moving text on a butten

schorpioen

This is usually done by moving the text for each frame...

It's possible to open the timeline animation in Photoshop for instance and add key frames.

If you tell us which applications you use to make graphics, we might be able to help you further.

I don't use GIMP myself, but they have this tutorial on their website: http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Simple_Animations/

That seems to be the basics and probably all you need to know. The examples don't look very good, but once you get the basic idea and learn the tools you can apply it to anything :)

GIMP offers another product called GAP, if you want to add effects or do bigger, smooth transitions, but it's more advanced and might take a while to get used to. They link to it from the tutorial, but I'd learn to do it the basic way first.

It's really not hard if you just carefully read through it and follow the steps. There are online "GIF makers" but what they do is ask you to upload the still pictures you want used and then they just put them together. If you want to make graphics, then that way is more work.

The moving text you see on buttons have most likely been animated using the basics from that tutorial. What you see is your browser quickly displaying several different still pictures as one animated button.

I don't know of any ways to animate text online, but I was able to animate text easily using GIMP by following the instructions on this petpage: http://www.neopets.com/~LucysButtonTutorial

The tutorial shows how to make a different-colored letter move through the word(s), but you could extrapolate and use the concepts to actually move the letters if you wanted to. The tutorial addresses the basics, where each layer is one frame, and then shows you how to both animate it and save it as a .gif that you can use on Neo.