Battledome Tests

Duma

Dont worry Im not that bothered I mean .. what else am I going to do .. stamp my foot shouting I WANT BETTER PRIZES lol

your quite right when you start paying close attention you notice when prizes are smaller :P time to chill out for me I think ,,,,,

I've been getting a ton of bottled faeries but hardly any red codestones lately. I try not to worry too much, but when I go several days in a row without training because I just don't have the codestones, I start to notice. Ah, well, at least I'm still zapping. And I'm already at the max boosts, anyway, and I want my HP to catch up (if only the lab would give me more HP; I try to never train it). Here's hoping the Sway wins and I can use a FQFC + the FQ refresh boon.

Sorry. didn't notice this thread.
I'll be testing Koi Warrior on hard, I'll see if I can make a Google Doc to compile all the data.

Today: 5 regular, 1 red, 2 dub, 4 faeries, 3 junk

Google Doc data file: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoF2iuJXFP8qdGlLTldyUkgwbDhISjQwdVBOaGRsUmc&usp=sharing

Gargamel, I've been testing Koi Warrior on hard; I think I'm on day 5 or 6 now. I planned to test it on medium than easy next.

Can you please PM the data?

All data are credited to their respective owners.

I'll start testing Black Pteri tomorrow (already fought Koi Warrior today). My sister thought she'd noticed that if you fight different opponents every day you got more codestones, but I haven't noticed that to be true and I've been battling Koi Warrior pretty exclusively lately. But I remember from when I was switching around more that the Black Pteri was pretty good at giving out codestones. I'll probably start with 15 days of Black Pteri on hard easy.

Edit:

I'll just add my totals here every day:

(I'm still collecting bottled faeries for when I level up so I'll keep track of those too)

Note: I was going to fight on hard, but I changed my mind so these are "easy" fights

Day Reg Red Faeries

1 4 0 1

2 0 3 2

3 4 1 1

4 2 2 2

5 3 0 2

6 2 1 3

7 2 0 2

8 1 0 4

9 4 1 1

10 3 1 2

11 2 0 1

12 0 0 1

13 4 0 3

14 0 1 3

15 4 1 4

Gargamel, I see you posted my data from the first 15 days from both Koi and Walein in the spreadsheet too. Those 30 days were on easy (green) though, not on hard (orange) or mighty. (red) I am battling Walein on mighty now and posting the data every day.

Gargamel, I see you posted my data from the first 15 days from both Koi and Walein in the spreadsheet too. Those 30 days were on easy (green) though, not on hard (orange) or mighty. (red) I am battling Walein on mighty now and posting the data every day.

Data corrected. Thank you.

I already replied to this, but now I don't see it. Sure can, but it may not be until Monday or Tuesday; I'm swamped until then.

Ok then.

Today: 1 regular, 3 red (2 zeds!), 2 faeries, 10 dub, 8 junk

Im still suprised that this testing has not been done before by a group, the data we are gathering will of course still be very useful as it is bang up to date and things change but it would still be good to see anything gathered by anyone else out there in the past

has anyone heard of other tests?

It might also be useful to find out what format they used to gather and display thier info so we can maybe find a way to make all of this more easily understood and displayed in one area or chart

Im still suprised that this testing has not been done before by a group, the data we are gathering will of course still be very useful as it is bang up to date and things change but it would still be good to see anything gathered by anyone else out there in the past

has anyone heard of other tests?

It might also be useful to find out what format they used to gather and display thier info so we can maybe find a way to make all of this more easily understood and displayed in one area or chart

I asked Crimson and he said they we're also doing testing, but item specific.

I also heard that there was a group trying to find out who gave more codestones between Koi and Walein, been searching around for the data but couldn't find anything, so I started myself and posted it so more people could use the data.

It would be great to be able to combine all of the data from everyone who has been testing, if we could do that at some point..obviously with credit to all who put in data and effort, not sure if it would be possible in that some are perhaps collecting different kinds of stats

It would be great to be able to combine all of the data from everyone who has been testing, if we could do that at some point..obviously with credit to all who put in data and effort, not sure if it would be possible in that some are perhaps collecting different kinds of stats

Good point..if we stumble across others that are also testing.

Spreadsheet updated.

We could all record on a shared Google Doc, but if someone inadvertently starts writing over someone else's data, it could ruin the whole thing. Or maybe someone could make a template to make combining the data easier?

That sounds interesting, there must be some free software out there that allows users to add their info individually on their own sheets only and that info is then able to combine to show a graph or chart etc.

It would need to have fields that are the same for everyone so all you do is get accepted to join the data gathering group and you get access to your own page where you fill in the data every day in the fields provided

then you press enter and it compiles your info with everyone elses and you can see the results gathered so far.

There would be a few administrators who could overwrite anyones info in case anyone had problems etc which messed up the whole lot

Anyone come accross something like this?

I suppose its a bit like the surveys that are run here where each person clicks a reply to a question and the answers are compiled and shown in a line.

Is it possible to adapt the spreadsheet you are doing gargamel, because I think that is looking really good, but Im aware that there is a lot of work for you inputting all the data, if we could each add to just our own bit without corrupting others would that be possible?

Well, I was playing around with Google Doc and found that not only can you create multiple sheets, but you can also rename them to whatever you like. Everyone gets their own sheet, so little to no worries about erasing someone else's data/

You can also use data across sheets, which means you can calculate an overall drop rate for any items we want to track.

Actually, I decided to draw up something to better illustrate what I mean.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amh43-EMhK2XdDI1SDVqZDFDQjYyZmpkLUlOSUVWNkE&usp=sharing

I have the visibility set to everyone who has that link but I'm the only one allowed to edit it at the moment. If we decide to use this one, I'll set it to only allow specific people to edit it.

No update again today...exams are nearing.

Andaraen: I'll try to see the Google doc on the laptop, I don't like the way it look on mobile. Maybe tomorrow.

Expect a full update on Monday or Tuesday.

Andaraen, that's a great idea and looks good. I expect a lot of possibilities since it's probably just like any spreadsheet (Excel, LibbreOffice Calc, Open Office Calc etc) So you could add formulas if needed to compile it all in a nice complete list or graph.

agree with Duma this is certainly moving in the right direction and I see that there can be protected ranges too so that such things as formula can not be accidentally changed etc

not quite sure what the drop rate is actually showing at present, but I presume it is just a draft to give an idea of what can be done... looks positive to me, its ages since I worked with excel trying to crank up my old brain cells ... they are very rusty sadly lol

not quite sure what the drop rate is actually showing at present, but I presume it is just a draft to give an idea of what can be done...

For drop rate, I took my own recent data. copied it twice and calculated what percent of the total were that particular item out of the three sets of data.

But, yeah, it's a rough draft of what we could work out with it..

so drop rate is the percentage of your payout that is that particular item?

thats interesting thanks and clever too ;)

I wonder if it would be even more useful if it calculated how many of a particular item you were likely to get in say 30 days, I think most people using the data would want to look and see for example where will I get the most red codestones

I also think it would be useful if it could calculate the place that is giving best value in terms of np's per month for example: 10 reds 14 ordinary codestones etc etc per month and the prices of these items is averaged out and amended monthly so that a net amount of value in np could then be shown as a prediction. That way people could see where they were likely to get the best rewards in np after resale terms.

Its frustrating that I used to do stuff like this for work and that I cant remember how since its so long since I did it :sad02:

I'll be battling Giant Walein on Mighty for 2 more days, then going to battle him on Hard (Orange) and see what the difference is between Easy, Hard and Mighty.

Google docs has a way to limit users' access to certain rows/columns.
https://support.google.com/drive/answer/63175

Anyway, I'm done collecting data for Jetsam Ace on Yellow and Red.

Yellow: http://pastebin.com/KrqGFUeH

Red: http://pastebin.com/rXYvS983

I recorded the data every day if, and only if, I was able to reach the drop limit for that day. I tried my best to reach the drop limit on each day--the only day when I started doing the fights but didn't reach the drop limit was when I started at something like 11:50 PM NST.