Embarrassing Post :(

gingerew

The other day I was posting on the Neoboards looking for a lend for one of the big three avatars and I titled my post "Lending for SuAP" or something like that. When I checked the board a few minutes later, people were freaking out apparently thinking I had meant that I was lending, not looking for a lend. Of course I realized my mistake right after, since the board title was definitely misleading, and I apologized and explained what I meant...but, people were honestly so rude! Saying things like is English even your first language and stuff like that... Yikes! I mean, I felt embarrassed and like such a noob, but everyone is entitled to an honest mistake, right??

Anyways, has anyone else ever done anything embarrassing like this? I can sympathize with you!

And of course, I didn't get my lend haha. :P

Ouch! (But as a teacher, I've met students whose English is a second language and it's still better than those who only speak English!). Some people on the boards really disappoint me - what an uncalled for reaction!

The most embarrassing post for me occurred when the Neoboards were really quiet a few years ago. I was reading a chat between two people and one of them admitted to living in Sydney, Australia. I got really excited because I was hoping to become Neofriends so I can have someone to chat to. So I slowly posted on the board and was building up that I live in Sydney as well. And then my big moment came! I posted: "I live in the country of Sydney too!" The other two then posted separately: "Sydney is a city. Or do you mean you live in Australia too? :weird: " I then clarified what I meant but felt so embarrassed that I immediately said goodnight to them.

My second embarrassing post occurred recently. I got lent Chokato from a nice lender that had his own lending board. It took a while refreshing for it though, several minutes let's say. I got so nervous that the lender was getting nervous that I quickly opened up the Neoboards and said: "Sorry it's taking so long! I'm constantly refreshing! Will give back once I get the avatar!" The lender gave me a o_O expression with a "Huh?" in their response. It turns out there were two Chokato lending boards at the time and I apologised on the wrong one. :laughingsmiley: So I had to keep refreshing, apologise on the board on which I incorrectly posted, then read a Neomail the original lender sent me because it was taking a while as he was getting worried, then post my explanation of what had happened on the correct lending board and that I actually did apologise that it was taking too long but I posted it on the incorrect board.

Yeah, that was pretty stressful.

Yes, some people on the neoboards are really rude, and some of them (mostly always the same persons) just try to troll and be mean to others. I really dislike those people and will not reply (anymore) on those boards. But there are still a lot of nice people too. I'm usually at the Help Chat, or in case of an event, at that chat. I will always try to help others and be honest and nice. I really dislike fights, so whenever there are rude people posting on a board, depending on what the reason was or what was typed, I will try to hush them or will just walk away from it.

It's really rude to be mean to people who make a mistake. They can't know if english is the first language of that person, and so what if it isn't? The best way to learn a language is by writing/reading/speaking and hearing it. I learned my English by gaming, not at school. I would motivate them to hang out at places where they speak English to learn it better. People shouldn't just scream things to or about others, thinking they know it all. Everyone makes mistakes. At everything.

I know for sure I've made plenty of embarrassing posts myself, but I don't remember them. Usually I'm like whoops, apologize and move on. I'm really good at forgetting things (Which isn't a good thing at all sometimes, I often wish I could remember things) It helped me through my childhood. I feel like I learned to forget and now I need to learn to not forget again.

I'm always kinda scared to post something on the NeoBoards and sound silly. English is not my first language. When I started playing Neopets, (I was 12), my English was lame. So lame that they thought I was a scammer once, because of the way I phrased something. Gee!

It's unbelievable how people think they can say whatever rude things they want on neoboards. Especially on one like that though, I assume it was the same people asking for the lends. Do they not think that it's possible someone else actually lending a SuAP could be lurking it and after seeing how rude they are to someone who made a genuine mistake and apologized for it, it would hurt their chances of actually being lent it from them?

Well, it might not be actually embarrassing but a little while ago I needed to ask in the forum what it means that the score is being reviewed. I might have looked like a noob or someone who plays just like once a year not knowing what that is but even after being a member for five years and playing a lot of games on the weekends and one or two every day I seriously never got any scores reviewed until that day and also never heard about it.

I think Potato counter had a pretty high chance of being reviewed on that day because not just me but also a lot of others (newbies) asked what that means because they had it for exactly the same game.

But at least people weren't rude to me. Even during the AC that is partially known for its flame wars I just heard other people talking about being rudely attacked and never saw any of these posts myself.

• 2 months later...

People have gotten so rude on the neoboards (from my experience). Once, I posted something that was merely my opinion (something about Jelly World) and everyone started getting all mad at me! It was not fun to try and explain that I wasn't trying to make anyone mad. It was simply my opinion. >.<

In six years I looked at neoboards 5 times maybe. Confess I ever had much interest in it since english is not my native language and noticed some rudeness around. Only this year I started to communicate with other players, but still not through neoboards.

Guess I'm really lucky with the people I found in NP so far, especially in TDN. I have only nice things to say about them since they were really nice all the time and didn't bother to explain me how to do some things even the easy ones (sometimes I can be really slow eheh)

The other day I was posting on the Neoboards looking for a lend for one of the big three avatars and I titled my post "Lending for SuAP" or something like that. When I checked the board a few minutes later, people were freaking out apparently thinking I had meant that I was lending, not looking for a lend. Of course I realized my mistake right after, since the board title was definitely misleading, and I apologized and explained what I meant...but, people were honestly so rude! Saying things like is English even your first language and stuff like that... Yikes! I mean, I felt embarrassed and like such a noob, but everyone is entitled to an honest mistake, right??

Anyways, has anyone else ever done anything embarrassing like this? I can sympathize with you!

And of course, I didn't get my lend haha. :P

I haven't had anything like that happen to me, but wow. People can have no class. It's a game, no need to freak out and be rude like that to someone! Hopefully someone monitoring the Neoboards did something. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience!