Do you ever check up on pets that you transfer/pound?

katedid85

I've checked on a couple of pets I've pounded a few times. 

The first was a pet I'd lost trying to transfer it between accounts while converting this one from a side to my main. This was when I first made the account back in '06 so the transfer feature in the pound had not existed and one had to just a roll the dice. 

I'd initially checked its whereabouts to find out who the adopting user was to contact them explaining the situation and requesting its return. Remember this was me as a noob, I honestly didn't know I wasn't allowed to do that even in the case of a transfer fail but the user never responded anyway so it was of no consequence. Which was most likely because the user was not active.

I'd checked up on the pet a couple more times over the years to find it had been untouched and upon the last check discovered the account had been frozen. 

I'd ended up remaking the pet with an underscore to just subtly differentiate the same name and still have him to this day. I still consider him to be my first pet despite that literally, the original was and adore him.  

Second, was a pet I'd created with the same name as my account. This time, I'd only checked on it out of curiosity, I'd intended to relinquish it and harbored no regret. The new owner did change its species and color but otherwise, it as well was untouched and again on my last check the account turned up frozen. 

I've never adopted ergo no, I've never been contacted by an adopted pet's previous owner. 

• 5 weeks later...

I have pounded a few pets of mine...

Two were red and yellow Korbats, Skrillbat and Diplobat. I have checked on what happened to them, so far no one has picked them up.

It has been a few years since I posted.  Now, I have all the petpages bookmarked, so I can just go down the line checking.  I like being able to scoop one of them up if they end up in the pound, so I can start zapping them again.  I have contacted people to compliment their petpages or customizations.

I have also had someone message me about a pet I adopted.  They were a member of TDN, actually.  They were just happy to see that the pet had a new home, and I was able to tell them that I was just holding on to the pet for a few days until it went to a new owner and what the new owner's plans were.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I always take screenshots before I pound an old pet, sometimes I will go check up on them but never talk to the new owners.

Same as others I've bookmarked the petpages of zapped pets that I've repounded. But now that the captcha's back in full affect I don't feel enormously inclined to check on them, lol.

Most of them are inactive, and one of them ceased to exist the day after I sent it back to the pound...made me lose interest in zapping for other people's benefit to be honest. :sad: