roo Island always has to face hard teams such as Altador which always gets first and they faced Terror Mountain at it's best! So Roo Island is always in second! Same thing with us (Krawk Island) we have to deal with a Tyrannia with [Removed] and we had DC, and KD to worry about and through all of that we have gotten in second only to Tyrannia! This is not just! :grrr:

I feel bad for KI. I mean, DC beat MD in standings and we are both ahead of DC. We should go for the third place podium.

I don't know much about the AC and I'm not very interested in it but this bracket system is absolutely ridiculous and unfair. TNT should explain what the mechanics behind this bracket system are.

Unfortunately, the bracket system is supposed to be "random." But when you have 2 and 3 teams who are constantly in the same bracket or, moreso, 2 teams consistently in the same bracket but never playing each other, it starts to seem a little fishy. Maybe we're all conspiracy theorists and the brackets so far are purely coincidence due to the random nature (small chances, but not impossible), or maybe they are a little less random than TNT claims they are.

I can understand why so little information (read: next to none) about the brackets and the scoring can be publicly released, though. If we knew the exact algorithms and methods by which things were done, it would only be a matter of time before people found ways to exploit them, both by tailoring legitimate methods of playing, as well as not-so-legitimate methods. I really just wish the tournament would go back to the round robin style. I think being able to play every team the same amount of times would provide much clearer, more accurate standings than this mish-mosh of a bracket system.

We still haven't got a chance against Roo Island and Altador, and I think it's pretty unfair. But it's worse with smaller teams, they don't have a chance to prove themselves against each other.

I don't think they are random, RI and AL together, KI and TY together. That's suspicious...

We still haven't got a chance against Roo Island and Altador, and I think it's pretty unfair. But it's worse with smaller teams, they don't have a chance to prove themselves against each other.

I don't think they are random, RI and AL together, KI and TY together. That's suspicious...

and TM and MQ are once again in the same bracket.