Yay for coming out of the closet!

Russ

Well Done for coming out. We parents are a fairly understanding and non biased group on a whole and though I have never had to deal with your dad's situation I am glad that you have his support and hope your other family members will also accept your sexuality with the same understanding that we are all our own person . Good Luck and be happy for who you are...

Congratulations! :D I know that coming out is a hugely stressful thing, and I'm so glad that your dad took it well! I hope that the rest of your family is just as accepting. ^_^

Yay, Russ! :D

I can only imagine how nervous you must've been, I'm so happy for you that your dad reacted the way he did! :)

Congrats!!!That's so great. I've been there myself, I know how terrifying it can be. 7 years ago I told my mum and she was fine as I knew she would be...but it still doesn't make it any easier does it? I didn't have the guts to tell my dad as he wasn't the most gay friendly person so my mum told him for me! She's told a lot of people for me actually, till I actually got some courage and started to feel more confident in myself. I've told many people myself now and It feels so much better.... especially when they have a positive reaction, it feels so good.

Anyway, babbling...lol. Congrats! :D

Congrats!!!That's so great. I've been there myself, I know how terrifying it can be. 7 years ago I told my mum and she was fine as I knew she would be...but it still doesn't make it any easier does it? I didn't have the guts to tell my dad as he wasn't the most gay friendly person so my mum told him for me! She's told a lot of people for me actually, till I actually got some courage and started to feel more confident in myself. I've told many people myself now and It feels so much better.... especially when they have a positive reaction, it feels so good.

Anyway, babbling...lol. Congrats! :D

Haha, my mum was the one to tell my dad (and grandmother, and aunts and uncles and cousins...) as well.

OP- this is an option for you as well- much less stressful! Haha.

Thank you everyone for the support!

For the next week I'll be on vacation with my sister, her best friend, and my mom. My sister and her friend already know so I might try to come out to my mom during that week.. we will see!

A huge congratulations on going through with it - I can't imagine how stressful and nerve racking it would be. Good luck and enjoy your vacation. ^_^

Haha, my mum was the one to tell my dad (and grandmother, and aunts and uncles and cousins...) as well.

OP- this is an option for you as well- much less stressful! Haha.

Ahhh...now this makes me feel a lot better. I felt like a coward! Lol. Yes my mum told my whole family, friends of the family, even my then best friend!

Yes OP, just get your dad to tell everyone! It's so much easier! or maybe not, you sound much braver than I was then :D

• 1 month later...

Haha, oh dear. You did better than I did. I wound up writing a 3 page letter to my mother and dumping it in the letter box when I left for school camp. She was fine with it, it was just very intimidating.

• 4 months later...