Transferring NC Items From Side Account

marthaclark

Hi everyone!

I decided to set up a side account today so I could get my soup faerie avatar and have more storage.

I also saw that I was entitled to collect the Second NC Mall Sixth Birthday Goodie Bag on my side account. I collect the free goodie bags on my main and never opened them, I just store them in the SDB. I decided to open the goodie bag on my side account but now I have a dilemma about how to transfer the items I got.

From reading the help articles it seems that gift boxes are the way to go. Are gift boxes reusable? Is there a way to buy them with the NC I got for my side account when I set it up?

Can I transfer that side account NC to my main?

I am scared of doing the side account thing wrong so I am proceeding very cautiously and reading the Multiple Account article as I go.

Did you collect the Birthday Goodie Bag on your main account? If so, you've already broken a rule. For reference, see question 5914 from Editorial #386. In that case, my advice would be to just discard the items.

When you give away free items at the NC Mall, such as the Halloween bags and now the toy Neggs (also the springtime basket), can we get them on our side accounts? Please remove my name. ~[username removed]

No. These giveaways give out items, and therefore you may not collect them on your side accounts.

If you didn't collect it on your main account, then I think you are allowed to transfer it. The only way to transfer NC Items is gift boxes, and they aren't reusable. You can get gift boxes by redeeming Neocash cards, by purchasing a Gift Box Mystery Capsule, or waiting until there are free gift boxes in the NC Mall (usually around events). I didn't find a TDN article about it, but you can read about them on SunnyNeo here.

Edit: Keep reading! This information is incomplete.

Edited by Lamppost

Woah, I'm so confused now!

i could sworn i read i could collect it. I think I misunderstood a post:

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/38543-nc-mall-free-birthday-goodie-bag-2/?p=701629/

But I'm also unsure after reading this:

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/36296-neopets-account-help/

The rule is generally if you get NP/items from it, it's not ok to do on your side. Playing games (including Habitarium, Keyquest and multiplayer games), having a shop, excessive trading (it's better to buy things from your main and send them to your side), doing dailies, participating in events where NP/items are awarded, etc are not allowed on sides. The exceptions are the Healing Springs, as mentioned above, and NC Events/shopping. Something like the Stocking Stufftacular, for example, is fine to do on your side because you only receive NC items. Free gift bags from the NC Mall are also fine to collect on your sides.

Ahhhh! Does it mean you can't collect on both? I am assuming you are quoting a direct quote from TNT so I'd go with that.

I'm being greedy because I want to keep my goodie bag and keep the items, but I will discard the items if I am taking this up wrong. It's unlikely I will shell out for the gift boxes anyway. I don't understand why people are saying you can collect on side accounts if you actually can't.

the halloween bags and the toy neggs gave out NP items, and so you weren't allowed to collect those on sides, however nowadays the NC goodie bags contain NC items, and TNT have stated you are allowed to collect those on side accounts :)

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=554

Hiya, TNT. I'm curious: since the free NC Mall Goodie Bags don't give out Neopoint items anymore, is it okay to collect them on side accounts? I mean, you can't really do much with them unless you buy more NC, and with everyone getting them it's hardly worth doing that. ~ziporen
Yes, collecting the free NC Mall Goodie Bags on your side accounts is fine. :)

gift boxes aren't reuseable unfortunately the gift box mystery capsules cost 200nc (you just missed the half off sale) and give out 1-5 gift boxes when opened. they are on sale until the end on the month, and will retire, typically GBCs (gift box capsules) are for sale in the mall the last few weeks of the month.

you can also receive boxes by redeeming a physical NC card, the number of boxes you get varies depending on how much the card is worth, i believe there is currently a promotion in the US for $5 off $25 Monkey Quest (which is also Nickelodeon, and NC based) in Gamestop stores until August 4th. i think the $25 cards give you 5 boxes. bear in mind NC expires after 2 years once redeemed.

you need gift boxes to send all NC items, excluding grams and selected item based cookies which are special and don't require boxes. this also includes if you want to send a gift box capsule to your side.

i would suggest as this goodie bag gives 2 items, to send across the intact bag, and then open it on your main otherwise you will need 2 gift boxes. otherwise i'm sure if you want to trade someone something NC for their goodie bag, the NC neoboard would be a good place to find a trade.

it depends on the event... mostly these days NC events are designed to be separate from the NP components, and so often you can do them on sides. if you ever you get any kind of NP advantage from them, generally its not allowed. but in the past events like Daily Dare could only be completed on your main account due to the game challenges meaning you earned NPs

a special allowance was made for AC, you have to join a team to participate, but it was allowed last year and this year, to join a team and participate on side accounts provided the NP items gained when joining a team were discarded. (see that event FAQ, which specifically answers that)

you are welcome ^_^ glad it was helpful!

I collect the goodie bags, so usually i trade for an extra bag if i really like the item :) should be interesting if the contacts are nice, still broken i think.

edit: TNT have fixed the contacts.. ooh pretty! ^_^ they are very nice for a freebie :D