Tips: hoarding codestones to train ?

I found out that koi warrior gives out somewhat good amount of codestone, did anyone try? I usually get like 5 or 6 codestone per day from it.

I want to ask tips on hoarding codestones. When is the best time to buy them (like before or after the Obelisk) and should I buy in bulk?

Yea, usually the Dome of the Deep give out the most codestones. People say because they give out less other prizes so your percentage of getting codestones is better.

There is a ongoing thread on the battledome neoboard about people wanting to find out if Giant Spectral Mutant Walein gives out more codestones because the Walein gives out other items less. Seems really disorganized but I'm still interested in what data they compile.

I remember someone on the boards here saying that there were tiny bumps right before Obelisk but now that everyone seems to have lost interest, I'm not sure how true that would be.

Yup, DotD gives out the most codestones. I always fight the Giant Spectral Mutant Walein but I don't think he gives more codestones then Koi Warrior, but I find that Walein uses less lens flare/ abilities. So it is just faster for me fighting the Walein.

I wonder what they will find out comparing Koi and Walein. Didn't know they were testing.

• 4 weeks later...

From: http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/viewprofile/129/

How to unlock: Refresh at the 'Go Away' page in the Maraquan Ruins with Slug Flakes in your inventory.

The difficulty is 500, so you'll need a strong pet to fight the slug.

As far as i know, at least for the weaker opponents, you get the same prices no matter the difficulty. The only difference is the amount of NP per battle. I can't test it for the Slug, even easy is too hard for me.

But, the list I found for prices given out by Walein, says 5 different colored walein petpets but I've only received the unpainted one, been battling in all difficulties already so I think the rarity it's set on to give as a price makes a huge difference. I guess the slugawoo will also be a rare price.

No, I've gotten Slugawoos at any difficulty level. However, prices of Slugawoos are dropping to the point that it is becoming less and less tempting to fight. I've had two slugawoos sitting in my shop for days at 6666 np and I just dropped the price down. There are three slugawoo themed books you can win, two sell for about 900 np and the other sells for nearly 2000 np, while not as good as codestones they are better than winning cheap food.

The real down side to the Slugs, as she can make your pet sick. Since my daughter's pet can defeat the Slug on two turns using the two freezers that is not a problem, but I belatedly realize that blindly following my suggestion might get a pet sick and incur the moderate cost of a cure.

P.S. I'm on to the Jelly Chia now, VERY interesting prizes.

Coltom, I battled Jelly Chia a LOT, I found he gave some really interesting/unique items, as well as a decent amount of Red and Regular codestones. A pet with a good defense stat, Illusens shield, and a dark blocker, should be able to beat him taking little or zero damage. Though at the time of writing that info down, My pet was way stronger with even strength and defense boosts. Illusens Shield and Hanso Charisma Charm was a pretty decent combination. The only reason you need to worry about any dark is because he can sometimes throw an Evil Snowball, which also has about 3 icons of darkness.

Personally, I intend to go back to fighting him someday. I got lots of neat stuff from him! :D The stamps were the best prizes, next to the codestones of course. ;)