Riddle Me This (The Avatars Trinity)

andaraen

Like many people, I find myself in want of certain avatars. Namely, BGC, MSPP, and SUAP. While I occasionally participate in the chats that occur on the neoboards, I'm not quite sure what to put down in my "application" post. I know lenders are looking for trustworthiness and dedication, but those things are rather difficult to quantify. Would someone care to enlighten me? I've been working on my account for about a year, but it's really young compared to most of the accounts I've seen that are still looking to borrow these elusive items. And I feel rather inadequate when I compare my achievements to that of other people...

Also, I really don't like how little space you get to work with on the neoboards. There is a lot I could say about myself/my accounts/my Neopets experience/whatever, but there simply isn't enough room for everything, even boiled down to bullet points. I know putting everything on a petpage would give me a ton more space to work with, but do lenders actually look at applications people make? Is just making a page at all, regardless of quality, enough or should I learn HTML and get original artwork for it? (If the latter is the case, can someone recommend a person/page I can go to in order to get art/knowledge from?)

And, last but not least, how much do lenders care about vouchers? A little while ago, a lovely user on the neoboards vouched for me because they said my account looks great. I have it saved on a computer, but I'd like to know how much it matters and if I should be looking for more.

i was lent BGC and SuAP via the boards.

I put how many avatars, stamps, site themes, and account age. I also stated what I collected in my galleries and that I like to zap/adopt pets out.

Vouchers are a bonus, especially if their accounts are also trustworthy looking (age, avatars, stamps, site themes etc)

Make sure that you mention you are a premium member (that alone will go a long way) and that you care a lot about your account.

Best of luck - I don't think you'll have much of a problem. :)

Hrtbrk has wonderful advice!

Also, don't forget to check around the Premium boards. I was lent all three of those avatars for free on Charter- I didn't once have to make my own board. Really lovely people will post their own boards saying they're lending out- and they feel more secure lending to people who are paying for the site. You have a really impressive account, especially considering how young it is. :)

Best of luck!

Thanks for the responses, you guys. c:

I think I'll try spending more time on the neoboards once the AC is finished.

The Altador Cup has been taking up a ton of my time lately. :P

Especially with SUAP make sure it's one of the very last avatars you still need to get.

I tried applying for it from March until end May, no luck for me, and I had a petpage and everything. I'm guessing they thought I was suspicious because I still have plenty of avatars to get.

Especially with SUAP make sure it's one of the very last avatars you still need to get.

I tried applying for it from March until end May, no luck for me, and I had a petpage and everything. I'm guessing they thought I was suspicious because I still have plenty of avatars to get.

It doesn't need to be one of the very last avatars you need. Even if you're still missing several avatars, there is a chance you can be lent a SuAP. I know people who have had under 300 avatars and have gotten lent a SuAP. Of course the more avatars you have, the higher your chances are, but it's still at the discretion of the lender. For these avatars it can take quite a while to be lent, you just need patience and chatting on the lending neoboards such as the SuAP/MSPP board, can increase your chances as well. Good luck getting these elusive avatars! :D