Spooky Food Eating Contest Begins!

hrtbrk

Not everyone, just the ones posting haha. Pity ghost pb has gone down so much :(

If I didn't have class in the morning I would stay up tonight until the end.... See what we all get as participants. Any guesses?

Most PB's (Halloween, Ghost, Zombie) and all the 100K+ items that were able to be obtained from the SFEC have jumped down on the price list now.

My best guess (more of a wish actually) for a prize is an avatar. Maybe a site theme or an item. I really don't know.

I watched the stamps double in value from this morning until this afternoon. Stamps normally rebound quickly, food far less so, and most weapons take a very long time.

There really are not that many paintbrushes up for auction/trading if you suppose that "everyone" got one. Daughter and I played for three days (two accounts) and the best we got between us was a ghost pb, a couple of petpet brushes, several morphing. I didn't even get the better stamp.

BTW, are all the plushies "near worthless" or are any worth a decent coin?

P.S. "PAGAN", next thing you'll known "Ms." Rune you'll be calling me a heathen.

I so agree! I keep watching the numbers, but I feel like I'm watching a plant grow, haha

I didn't see coltom's post, oops. I didn't realize battle dome equips didn't rebound quick, though that makes sense. As for the plushies, considering I keep seeing a lot at the money tree, I doubt they are worth that much.

I don't know which stamp I got, but I think I got one... Not interested in browsing my sdb right now.

Got two more Tonu Morphing Potions today. And the TCG card. Which is kinda nifty I guess. Sad it seems Myrtle is falling so far behind. We were so close to Scarlet earlier!

Total: 3 Halloween Tonu Morphing Potions, 1 Zombie Petpet PB, 2 Zombie Flotsam Morphing Potions. Not a bad haul, I guess.

Mandichi, take my opinions with a grain of salt. I am, after all, a crazy old man wasting his time on a kids game. I lost part of my mind and my ability to talk during a coronary event, in other words I'm a tad off.

There is already one cheap 9 icon weapon so a second one isn't going to change the market that much. It does attack with fire, and that has some advantages, but most battledomers quickly outgrow a nine icon weapon. Still, I bought more than a few Cleavers at less than 500 np, so I'm willing to gamble some.

The contest is a fascinating example of evolutionary biology. Scarlet will win unless the other three factions co-operate to boo her advantage away. However, if you boo, you lose your change to catch Scarlet. Therefore, since there is no incentive for the other three factions to cause Scarlet to lose, not at the expense of their own chances, then they have sealed their own fate. Somewhat a variant to the "Tragedy of the Commons", which is still a valid observation even if modern analysis has muted the earlier conclusions.

Coltom: I'm a crazy college student playing this instead of doing homework, I think we are even, haha.

Though that sociologist but is so true!! Really once a winner starts its hard to stop him/her.

But how does a battledomer outgrow a nine damage weapon?! I have a six damage one and think I'm pretty awesome, haha.

71 for Scarlet! Woot!

Coltom: I'm a crazy college student playing this instead of doing homework, I think we are even, haha.

Though that sociologist but is so true!! Really once a winner starts its hard to stop him/her.

But how does a battledomer outgrow a nine damage weapon?! I have a six damage one and think I'm pretty awesome, haha.

71 for Scarlet! Woot!

Well, there are weapons like the Anagram swords that do 16-icons? ;3 It just ends up being a matter of how much NP you can spend on weapons though, and trying to match up what your strength boosts are to your weapons. Your battle pet is at level 27, so a 6-iconer is awesome. Mine is at about level 350 though, so having more powerful weapons makes sense for him.

Well, over all- 2 Ghost PBs, some books, and some stamps. Nothing to complain about!

Rebecca~ way to make me feel like an awesome noob xD good to know I'm not doing that badly.

Keith: awesome job, at least someone was looking out for you.

Scarlet still has 71 D: I was hoping it would have gone up after going to the store.

71 for Scarlet! Woot!

I'm also doing this instead of college work. OTL

It's not due tomorrow, but if I don't do it tonight then I might be behind for a bit.

Ahh it's not over yet but I never really got anything special like a paintbrush or potion.

Mnn... my leg is shaking in...??

Go Myrtle, gooo! ;A;

EDIT: Wait, I don't think I can cheer anymore.

Yep, no paint brushes or potions. Woe.

Oh well I guess.

Mandichi, I was first introduced to the concept after doing a countre point to Richard Dawkin's Selfish Gene. You are right that Tragedy of the Commons is more sociology. It even carries over to military science. Again, slightly jumbled brain, and a strange career path, some of which involved jumping out of perfectly good aircraft. *Grin* "We serve so others may live".

As far as battledome weapon, the discussion might need to jump over to the battledome section. At your level, both the cursed elx and a Rusty Cleaver could help you out in the battledome. I was playing around with a "Zap until it gets to be a good colour and then repound" pet that is weaker than yours, and he was able to kick butt up to the level of Tiki Man with a Cursed E and an 9 icon weapon. I was using Bow of the Hegelob, won in a battledome fight.

Rebecca~ way to make me feel like an awesome noob xD good to know I'm not doing that badly.

Keith: awesome job, at least someone was looking out for you.

Scarlet still has 71 D: I was hoping it would have gone up after going to the store.

*is silently glad that Scarlet hasn't gone up* hahaha. :D

You definitely aren't doing badly! I don't know the details about your set, obviously, but it should do you well for a while longer, and you can start upgrading it little by little as you see fit. :3

As much as I would have liked getting something worth selling on the last day..or course, I didn't. BUT during the event I got 1 Ghost PB, 1 Zombie PB, and 3 Halloween Tonu MPs. Still would have liked to have gotten a Halloween PB (those are still more expensive than the Zombie PB), and a Cursed Elixir (which I probably would have ended up keeping BECAUSE it sounds like an item that will do well in the BD). Def. keeping the Rusty Cleaver which is a 9 icon weapon. :)

Aaaand now it is time to wait until the beginning of next September in order to sell the PBs because I feel it likely the event will happen again next year. A good scheme to deflate Halloween and Zombie PBs, methinks.

As much as I would have liked getting something worth selling on the last day..or course, I didn't. BUT during the event I got 1 Ghost PB, 1 Zombie PB, and 3 Halloween Tonu MPs. Still would have liked to have gotten a Halloween PB (those are still more expensive than the Zombie PB), and a Cursed Elixir (which I probably would have ended up keeping BECAUSE it sounds like an item that will do well in the BD). Def. keeping the Rusty Cleaver which is a 9 icon weapon. :)

Aaaand now it is time to wait until the beginning of next September in order to sell the PBs because I feel it likely the event will happen again next year. A good scheme to deflate Halloween and Zombie PBs, methinks.

I think that you're right- I believe TNT called it the first annual eating contest. ;3

I did get a couple Cursed Elixers- probably should have held onto them! Oh well.

It's still blank, ugh. I went to bed last night (I'm ten hours ahead of NST) worrying about Scarlet! I mean it'd be weird if we got any nice prizes for redeeming prizes, but it'd be the first time I'm on the winning side of any event (except for when everyone bandwagoned The Seekers for that last avatar) and that'd be sweet. She was still in the lead before midnight, right?

During the event I landed a Halloween PB, a Halloween Petpet PB, a Cursed elixir, and two each of Halloween Tonu MP and Zombie Petpet PB. Yay for hoarding! I'd probably be upset if I'd gotten those items before the event and planned on selling them, but I think TNT made a good move in deflating them to lower the threshold of dressing up pets for Halloween.