Neopets habitat help?

Lozzie

I've tried posting on the help neoboard, but unfortunately I've received no help on this, so I thought you guys here at TDN might be able to help me out a bit more. :)

Basically, upon creation of a neopet, you have the option to choose your neopet's 'habitat' ("Where does your neopet like to live?").

There's the option of Forest, Sea, River, Jungle, Town, City, Mountains or Wilderness.

When viewing pets that are in the Pound, this info pops up underneath the pet as well, but how do you find out what your own neopet's habitat is? I've hunted high and low on the pet description page and quickref page, but I can't find this information anywhere! :(

The fact that this information is retained from creation must mean that it's stored somewhere, surely?

I have been told "It doesn't matter", by someone on the boards, but personally I'd just like to know so it'll help me choose what background to give each pet.

I distinctly remember choosing Mountains for Luanolu because I created her, but I don't remember Eserix or Vulcaris because I adopted them both, and didn't really take a note of what their habitat was.

Any help with this issue would be fantastic.

I've never been able to find that information again either- which is weird, since they have the other pointless stuff (what they like doing, and they they react to others) on pets' lookups!

._. Hmm, that's so strange! I thought I was just missing something; I wonder why it doesn't at least show up on petpages?

Oh well; I guess it's just one of those things that TNT were going to do something with and didn't; but that wouldn't explain why it's still an option when you go to create a pet.

I wonder if there's an article in the neopian times about it... I'll have a look.

I couldn't figure it out either, not a safe way anyways. There's always one option though if you absolutely must know...pound your pet and see what is listed as the habitat when you go to readopt it. I don't think I need to say what the risk there is though :crying_blow: