So, about the Obelisk skirmishes

KaylaTheHedgehog

Has anyone figured out what criteria Neo uses to determine who wins each skirmish? Is it based on overall battles for each team?

I'm currently trying to get the remaining four avatars (need the Awakened, the Brute Squad, the Seekers, and the Thieves Guild to have a complete set), and I was curious.

I think it's more about total effort per team member, so that big teams don't automatically win. Note that the bandwagon team was upset for the first time this weekend, probably because more and more people did the minimum, just assuming they could ride the coattails of everyone else and still win. So it's going to be harder to predict who will win. I foresee coalitions of top battlers joining a specific team, but not letting the masses know until after the fact, once it's too late to join (like ASG's and the AC), so they aren't brought down by hangers-on not willing to work.

Note: I am willing to join and commit to such a group -- I can kill the bosses in a single hit, and thus accrue a lot of points for my team fairly quickly. I could commit to doing 500 battles in a weekend, easily (or even more, if needed), and I have a few friends willing and able to do the same.

The first four times, it was clear on the neoboards which team most people were joining, and that team won. However, I agree with siniri that the team won because all the good battlers joined that team, not because it had the most people.

This time round, a lot of people (me included) had all three avatars for those teams, so didn't put in much effort, therefore it was probably much closer.

The next time the Seekers are available, the masses will join that one, because no one has that avatar yet, followed by the Sway after that, as lots of people missed out on that first time round.

After that, it will come down to luck, I think!

I have to wonder what constitutes effort in their calculations: a large number of wins against easier opponents or a smaller number of wins against more difficult enemies?

I'm leaning more toward the first option, but since I can one-shot some of the enemies, It take very little effort...

The first four times, it was clear on the neoboards which team most people were joining, and that team won. However, I agree with siniri that the team won because all the good battlers joined that team, not because it had the most people.

This time round, a lot of people (me included) had all three avatars for those teams, so didn't put in much effort, therefore it was probably much closer.

The next time the Seekers are available, the masses will join that one, because no one has that avatar yet, followed by the Sway after that, as lots of people missed out on that first time round.

After that, it will come down to luck, I think!

But a lot of people (myself included) still needed the Thieves avatar -- when they won, it was the first time after the war ended, and the bandwagon was much smaller. However, people got lazy and assumed the majority would win. I'm not sure the "masses" will win automatically again, unless they put in the effort. Perhaps this time scared them, and we'll be able to get the Sway and Thieves Guild avatars soon.

I would like to think that fighting on mighty gives more team points than fighting on easy does -- and the same for harder opponents. I'm not sure how much more, though, and what the balance is (like in the AC, I could send 2 scores of 3500 in MSN in the time it took me to get 1 score of 6k+, so it was better for me to send in the 2 lower scores, both for my own sake, but also for the team's sake, whether it was based on sheer number of MSN points or total number of MSN wins). I would suggest people fight opponents they can easily beat (win at least 90+% of the time, in 1-3 turns) on mighty, and then try to get the most wins in at that level, with maybe a few harder wins for practice and easier wins to battle-heal.

I would safely bet on the Seekers simply because they never won. I would assume if Seekers were a choice again, it will probably win for the first time. That being said I am not happy that my original faction the Seekers are not getting enough love.

• 4 months later...

I don't have any of the avatars yet, but I'm about to start trying because I have 298 avvies and I would like to hit 300 soon. Most of the avvies I need are game avatars, though, and I'm awful at games. :(

Can you guys recommend any good weapons or abilities that have helped you with the battles? My battler is level 50, currently has Downsize!, 2 scrolls of knowledge, scroll of freezing, psellias fighting fan, leaf shield, velms healing potion, and fire faerie darts, plus halitosis, an icicle, and lens flare.