I can't play games on my Neopets account!

legetia

Lately I've been getting this game error that shows up on every game I try to play on my Neopets account.

Everytime I click on a game (doesn't matter which one), then click play, the page reloads, but it never shows up with my game or the black "loading box". It only gets stuck on this blue and white gradient screen that keeps on showing up with this message on the top, "[the game: i.e. Meerca Chase II] will start after this message." - and it just stays that way forever, it never changes or loads up the game. I've been experiencing this problem for over weeks and I let it go, thinking it was just a small bug that would eventually go away, but it never did! It's been weeks since I got on and that problem still continues to persist. I've tried using different browsers but I still get the same issue. I've tried deleting all my internet cache, cookies, and history, but the problem is still there. I've even tried doing that option, then restarting my computer. Then I tried the same method, and instead shut my computer down. Still am experiencing the same problem. I've even tried submitting a ticket to the Neopets team, but I'm still awaitting that, and am not sure if they're even going to respond. I've submitted another ticket recently about another question, but it's been over week's since they've responded. I'm starting to lose a bit of hope here.

Can anyone offer some advice on what the problem may be, or if anyone else experiences the same problem, can relate, and have found some ways to resolve the issue? I would really love some advice here. Thanks.

Also: Here are some screenshots of what the error page looks like:

This is the frequent one I get with the error message, "[game] will start after this message.":

ScreenShot2013-09-07at84041PM_zpsdc79586

This is also what I get, just without the error message:

ScreenShot2013-09-07at95920AM_zpse9345f3

It's most likely a flash issue so I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the flash player and also make sure it's up to date. Hopefully the games start working for you again without too much trouble. :)

Are there things that have changed? Did you buy a new pc/laptop? Did you reinstall your computer? Ran updates? Installed different flash player software? What browser did you try it on?

If just reinstalling flash won't help you we may know more if you could shed some light on those things. Maybe we can figure it out.

Also, if possible, try a different computer/different location and see if it works.

Can you see the world if you go to Explore-Map of Neopia?

If you've tried different browsers, and deleting cache and cookies, then I'm not really sure what may be wrong. The last thing I would try is to uninstall flash player and reinstall it again.

Thanks for the quick reply Jcpet. I've actually tried yours and Mouseykins suggestion of uninstalling flash player then reinstalling it, but that didn't seem to be the actual cause of the problem. It did give me an idea of what the problem might actually be though. I recently installed Java 7, and sometime afterwards, I haven't been able to play games on Neopets. I've tried uninstalling it, but nothing really happened. The game error still showed up.

Are there things that have changed? Did you buy a new pc/laptop? Did you reinstall your computer? Ran updates? Installed different flash player software? What browser did you try it on?

If just reinstalling flash won't help you we may know more if you could shed some light on those things. Maybe we can figure it out.

Also, if possible, try a different computer/different location and see if it works.

Can you see the world if you go to Explore-Map of Neopia?

Duma, yes, I took note of what you mentioned, and the only recent 'change' I could come up with is the fact that I installed Java 7 to my laptop a couple weeks ago (which was also when the games issue started showing up - I can't believe I didn't take notice of that). One thing I noticed when installing Java 7 to my Macbook (I have Mac version OS X Lion 10.7.5) is that on their website they showed this warning that installing it might have some kind of 'effect' on other 'flash players' or 'browsers' or it was something - I don't quite clearly remember at all what it said, I just foolishly ignored it. Ever since then, I've been unable to play games on Neopets.

Also, I use Firefox as my main web browswer, though I have Chrome and Safari installed. I've also tried playing the games on my sister's laptop - she has Windows 7, and apparently the games work on her computer. I think the main issue is the installation of Java 7. I've tried uninstalling it on my laptop - but I still get the games error. I even tried disabling Javascript from my Firefox browser, but it only brought more issues like disabling me from watching youtube videos, so forth. I'm really just at a complete loss on what to do now.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Definitely try a different computer and see if it works there, if possible.

Meanwhile, could I get you to do the following:
1) open a game page in chrome

2) right-click anywhere on the page

3) click on "Inspect element"

4) scroll up to the top of the text area that popped up

5) right-click "<html>"

6) click "Copy as HTML"

7) paste onto a site such as pastebin.com

8) post the result here
This might give us helpful information about what's going wrong.

Also, while you're on the window that comes up after clicking "Inspect element", click on the "Console" tab in the pink navbar and see if there are any error messages there. If there are, post those here too.

Also, I just realized that the "Inspect element" option might not be available on default installations of Chrome. Let me know if there's no "Inspect element" when you right-click on a page.

Definitely try a different computer and see if it works there, if possible.

Meanwhile, could I get you to do the following:

1) open a game page in chrome

2) right-click anywhere on the page

3) click on "Inspect element"

4) scroll up to the top of the text area that popped up

5) right-click "<html>"

6) click "Copy as HTML"

7) paste onto a site such as pastebin.com

8) post the result here

This might give us helpful information about what's going wrong.

Also, while you're on the window that comes up after clicking "Inspect element", click on the "Console" tab in the pink navbar and see if there are any error messages there. If there are, post those here too.

Also, I just realized that the "Inspect element" option might not be available on default installations of Chrome. Let me know if there's no "Inspect element" when you right-click on a page.

Mynn, thanks a lot for joining in on my thread! I would be very much appreciated if you could help me resolve this issue. I also did what you said, and have the HTML text uploaded on pastebin.com. Here is the link to it:

http://pastebin.com/v2QRNJ1E

Also, I clicked on the Console tab after clicking on "Inspect Element" and there appears to be an entire list of error messages. There wasn't a "right-click" option to 'copy' the list, so I was wondering if you just want me to take a screenshot of it and paste it here?

Edit: I just copied the entire context from the Console tab and pasted it onto pastebin.com. Here is the link to it:

http://pastebin.com/DN7UNCuJ

I also took a quick screenshot of the error message as it appears on my laptop:

ConsoleErrorScreenshot_zps37525898.png

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It looks like all the error messages in the console are normal, annoyingly enough.

It also looks like you posted the HTML from the page before you get to the actual game, you know the one with the image of the game and the "Play" button? Are you able to click past that page?

One thing you might try is clicking the gear next to the "Play" button, changing the size setting to "Large", and then pressing "Play". See if that works.

If not, change the size back to "Regular", click the "Play" button, then copy and paste this into the Console that we copied the error messages from earlier: $("#game_frame")[0].contentWindow.document.getElementById("game_div").setAttribute('style', 'display:block !important; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); visibility: visible; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;');

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't replied back in a while. I've basically found a workaround the problem myself. Seems like all I had to do was go to the game menu settings and change the game size to 'large', thus I am able to play the game. But even so, thanks for all your help!

@mynn: And yes, that is exactly what I have done! I greatly appreciate your participation in my thread. Thanks for helping out!

• 3 years later...

I'm glad that you were able to fix your problem legetia. I'm having the same one as well.

I tried uninstalling then reinstalling adobe flash, cleared my cookies, and cache, tried in multiple different browsers, and tried changing my settings to "large". But I still get the same result that you were experiencing. I don't know if you experience this as well. But I am unable to see the "World of Neopia" when I click explore. I literally can't do anything. I can't go to shops, play games, see the world. The only thing I can do is click the tabs.

I was wondering if you all could help me as well. I realize that this is an extremely old thread, but I didn't want to just make my own thread because I find it annoying seeing multiple threads for the same thing.

So describing my problem in steps:

1:) I choose a game

2:) I press "PLAY"

3:) The game shows this loading screen593b4231d824f_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.ea9c5cff0c153a3ba650c25795964b75.png

4:) It then gives me that dreaded grey screen as seen in this image.593b43659f346_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.bb7b305301da9fb452a1af2334af7c86.png

Like I said I have tried playing on different browsers, but it gives the same results each time. I have a screenshot of the error messages in "console" on the inspect element page as well593b45bc515f4_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.2df4bb850dd8f0d2d5dea60a56ee5a7e.png

I included a pastebin attachment as well so that its less asking around that people have to do. I want to give everything that was asked prior to my comment.

https://pastebin.com/eyRcdtef

You'll also find "AdBlock" in there as well. I have completely gotten rid of AdBlock to see if that was causing the problem but it didn't help at all, and restarted my browser but it stays in the texts for some reason. I'm not that computer savvy to know why its in there still, or even to give my own diagnosis of what I thing the problem is, but I was looking through the messages, and saw a lot of "JavaScript" I wondered if that could be the problem. I'm not going to do anything crazy because like I said I'm not that good with computers.  

EDIT:) I literally just thought of this as soon as I hit submit but could it also be because I'm running windows 10?

I used to play Neopets as a kid, and just recently decided to play it again on a new account because I forgot my password to my old account, and being a lets say stupid little kid I put in my birth year to be an obscure year that I would never remember, and then I went to play on Neopets a couple of weeks ago, and it asked me for my birth date. But that's not the point. The point is that I've created a new Neopets, and I can't feed my neopets because I'm not able to do anything.

If someone could please help me that would be fantastic. If not I'll just sadly give up on neopets. 

Again sorry for grave digging an extremely old thread.

1 hour ago, thrivill29 said:

I'm glad that you were able to fix your problem legetia. I'm having the same one as well.

I tried uninstalling then reinstalling adobe flash, cleared my cookies, and cache, tried in multiple different browsers, and tried changing my settings to "large". But I still get the same result that you were experiencing. I don't know if you experience this as well. But I am unable to see the "World of Neopia" when I click explore. I literally can't do anything. I can't go to shops, play games, see the world. The only thing I can do is click the tabs.

I was wondering if you all could help me as well. I realize that this is an extremely old thread, but I didn't want to just make my own thread because I find it annoying seeing multiple threads for the same thing.

So describing my problem in steps:

1:) I choose a game

2:) I press "PLAY"

3:) The game shows this loading screen593b4231d824f_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.ea9c5cff0c153a3ba650c25795964b75.png

4:) It then gives me that dreaded grey screen as seen in this image.593b43659f346_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.bb7b305301da9fb452a1af2334af7c86.png

Like I said I have tried playing on different browsers, but it gives the same results each time. I have a screenshot of the error messages in "console" on the inspect element page as well593b45bc515f4_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.2df4bb850dd8f0d2d5dea60a56ee5a7e.png

I included a pastebin attachment as well so that its less asking around that people have to do. I want to give everything that was asked prior to my comment.

https://pastebin.com/eyRcdtef

You'll also find "AdBlock" in there as well. I have completely gotten rid of AdBlock to see if that was causing the problem but it didn't help at all, and restarted my browser but it stays in the texts for some reason. I'm not that computer savvy to know why its in there still, or even to give my own diagnosis of what I thing the problem is, but I was looking through the messages, and saw a lot of "JavaScript" I wondered if that could be the problem. I'm not going to do anything crazy because like I said I'm not that good with computers.  

EDIT:) I literally just thought of this as soon as I hit submit but could it also be because I'm running windows 10?

I used to play Neopets as a kid, and just recently decided to play it again on a new account because I forgot my password to my old account, and being a lets say stupid little kid I put in my birth year to be an obscure year that I would never remember, and then I went to play on Neopets a couple of weeks ago, and it asked me for my birth date. But that's not the point. The point is that I've created a new Neopets, and I can't feed my neopets because I'm not able to do anything.

If someone could please help me that would be fantastic. If not I'll just sadly give up on neopets. 

Again sorry for grave digging an extremely old thread.

It's not a Windows 10 issue. It is usually a Flash issue. Browsers, like Chrome and Firefox, have been blocking website that use Flash. With Chrome, in particular, it seems that every update causes Flash to revert back to its default settings of blocking Flash. So, you might want to check Flash is enabled on Neopets. Chrome, also, has Flash "built-in", meaning you don't have to download the Flash plugin from Adobe, and it (Flash) is usually updated with Chrome updates.

To check for Chrome updates:

1. Click "Menu" (three vertical dots, top, right corner of Chrome).

2. Select "Help" and "About Google Chrome".

3. Chrome will automatically check for an update. If you get one, it will download and install and tell you need to relaunch Chrome for it to finish updating. The latest version is 59.0.3071.86, released on 5 June 2017.

4. Click "Relaunch".

Next, check the "built-in" Flash is up-to-date:

1. Type, without the quotes, "chrome://components" in Chrome's address bar.

2. Look for Adobe Flash Player.

3. Click the "Check for update" button. Latest Flash version is 25.0.0.171. If you have an update, it will download and install.

4. Close and reopen Chrome, for the update to take.

To make sure Flash is enabled on Neopets:

1. Go to Neopets in Chrome.

2. Click on the circle icon, with an "i" in the middle. It is located to the left of the web address.

3. Look for "Flash".

4. Change it from "Ask (default)", to "Always allow on this site". It may tell you you need to refresh the page, for the change to take. Click the link to do so. Or you can close and reopen Chrome, again.

At this point, if Chrome received any updates, it may help to clear Chrome's cache, again. Select at least a week, or longer, to clear. Doing most of that, usually, gets the games/Flash working again.

If you are still having problems, it could be a plugin or extension you may be using, causing the issue. Try disabling them, one at a time, and try loading a game, again. If it starts working, the last plugin you disabled is most likely the "culprit". Javascript isn't inherently bad. It's the "bad" things not-so-nice people do to exploit it. Neopets does use it a lot, especially on the game pages. If you are using a plugin to block Javascript, or disabled it within your browser, you may need to make an exception for Neopets. An ad blocker does help, too. I don't use any filters, except the default list, with the one I use, and haven't had problems. Might want to check the default ad blocking filter is up-to-date, though. A few times, I had problems with the ads coming back, or no Flash working, and I found the list hadn't updated in a few days. Once updated, everything started working as before - ads blocked and Flash games working.

Also note, too, that Flash isn't a "one fits all" plugin. There are separate plugins for Firefox/Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer/Edge. So, if you tried Firefox, and it didn't work, it could be because Flash is not installed and/or enabled for Firefox.

Anyhow, please give that a try and post results - good or bad.

11 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

It's not a Windows 10 issue. It is usually a Flash issue. Browsers, like Chrome and Firefox, have been blocking website that use Flash. With Chrome, in particular, it seems that every update causes Flash to revert back to its default settings of blocking Flash. So, you might want to check Flash is enabled on Neopets. Chrome, also, has Flash "built-in", meaning you don't have to download the Flash plugin from Adobe, and it (Flash) is usually updated with Chrome updates.

3. Chrome will automatically check for an update. If you get one, it will download and install and tell you need to relaunch Chrome for it to finish updating. The latest version is 59.0.3071.86, released on 5 June 2017.

4. Click "Relaunch".

3. Click the "Check for update" button. Latest Flash version is 25.0.0.171. If you have an update, it will download and install.

2. Click on the circle icon, with an "i" in the middle. It is located to the left of the web address.

3. Look for "Flash".

4. Change it from "Ask (default)", to "Always allow on this site". It may tell you you need to refresh the page, for the change to take. Click the link to do so. Or you can close and reopen Chrome, again.

At this point, if Chrome received any updates, it may help to clear Chrome's cache, again. Select at least a week, or longer, to clear. Doing most of that, usually, gets the games/Flash working again.

If you are still having problems, it could be a plugin or extension you may be using, causing the issue. Try disabling them, one at a time, and try loading a game, again. If it starts working, the last plugin you disabled is most likely the "culprit". Javascript isn't inherently bad. It's the "bad" things not-so-nice people do to exploit it. Neopets does use it a lot, especially on the game pages. If you are using a plugin to block Javascript, or disabled it within your browser, you may need to make an exception for Neopets. An ad blocker does help, too. I don't use any filters, except the default list, with the one I use, and haven't had problems. Might want to check the default ad blocking filter is up-to-date, though. A few times, I had problems with the ads coming back, or no Flash working, and I found the list hadn't updated in a few days. Once updated, everything started working as before - ads blocked and Flash games working.

Also note, too, that Flash isn't a "one fits all" plugin. There are separate plugins for Firefox/Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer/Edge. So, if you tried Firefox, and it didn't work, it could be because Flash is not installed and/or enabled for Firefox.

Thank you so much. clicking the "I" in in the circle, and changing it to "always allow on this site worked. You are amazing. Thanks a billion.

• 6 months later...
On 6/9/2017 at 11:23 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

4. Click "Relaunch".

3. Look for "Flash".

I had the same problem and you just saved everything. I can't thank you enough !