Battledome Tests

Duma

Google docs has a way to limit users' access to certain rows/columns.

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/63175

Thank you for the info! I made up a new sheet that might be a little better. Instead of giving each person their own sheet, each one will be dedicated to a particular opponent (I can switch it to dome if it's desired) and will have it's own self-contained stats.

I have no idea how to go about calculating profit without making a column for every variety of codestone, nerkmid, etc. To be honest, I wouldn't mind doing that part. I also have premium and I would not mind getting the current average low price for them too. I just don't know how willing people are to have to record that info.

I've been copying-pasting the names of the items I get (and recording the amount of NP). It's pretty fast, and that way I know exactly what I get each day. I then count and make sure I got 15 items and the same amount of NP total (since I'm fighting the same opponent each time), and fight one extra fight to make sure I reach both caps. (I did miss an item one day, but I was able to go back to my inventory and see precisely the one I skipped.) This goes really fast, hardly taking any extra time for battling compared to not recording.

I honestly have no idea how many days I've been fighting the Koi Warrior on mighty now. I can add my data into a spreadsheet once we have it finalized. It should be possible to auto-fill other fields from a "master spreadsheet" (such as "type of item," value, etc.), though of course someone(s) would have to create and maintain the master list. Then things like average price/opponent-difficulty could be calculated (and recalculated) fairly easily.

As for the average price of codestones I know that Gargamel already works out averages for red and standard codestones for the inflation of codestones thread and has been doing that for a while...

Think his spreadsheet was also excellent, as is andaraen's, so maybe it would be worth waiting for his input til he is less busy with exams .. perhaps a joint approach would be better and take pressure of everyone?

Having a small group of people with admin rights is probably sensible so no one feels they have to do it all the time.

I would be happy to take responsibility for working out averages on nerkmids or some other items if we get that far

I'll get to updating now. Will copy/emulate andaraen's format.

Edit: Done! Finally!

Here's the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoF2iuJXFP8qdGlLTldyUkgwbDhISjQwdVBOaGRsUmc&usp=sharing#gid=0

If this is good, I'll start getting the protected ranges in and whatnot.

My suggestion is create a new Gmail account for this and let everybody involved here have the password so only this email (us) can edit it.

Edited by Gargamel

I believe the BP group is doing something like this already.

Yes, the TDN staff has been collecting prize data on which challengers drop which prizes and how often since the BD started giving out prizes. Unfortunately, because of the sheer amount of data that we need to collect as well as the daily limit and the randomness, it's still not quite in a position where it can be displayed, yet.

I think you all might be collecting slightly different data, though.

Yes, the TDN staff has been collecting prize data on which challengers drop which prizes and how often since the BD started giving out prizes. Unfortunately, because of the sheer amount of data that we need to collect as well as the daily limit and the randomness, it's still not quite in a position where it can be displayed, yet.

I think you all might be collecting slightly different data, though.

Thanks its interesting to know that it is going on, any idea roughly when you may be able to make your findings viewable?

You say we are collecting different data, in what way is ours different please?

I'll get to updating now. Will copy/emulate andaraen's format.

Edit: Done! Finally!

Here's the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoF2iuJXFP8qdGlLTldyUkgwbDhISjQwdVBOaGRsUmc&usp=sharing#gid=0

If this is good, I'll start getting the protected ranges in and whatnot.

My suggestion is create a new Gmail account for this and let everybody involved here have the password so only this email (us) can edit it.

great job!

I wonder if it would be better to have a separate column for red codestones as you have done with Koi Warrior and GSMW stats on the Jetsam Ace sheet?

I can see that you have included the red within the codestone count column however I think that averaging the np value would be more accurate if it had its own section as with K W ..or would that be time consuming and awkward to change now?

I recon keeping the stat sheets as similar to one another as poss will allow us and other to compare more easily once more data has been input

I like the idea of a place we can all log in to add stats, didnt seem right you having to keep transferring everything

anyway just my opinions fwiw

(:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Thanks its interesting to know that it is going on, any idea roughly when you may be able to make your findings viewable?

You say we are collecting different data, in what way is ours different please?

I wish we knew a release date, but we've only completed collecting data on about a third of the challengers, while another third are in the process of being tested. Plus, some other (exciting!) TDN updates are being worked on right now instead of figuring out how to display prize data on the Battlepedia.

Your data is different because you're looking at the frequency of codestones per challenger, so you're collecting the dates and ignoring the other prizes you win. Ours is just which challenger drops which prizes on which difficulties.

Just like Lampy said, the BP group are also collecting data and it's taking quite a long time, as there are only so many staffers and quite a few challengers, and with the daily prize limit and all it's quite tedious. :(

It will probably be a while before the data is made public because of this, and because other exciting TDN updates are to be released soon. ;)

We appreciate the help!

Yes, Crimson has said that already

AJ11: The problem is, andaraen is not posting the red codestone data, only cumulative. If ever I get the red codestone data from andaraen, I'll work on it ASAP.

siniri: Please post your Koi Warrior Data so I could put it in the spreadsheet.

Wait, so your spreadsheet isn't actually recording all the data? It's better to record what exactly you've won each day, so that people can analyze it by type, etc. -- you can always simplify it (e.g., count the number of red codestones dropped by opponent X), but you can't add back the richness of data if you don't record it in the first place. I've been recording *exactly* what I've won from KW mighty each day.

Here it is, in a giant dump (sorry, don't have time to clean it since you want it now -- I wish the forum did a better job with CSV data):

Koi Warrior Mighty NP Prize 209 weak bottled dark faerie 209 Maraquan Bed Time Stories Maraquan Troops Stamp 209 209 Maraquan Bed Time Stories Tablet of Water Runes 209 Mau Codestone 209 209 Weak bottled air faerie 37 Eo Codestone Maraquan Charger Plushie Necklace of the Water Faerie Main Codestone The Missing Koi Maraquan Charger Plushie Underwater Tour Legends of Maraqua 209 Water Pizza 209 Lu Codestone 209 Vo Codestone Necklace of the Water Faerie 209 Maraquan Bed Time Stories Underwater Tour 209 Vo Codestone 209 Weak Bottled Fire Faerie 209 Vo Codestone Maraquan Shieldmaiden Plushie 37 Water Faerie Halberd Underwater Tour Tai-Kai Codestone Bri Codestone Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie 209 209 Water Pizza 209 Realm of the Water Faeries 209 Weak Bottled Water Faerie 209 Vo Codestone Pink Koi Plushie 209 Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie 209 Mau Codestone 37 Weak Bottled Dark Faerie Necklace of the Water Faerie Zei Codestone Water Faerie Halberd Weak Bottled Earth Faerie Lu Codestone Water Faerie Halberd Maraquan Shieldmaiden Plushie 209 Lu Codestone 209 Weak Bottled Light Faerie 209 209 209 209 Mau Codestone 209 37 Maraquan Charger Plushie Har Codestone Orn Codestone Weak Bottled Fire Faerie Eo Codestone Zei Codestone Water Faerie Halberd Vux Codestone Cui Codestone Weak Bottled Dark Faerie The Missing Koi Maraquan Faerie Tales 209 Underwater Tour 209 Weak Bottled Dark Faerie Weak Bottled Air Faerie 209 Bri Codestone 209 Weak Bottled Fire Faerie 209 Underwater Tour 209 209 One Dubloon Coin Maraquan Defenders Stamp 37 Weak Bottled Fire Faerie Maraquan Faerie Tales Five Dubloon Coin Bri Codestone Zed Codestone Har Codestone Weak Bottled Earth Faerie 209 Underwater Tour 209 Tai-Kai Codestone Halloween Koi Plushie 209 Water Faerie Halberd Underwater Tour 209 209 Zei Codestone Weak Bottled Earth Faerie 209 209 37 Weak Bottled Earth Faerie Maraquan Bed Time Stories Weak Bottled Dark Faerie Red Koi Plushie Eo Codestone Two Dubloon Coin Tablet of Water Runes Legends of Maraqua 209 Vo Codestone 209 Two Dubloon Coin 209 Tai-Kai Codestone 209 Weak Bottled Dark Faerie Bri Codestone 209 One Dubloon Coin 209 Five Dubloon Coin Maraquan Defenders Stamp 209 Weak Bottled Earth Faerie 37 Maraquan Defenders Stamp Weak Bottled Fire Faerie Maraquan Faerie Tales Maraquan Faerie Tales Sho Codestone Mau Codestone 209 Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie 209 Zei Codestone Maraquan Charger Plushie 209 Lu Codestone 209 Maraquan Shieldmaiden Plushie 209 209 Underwater Tour 209 37 One Dubloon Coin Maraquan Troops Stamp Weak Bottled Water Faerie Weak Bottled Fire Faerie Realm of the Water Faeries Lu Codestone Main Codestone Underwater Tour Har Codestone 209 Tablet of Water Runes 209 Cui Codestone 209 Maraquan Charger Plushie 209 Zei Codestone 209 209 Orn Codestone The Missing Koi 209 Tablet of Water Runes Sho Codestone 37 Bri Codestone Maraquan Charger Plushie Lu Codestone Weak Bottled Water Faerie Maraquan Bed Time Stories Water Faerie Halberd Kew Codestone 209 Maraquan Faerie Tales 209 Sho Codestone 209 Underwater Tour Weak Bottled Earth Faerie 209 209 Cui Codestone 209 Maraquan Bed Time Stories 209 Underwater Tour Vo Codestone 37 Weak Bottled Dark Faerie Main Codestone Weak Bottled Water Faerie Legends of Maraqua Weak Bottled Earth Faerie Zei Codestone Weak Bottled Dark Faerie 209 Har Codestone 209 ten dubloon coin 209 Sho Codestone 209 Realm of the Water Faeries 209 Two Dubloon Coin 209 Weak Bottled Air Faerie 209 Red Koi Plushie 37 maraquan grackle bug Weak Bottled Water Faerie Legends of Maraqua Maraquan Faerie Tales Five Dubloon Coin Maraquan Troops Stamp Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie Weak Bottled Light Faerie 209 Maraquan Shieldmaiden Plushie Halloween Koi Plushie 209 Weak Bottled Earth Faerie Maraquan Troops Stamp 209 Har Codestone 209 209 Underwater Tour Weak Bottled Dark Faerie 209 209 Underwater Tour The Missing Koi 37 Main Codestone Kew Codestone Har Codestone Maraquan Faerie Tales Maraquan Faerie Tales Kew Codestone 209 209 Kew Codestone 209 Necklace of the Water Faerie Bri Codestone 209 Lu Codestone 209 Legends of Maraqua 209 Har Codestone Sho Codestone 209 37 Vo Codestone Zei Codestone Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie Legends of Maraqua Maraquan Charger Plushie Underwater Tour Vo Codestone Kew Codestone 209 209 209 209 Legends of Maraqua Maraquan Bed Time Stories 209 Tai-Kai Codestone 209 Mag Codestone 209 Legends of Maraqua 37 Realm of the Water Faeries Zed Codestone Realm of the Water Faeries Realm of the Water Faeries Legends of Maraqua Weak Bottled Earth Faerie Weak Bottled Earth Faerie Weak Bottled Air Faerie One Dubloon Coin Water Pizza

Wait, so your spreadsheet isn't actually recording all the data? It's better to record what exactly you've won each day, so that people can analyze it by type, etc. -- you can always simplify it (e.g., count the number of red codestones dropped by opponent X), but you can't add back the richness of data if you don't record it in the first place. I've been recording *exactly* what I've won from KW mighty each day.

Here it is, in a giant dump (sorry, don't have time to clean it since you want it now -- I wish the forum did a better job with CSV data):

Koi Warrior Mighty NP Prize 209 weak bottled dark faerie 209 Maraquan Bed Time Stories Maraquan Troops Stamp 209 209 Maraquan Bed Time Stories Tablet of Water Runes 209 Mau Codestone 209 209 Weak bottled air faerie 37 Eo Codestone Maraquan Charger Plushie Necklace of the Water Faerie Main Codestone The Missing Koi Maraquan Charger Plushie Underwater Tour Legends of Maraqua 209 Water Pizza 209 Lu Codestone 209 Vo Codestone Necklace of the Water Faerie 209 Maraquan Bed Time Stories Underwater Tour 209 Vo Codestone 209 Weak Bottled Fire Faerie 209 Vo Codestone Maraquan Shieldmaiden Plushie 37 Water Faerie Halberd Underwater Tour Tai-Kai Codestone Bri Codestone Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie 209 209 Water Pizza 209 Realm of the Water Faeries 209 Weak Bottled Water Faerie 209 Vo Codestone Pink Koi Plushie 209 Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie 209 Mau Codestone 37 Weak Bottled Dark Faerie Necklace of the Water Faerie Zei Codestone Water Faerie Halberd Weak Bottled Earth Faerie Lu Codestone Water Faerie Halberd Maraquan Shieldmaiden Plushie 209 Lu Codestone 209 Weak Bottled Light Faerie 209 209 209 209 Mau Codestone 209 37 Maraquan Charger Plushie Har Codestone Orn Codestone Weak Bottled Fire Faerie Eo Codestone Zei Codestone Water Faerie Halberd Vux Codestone Cui Codestone Weak Bottled Dark Faerie The Missing Koi Maraquan Faerie Tales 209 Underwater Tour 209 Weak Bottled Dark Faerie Weak Bottled Air Faerie 209 Bri Codestone 209 Weak Bottled Fire Faerie 209 Underwater Tour 209 209 One Dubloon Coin Maraquan Defenders Stamp 37 Weak Bottled Fire Faerie Maraquan Faerie Tales Five Dubloon Coin Bri Codestone Zed Codestone Har Codestone Weak Bottled Earth Faerie 209 Underwater Tour 209 Tai-Kai Codestone Halloween Koi Plushie 209 Water Faerie Halberd Underwater Tour 209 209 Zei Codestone Weak Bottled Earth Faerie 209 209 37 Weak Bottled Earth Faerie Maraquan Bed Time Stories Weak Bottled Dark Faerie Red Koi Plushie Eo Codestone Two Dubloon Coin Tablet of Water Runes Legends of Maraqua 209 Vo Codestone 209 Two Dubloon Coin 209 Tai-Kai Codestone 209 Weak Bottled Dark Faerie Bri Codestone 209 One Dubloon Coin 209 Five Dubloon Coin Maraquan Defenders Stamp 209 Weak Bottled Earth Faerie 37 Maraquan Defenders Stamp Weak Bottled Fire Faerie Maraquan Faerie Tales Maraquan Faerie Tales Sho Codestone Mau Codestone 209 Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie 209 Zei Codestone Maraquan Charger Plushie 209 Lu Codestone 209 Maraquan Shieldmaiden Plushie 209 209 Underwater Tour 209 37 One Dubloon Coin Maraquan Troops Stamp Weak Bottled Water Faerie Weak Bottled Fire Faerie Realm of the Water Faeries Lu Codestone Main Codestone Underwater Tour Har Codestone 209 Tablet of Water Runes 209 Cui Codestone 209 Maraquan Charger Plushie 209 Zei Codestone 209 209 Orn Codestone The Missing Koi 209 Tablet of Water Runes Sho Codestone 37 Bri Codestone Maraquan Charger Plushie Lu Codestone Weak Bottled Water Faerie Maraquan Bed Time Stories Water Faerie Halberd Kew Codestone 209 Maraquan Faerie Tales 209 Sho Codestone 209 Underwater Tour Weak Bottled Earth Faerie 209 209 Cui Codestone 209 Maraquan Bed Time Stories 209 Underwater Tour Vo Codestone 37 Weak Bottled Dark Faerie Main Codestone Weak Bottled Water Faerie Legends of Maraqua Weak Bottled Earth Faerie Zei Codestone Weak Bottled Dark Faerie 209 Har Codestone 209 ten dubloon coin 209 Sho Codestone 209 Realm of the Water Faeries 209 Two Dubloon Coin 209 Weak Bottled Air Faerie 209 Red Koi Plushie 37 maraquan grackle bug Weak Bottled Water Faerie Legends of Maraqua Maraquan Faerie Tales Five Dubloon Coin Maraquan Troops Stamp Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie Weak Bottled Light Faerie 209 Maraquan Shieldmaiden Plushie Halloween Koi Plushie 209 Weak Bottled Earth Faerie Maraquan Troops Stamp 209 Har Codestone 209 209 Underwater Tour Weak Bottled Dark Faerie 209 209 Underwater Tour The Missing Koi 37 Main Codestone Kew Codestone Har Codestone Maraquan Faerie Tales Maraquan Faerie Tales Kew Codestone 209 209 Kew Codestone 209 Necklace of the Water Faerie Bri Codestone 209 Lu Codestone 209 Legends of Maraqua 209 Har Codestone Sho Codestone 209 37 Vo Codestone Zei Codestone Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie Legends of Maraqua Maraquan Charger Plushie Underwater Tour Vo Codestone Kew Codestone 209 209 209 209 Legends of Maraqua Maraquan Bed Time Stories 209 Tai-Kai Codestone 209 Mag Codestone 209 Legends of Maraqua 37 Realm of the Water Faeries Zed Codestone Realm of the Water Faeries Realm of the Water Faeries Legends of Maraqua Weak Bottled Earth Faerie Weak Bottled Earth Faerie Weak Bottled Air Faerie One Dubloon Coin Water Pizza

No, because the people are not giving the data specifically. I have to work with the data I have currently.

That dump sure is confusing.

Yes, Crimson has said that already

AJ11: The problem is, andaraen is not posting the red codestone data, only cumulative. If ever I get the red codestone data from andaraen, I'll work on it ASAP.

siniri: Please post your Koi Warrior Data so I could put it in the spreadsheet.

aha it makes sense now thanks I can see why you couldnt add a column for reds now :)

LAMPPOST SAID:

I wish we knew a release date, but we've only completed collecting data on about a third of the challengers, while another third are in the process of being tested. Plus, some other (exciting!) TDN updates are being worked on right now instead of figuring out how to display prize data on the Battlepedia.

Your data is different because you're looking at the frequency of codestones per challenger, so you're collecting the dates and ignoring the other prizes you win. Ours is just which challenger drops which prizes on which difficulties.

Its good to know that the original idea from Duma is a good one as testing is already underway

Its exciting to know that this work is going on and it does seem a very sensible way of going about it collecting all prize info accross the board as things change and todays valuable items could be tommorows junk and vis versa

Ok so you have me all excited about the other new data .. sheesh you are such a tease TDN team ...sigh

If you need people to provide data from challengers I would be happy to volunteer, been on neopets over 11 years and hope that you can see Im a reliable sort.

I will only post the summary on here, but will save the specific data and PM it to you so you can update the spreadsheet.

I posted the data I've collected. I've collected data every day that I've battled since I said I would. I had already completed my daily battles the day I said I would start collecting, and you posted a Neopian day after me -- maybe the day was lost in there? If I missed a day of battling, sorry. Last week, I had 3 days in a row where my total time sleeping across the 3 days was 9 hours due to work. If I forgot to battle one of those three days, well, real life is more important than Neopets. I did manage to record accurate data each day that I battled, double-checking with my inventory to make sure the data was accurate, which is most important, I think.

I posted the data I've collected. I've collected data every day that I've battled since I said I would. I had already completed my daily battles the day I said I would start collecting, and you posted a Neopian day after me -- maybe the day was lost in there? If I missed a day of battling, sorry. Last week, I had 3 days in a row where my total time sleeping across the 3 days was 9 hours due to work. If I forgot to battle one of those three days, well, real life is more important than Neopets. I did manage to record accurate data each day that I battled, double-checking with my inventory to make sure the data was accurate, which is most important, I think.

It's not really much of a problem. We have enough data for it already.

Testing Request: Zafara Rogue on mighty

Gargamel is that everyone who needs to collect all data starting tommorow?

I can see the point of that, but isnt it going to give you a heck of a lot of work transfering it all? would you prefer that we all collected it on here and then transfer it ourselves once there is somewhere to log it all?

Siniri .. hope you get a chance to catch up some rest - your schedule sounds grueling to say the least :(

Gargamel is that everyone who needs to collect all data starting tommorow?

I can see the point of that, but isnt it going to give you a heck of a lot of work transfering it all? would you prefer that we all collected it on here and then transfer it ourselves once there is somewhere to log it all?

Siniri .. hope you get a chance to catch up some rest - your schedule sounds grueling to say the least :(

Yes, everyone, including me, at the request of siniri.

Will create a new account and tell the password via PM. Then all of us can edit.

I will put instructions on how to edit.

I did my battles today, filled in the summary here, but will update the spreadsheet tomorrow, I'm too tired right now. I have them all in my own spreadsheet and I still have the items in my inventory.

Didn't get a PM. I have data on mighty for today -- barely got my battles in before end of day, so I didn't have time to check if I should have moved on. I may not be able to battle the next 2-3 days; my access to the internet will be spotty at best, and I'll be busy working again.

Didn't get a PM. I have data on mighty for today -- barely got my battles in before end of day, so I didn't have time to check if I should have moved on. I may not be able to battle the next 2-3 days; my access to the internet will be spotty at best, and I'll be busy working again.

Oh sorry. Will add you to the PM.

AJ11: All the input data are automatically saved.

I started the Koi Warrior on medium today, and won a prize that I'd never won before (something for my gallery, too: The Great Koi Caper). I just recorded today's on my own spreadsheet for now. I looked over the form briefly, but it seemed like there were some redundancies -- we should be able to create formulas to autocalculate the number of red and regular codestones, for example. It'll make the data more accurate and save us all some time. I don't mind creating the formulas, but I won't be able to do it until I'm back in town (leaving for 2 days starting today, with limited internet access -- so I might not get to battle tomorrow -- or start the next step of the event, eek!). But overall, it looks pretty good. Thanks for making it, Gargamel.