The Official Food Club Topic

Clumsy rockyroad1

To win a trophy, you have to be in the top slots for the high score table, just as with any game.  As with any game, this is considered easiest on the first of the month when the table resets.  With food club your "score" is the amount of np you collect at once.   So, you have the best chance of getting the most np if you have as many wins as possible.  Thus, waiting as many days as you can to collect without losing your winnings.  Which is 8 rounds.  So, to collect on the first of the month, on months with 31 days, you start saving on the 25th, on months with 30 days, you should start saving on the 24th.   It is possible to win your trophy on days other than the first.  Particularly if you've had a few days in a week of particularly awesome wins, so if you have a really high win day, you may want to wait a week to collect, to see if you can get enough.  It's also easier the older your account is, since the score is based on the number of np won, not the odds won, and the more you bet, the more you win.

@balloongal247 thanks!

I can't see me ever being likely to get a trophy then, because everyone else who uses Garet's bets, and who've been playing longer than I have, will be above me on the table! But at least I know the method now.

Well, I would think most people who have the trophy do like I do, and abstain from collecting on the 1st of the month, at least if I remember.  I also don't bother holding my bets at any point, I just collect daily.  That way we leave room for others to get on the high score board.

According to TDN's Guide on FC Trophys:

Winning the Trophy

If you want to win the Food Club trophy, you need to plan out your bets very carefully, and save your winnings! The trophy is awarded to those who collect the most winnings. You can keep your winnings for a maximum of 7 days, so you can collect winnings from up to 8 rounds of bets!

The high score table resets each month, so your best chances of winning are on the first of the month. This means you want to start saving up your winnings (that is, not collecting them) a few days before the end of the month, usually around the 24th or 25th. Then, on the first of the month, wait until after 2:15 PM NST to collect your winnings and maximize your chances at earning a trophy.

Since winnings are based on actual NP won rather than units won, older accounts are more likely to win the trophies. For this reason, some users have their own side competitions that keeps score in units, where any player would win 10 units on a 10:1 bet. Those competitions are not official, though, and will win you nothing but bragging rights.

You will probably not earn a trophy by blindly following another user's bets, since many players (especially those with older accounts) also follow those bets. You may need to make riskier bets and hope for a big payoff.

That said. Garet skipped today because the odds aren't great. Does anyone here follow any other guide and if so who? 

Yeah I've only ever used Garet's, I think I'd just confuse myself totally if I tried someone else, lol.

Are you losing faith in him, or just interested in how others compare?

On 2017-08-03 at 10:10 AM, acmerasta said:

That said. Garet skipped today because the odds aren't great. Does anyone here follow any other guide and if so who? 

If you're old enough (and brave enough) to view the Neopets Sub Reddit, a whole range of bets are posted by 15-20 different people every day. Some are very very safe bets and some are very very risky.

Most post the winning odds, the projected bet to hit percentage and explain in detail why they made their bets. I love reading their different thought processes each day.

They even have a monthly food club competition if you're into that sort of thing. Totally recommend. 

Thanks Hrtbrk. I read Garet and Hugo and I'm still working out in my mind how this Food Club thing works. I did this type of probability math a long time ago and even then I was in a kind of fog. So I find their musings and thought processes intriguing. I placed a few bets here and there on my own and won a few before I discovered guides and people posting bets but I'm still rather risk averse. Will check out the Reddit threads soon.

My guild leader posts his bets on our board, and most of our guild follows him.  *occasionally* I'll diverge from his, if his bets include something that doesn't seem to follow his usual logic, and I can't find a reason for it, so I think maybe it was a mis-type.  I'd never done food club until I joined this guild, and his bets were so accessible, so I figured why not.  Since then, I've earned a ton of np!

4 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

How is everyone managing with DaqTools being down? I'm guessing it was because of the netdragon server swap but boy did I feel lost without them today LOL

idk i never used it 

Garet won 40:10 yesterday .. which i missed 

so that's a lot of NP i missed out on in 2 days :( 

i just made my bets for today let's hope for some profit

Garet uses DaqTools doesn't he? I think I remember him mentioning it fairly recently. It was one of those things where my brain was like, "I don't know what that is *ignores*". :rolleyes:

I wasn't aware there was a server swap. But then I'm generally unaware of any/everything that's going on so no surprise there!

Garet uses DAQ sometimes, but I don't think it's every day. Seems to me like he uses it to affirm his decisions, but his decisions are made off of the actual odds on the FC page and his own betting history. Anyway, it didn't stop him from a 40:10 win yesterday, so I think he's doing fine (;

DT mostly just helps calculate your bets % of winning or gives you pre-made bets based off what it thinks will win if you do not know how to make your own.

I don't think it was announced anywhere @acmerasta Players were just assuming that was the case since Neopets was down for so long the other night.

Right this minute I'm hoping to bet today...

Will it actually happen? I'm not at all confident, lol. But Garet's A-Team ref in his commentary gave my brain a little kick, so it might...:ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

First time I've managed to bet in several weeks yesterday, glad I did. :D

Collect Winnings
Round Bet Info Amount Odds Winnings
6689 Treasure Island: Scurvy Dan the Blade
Hidden Cove: Ol' Stripey
Harpoon Harry's: Gooblah the Grarrl
2072 NP 52:1 107744 NP
Total Winnings 107744 NP

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so happy I started playing Food Club, I'm actually making decent money on my own without having to always follow someone else's bets. I hope everyone does well today. :D I put a lot of faith in Dan and Gooblah today (though I'm nervous about Goob since he's lost a lot recently).

Edit: I won 369888 NP today! :D Yay!

Edited by Robin-chan
update

I played food club yesterday as it was max pay-out from Trudy day, glad I did :D

Collect Winnings
Round Bet Info Amount Odds Winnings
6698 Lagoon: Gooblah the Grarrl
Treasure Island: Young Sproggie
Hidden Cove: Scurvy Dan the Blade
Harpoon Harry's: Buck Cutlass
2088 NP 48:1 100224 NP
Total Winnings 100224 NP

Garet's on holiday after tomorrow, so that's as good an excuse as any for me to not bet again for a while. :rolleyes: