Battledome Tests

Duma

Because I had seen a lot of discussions (also on the neoboards) about who gives the best prizes I started testing. For now I have tested Koi and Walein and counted the codestones I got. I've battled them each for 15 days, it's not much, but gives me an average. I've also been testing who gives out the most NP per battle.

This is what I've found out:

On green, all challengers give a reward of 50NP/battle.

On orange and red, it depends on the challenger. There is no logic to be found whatsoever. Higher difficulty opponent doesn't always mean more NP, the dome you're fighting in doesn't matter either.

The only logic thing is: Red toughness gives more NP than battling THE SAME opponent on orange.

Dome Tough Dif. NP Tough Dif. NP Opponent
Central orange 12 120 red 17 254 Mr. Chuckles
Central orange 15 150 red 20 300 Chia Clown
Central orange 20 130 red 24 240 Boochi
Central orange 38 150 red 50 300 Eyrieki
Central orange 48 125 red 67 262 Kasuki Lu
Central orange 52 130 red 72 270 Flaming Meerca
Central orange 105 150 red 140 300 Kauvara
Frost orange 23 125 red 27 225 Donny
Frost orange 39 150 red 46 262 Valin
Frost orange 60 150 red 80 300 Lady Frostbite
Frost orange 158 150 red 210 300 Snow faerie
Haunted orange 51 130 red 59 225 Zafara Rogue
Haunted orange 42 200 red 63 450 Pant Devil
Haunted orange 50 120 red 67 240 Mummy
Haunted orange 72 120 red 84 209 Meuka
haunted orange 78 130 red 96 240 Edna
haunted orange 74 150 red 98 300 The Esophagor
Haunted orange 109 120 red 127 209 The Brain Tree
Haunted orange 126 150 red 168 250 Sidney
Haunted orange 150 120 red 175 209 Jelly Chia
Haunted orange 134 150 red 178 300 Black Pteri
Haunted orange 150 120 red 200 240 Greedy Kadoatie
Haunted orange 120 150 red 240 248 Vira
Neocola orange 21 150 red 28 300 S750 Kreludan Defender Robot
Neocola orange 71 150 red 94 300 Neopets v2
Neocola orange 156 130 red 192 240 Commander Garoo
Neocola orange 170 200 red 340 x Evil Sloth Clone
Pango orange 73 120 red 92 225 Lava Ghoul
Pango orange 64 200 red 96 450 Ghost Lupe
Pango orange 82 130 red 101 200 Tiki Tack Man
Pango orange 156 120 red 195 225 Advisor Broo
Ugga orange 42 120 red 56 240 Harry the Mutant Moehog
Ugga orange 73 125 red 87 225 Highland Chia
Ugga orange 87 150 red 102 100 Cave Chia
Ugga orange 128 150 red 170 300 Magnus the Torch
Ugga orange 158 150 red 237 450 Sabre X
Water orange 74 120 red 87 209 Koi Warrior
Water orange 140 150 red 186 300 Giant Spectral Mutant Walein

(Central= Central Arena, Frost= Frost Arena, Haunted= Rattling Cauldron, Neocola= Neocola Centre, Pango= Pango Palladium, Ugga= Ugga Dome, Water= Dome of the Deep)

These are the ones I tested, my pet couldn't handle the tougher ones. (Also couldn't handle Evil Sloth Clone on red.)

I also battled a few low difficulty opponents with a different pet to see if the pet or strength etc mattered. It didn't seem to matter, but I only tested it on 3 opponents.

I've also been keeping track of how many items I got per fight, it didn't matter. Difficulty of opponents, toughness of opponent, nothing mattered, there was no difference. (Some people believed that higher difficulty or orange/red had a higher chance of giving 2 or 3 items per fight then lower difficulty or green toughness)

Next up is the test of who gives the most codestones. So far I've only been testing Koi and Walein. But the result was pretty surprising.

With 15 days of fighting each I had:

Walein:

Total regulars+reds: 70 codestones

Koi:

Total regulars+reds: 70 codestones

(Yes, really. I planned on battling each for 15 days, so a month in total. The outcome is just coincidence.)

Now the difference:

Walein: gave me 58 regulars and 12 red ones.

and Koi gave me 48 regulars and 22 red ones.

This is a significant difference in my opinion. 10 codestones in 15 days. So Koi gives out more reds but the amount of codestones is the same. (If you want to see the data for each day, I can give it to you.)

So if you're battling these two to pay for your training and don't plan on selling any codestones, pick the one that gives out the most codestones you need.

If you plan on selling them, Koi is the best, since red are more valuable.

If you want me to test another opponent, let me know what data you would like to see. (Like: how many nerk's does X give, how many codestones does Y give? Can you compare which is better out of A and B?)

I will test each requested opponent for 15 days, so be patient.

Also, if someone else has been doing similar tests or want to help with the requested opponents, share your results or let us know who you will test. Please make sure you wrote it down for at least 15 days, I feel that less isn't enough data to have an accurate average. More is always better.

Awesome job. I've heard that for some opponents, their "bonus" prizes are only given out at the harder (or even hardest) levels, while for others it doesn't matter. Could you do a set of comparisons at different difficulties for the same opponent (with similar amount of data)? I can start collecting some data as well; it really wouldn't be that tough to just write down what I'd won at the end after battling the same person until I max out.

Sure, since I've mostly been battling Walein on easy for the codestones, and you're supposed to get different colored walein petpets I think I will pick that one since I've never gotten a painted one. (So on green for 15+ days would already be 0 "bonus" prizes) I will see what battling on orange and red gives. If that turns out as 0 as well, I'll need another opponent preferably where it has been claimed to happen.

There are also rumors that codestones are given out more at harder difficulties (my own experience would suggest that that's not true, but that's based on a gut feeling rather than hard evidence).

Oh, and the ones I've heard that you need to play on difficult to get the best prizes are in the Premium-only arena (either the bubbling fungus and/or the nerkmids? I didn't pay much attention since I don't have Premium)..

There are also rumors that codestones are given out more at harder difficulties (my own experience would suggest that that's not true, but that's based on a gut feeling rather than hard evidence).

The comparison between Koi and Walein was both on green, so if I battle Walein on orange or red now, I can test this along with the "bonus" prize for non-premium opponents.

I can't test it for the premium ones since I don't have premium either. Someone else will have to test that.

This is an excellent idea well done gathering all that data Duma

If you want testing doing on premium opponents for 15 days just tell me what to do and I will be happy to compile that info for you?

I always battle against Jetsam ace on toughest difficulty as I find that is the way to get nerkmids which are the most profitable. Do you want me to gather up exactly what I get doing that for 15 days?

AJ11, yes please. Also, if you could see if it makes a difference on green/orange/red for the Premium.

So it would require you to battle 15 days on the hardest toughness (red) and then 15 days on easiest difficulty. Just to see if you get different prizes. If it does make a difference we'll have to test it on orange as well. For the non-Jetsam-only items you would just note how many nerks or BD items you have got, it's not really important to know what specific nerkmid you received. The junk items don't really matter either.

I hope that the coding will be the same in Cosmic Dome as for the other arenas. And I hope that the two premium opponents both have those "only on hard" items. But we'll test with Jetsam ace first so it won't take away from your profit too much. ;)

To compare if it makes a difference in item rewards on green or tougher it would require to at least be able to fight on orange toughness, so I think it would be better if you and AJ11 could do both Jetsam Ace. Then you both would only have to battle 8 days on red and 8 days on green.

(That space fungus has a high difficulty! Didn't even know!)

It'll take a while before I'll be able to beat the fungus at the medium level. (Level training takes so long now! Only 24 levels to go until Secret Ninja School... T_T)
If you still need the data that far in the future, I'll be happy to provide.
Also, if you want more than eight days of data on the Ace, feel free to ask. :)

Edit:

Here there be data. (If someone can tell me how to format this into a table, I would appreciate it.)

Day One:

Red Difficulty:

Dome: Cosmic

Opponent: Jetsam Ace

Nerkmids: 0

Codestones: 4

NeoCola Tokens: 0

Green Difficulty:

Nerkmids: 2 (Aluminum, Golden X)

Codestones: 2

NeoCola Tokens: 1

Day Two:

Red Difficulty:

Difficulty: Red

Codestones: 1

Red Difficulty:Day Three:

Nerkmids: 3 (Normal Platinum, Ultra Platinum, and Average)

NeoCola Tokens: 2

Day Four

Red Difficulty:

Nerkmids: 1 (Copper)

Day Five:

Red Difficulty:

Codestones: 3

Day Six:

Red Difficulty:

Day Seven:

Red Difficulty:

Nerkmids: 1 (Average)

Day Eight:

Red Difficulty:

Codestones: 6

I will start tomorrow and use the format that was used in your first post to log what happens.

I will battle my usual Jetsam ace on hardest for 8 days to begin with

I might as well log it here as I go and edit my post so that it doesnt make lots of new posts..does this below seem ok or have I missed anything?

Opponent will be Jesam Ace - Dome will be Cosmic - toughness will be red - NP awarded are always 1500

nerkmid codestone Other prizes

day 1 0 2 red neocola token, space fashion, green neocola token

day 2 0 3

day 3 0 0 blue neocola token (worse rewards I have EVER got)

day 4 2 1 blue nc token

day 5 2 1 green neocola token, red neocola token

day6 0 2 2x green neocoal token, 2x blue neocoal token

day7 3 2 red neocola token

day8 1 1+1(zed) red neocola token, green neocola token

day9 2 1 red neocola token, blue neocola token

day10 0 3

day11 1 4 red neocola token, space fashion

day12 1 2+1(kew) red neocola, green neocola.

day 13 2 1 red neocola

day14 1 4+(sho) green neocola

day15 2 2+(sho) 2xblue neocola tokens

day16 1 5 triple tier space faerie cake,Scroll of Dark Nova, Dark Nova, Gorunda the Wise, Weak Bottled Dark Faerie, Red Neocola Token, Weak Bottled Air Faerie, Weak Bottled Fire Faerie, Starry Box Kite, Tai-Kai Codestone, Lu Codestone, Mau Codestone, Zei Codestone, Eo Codestone, Copper Nerkmid

Edit: Just found out I can beat fungus on medium no problem and also on red but will be more tricky on red have to do healing between battles atm am still training and should get a boost soon that will allow me to get the info so if I do that one last should give me time to get stronger, unless someone else is already able to squish old fungus face already? :P

AJ11, looks fine, but since NP aren't really needed for this test I would change it to the Jetsam Ace specific prizes (and which ones) to see if you get other items on red compared to green.

Editing is perfect!

I'll post my data here, so we have them in posts close to each other.

My opponent will be Walein on red toughness.

Day Reg. Red Bonus
1 3 3 0
2 4 2 0
3 5 1 0
4 1 2 0 (I did get an unpainted walein today)
5 3 2 2 (My first painted Waleins ever! Ghost and blue! Never had those in the months I played on Green toughness)
6 2 2 0 (Unpainted walein again, nothing special otherwise)
7 7 0 0
8 3 1 0
9 6 2 0
10 1 1 0 (Did get an unpainted walein, a 1 and 10 dubloon coin, but those aren't "bonus")
11 2 3 0 (Unpainted walein again)
12 5 0 0 (Just a one dubloon coin, nothing else of value AND with thanks to heartbreak for the potion so I could battle this early)
13 7 1 0 (Only a one and a two dubloon coin, but Oh Boy! What a lot of codestones lately!)
14 2 0 0 (At least got a Two Dubloon Coin)
15 4 1 0

This concludes 15 days of testing, I DID get prizes I never had on green, so maybe you can get higher rarity items on harder difficulties.

Also, I got 6 codestones more in total, but 9 more red codestones then on the green toughness. This looks more like battling Koi on green, codestone reward wise. (Total: 76 codestones, 55 regulars, 21 reds, 2 bonus items.)

Next 15 days I will be testing the same opponent on orange. I will post them here, page 1 is easy to find.

My opponent is: Walein on orange toughness.

Day Reg. Red Bonus
1 1 0 0

2 2 3 0 (unpainted Walein and a one dubloon coin)

3 4 3 0 (one dubloon coin)

4 6 1 0 (one dubloon coin)

5 3 0 0

6 6 1 0 (unpainted Walein and a one dubloon coin)

7 5 1 0 (one dubloon coin)

8 6 0 0 (one dubloon coin)

9 3 1 0 (2x one dubloon coin)

10 6 2 0 (Unpainted Walein and a one dubloon coin)

11 5 0 0

12 8 0 0

13 4 1 0

14 1 5 0

15 5 1 0

This concludes 15 days of battling on orange. No painted walein, so there might be a different prize pool for the different toughness colors.

I had a total of 84 codetones: 65 regulars and 19 reds. The amount of red codestones is in between green and red toughness. The total is the highest of them all. So if you battle for codestones, Walein on orange is definitely worth it! We're making graphics too, so when we have a few opponents with 15 days of data for red/orange and green we will post those too.

Edited by Duma

I've just collected my 23rd day of data for the Jetsam Ace. I did some statistical tests and I think that I can report with very high confidence that he gives out more nerkmids on yellow difficulty than on red, assuming that each battle's prizes are awarded independently. I'll wait until I've collected 30 days of data before posting my full results, but so far it looks like yellow gives around twice as many nerkmids as red, and my data could only happen with ~10^-70 probability if red actually gave more nerkmids than yellow.

Mynn that is really interesting!!

trouble is it seems to vary really widely what you get day to day week to week with the same challenger, for example the testing I just started I can honestly say those are the worse two days I can remember for rewards which is sort of wierd

I am used to getting an average of one nerkmid a day plus extra prizes that are worth having such as neocola tokens and codestones.

looking forward to seeing your results, can I ask do you have to fight more than once to kill off jetsam on the highest difficulty?

reason I ask is that I seemed to think that I got more good stuff when I could knock him out in one hit rather than two rounds

Mynn that is really interesting!!

trouble is it seems to vary really widely what you get day to day week to week with the same challenger, for example the testing I just started I can honestly say those are the worse two days I can remember for rewards which is sort of wierd

I am used to getting an average of one nerkmid a day plus extra prizes that are worth having such as neocola tokens and codestones.

looking forward to seeing your results, can I ask do you have to fight more than once to kill off jetsam on the highest difficulty?

reason I ask is that I seemed to think that I got more good stuff when I could knock him out in one hit rather than two rounds

I don't think that's the case as I can one-shot him and I don't seem to get better prizes.

I don't think that's the case as I can one-shot him and I don't seem to get better prizes.

your probably right, I one shot him now, I just remember thinking that I seemed to get better prizes when I was first able to do it..but its so random that it could easily be a coincidence that my prizes improved right then

cant beleive how poor the rewards have been since I started testing!! I am playing my usual opponent etc nothing has changed that way but OMG I have never ever had such poor returns and certainly not three days in a row??

very odd and hopefully just a fluke

I didn't got one unpainted walein either, when I battled on easy I would have at least one unpainted walein. On the other hand, I am getting more codestones, 3 days in a row a total of 6. On easy it was more often a total of 4, sometimes just 2 and other times I had 8. It's still way to early to see any possible differences between Mighty (red) and Easy (green) but it is pretty funny.

Edit:

Here there be data. (If someone can tell me how to format this into a table, I would appreciate it.)

I've tried making a table in BBCode on the forum, but it didn't work for me either, so I'm just using space and enter to "make the table" I even asked Crimson on IRC if he knew how it could be done but he didn't know/never tried it.

Edited by Duma

It'll take a while before I'll be able to beat the fungus at the medium level. (Level training takes so long now! Only 24 levels to go until Secret Ninja School... T_T)

If you still need the data that far in the future, I'll be happy to provide.

Also, if you want more than eight days of data on the Ace, feel free to ask. :)

Edit:

Day One:

Codestones: 4

Day Two:

Day Three:

Nerkmids: 3 (Normal Platinum, Ultra Platinum, and Average)

NeoCola Tokens: 2

Day Four

Nerkmids: 1 (Copper)

Not sure how to format it into a table, for my data I just kind of made it up with spaces and keep adding the same way ??

I looked to see if there was some way of putting in a proper table too as I originally had more data in but had to reduce it as the editing started going all weird as if it couldnt handle alll the spacing etc

actually think its more sensible to have less fields in my table anyway ... now I think about it .. I think I was just getting a bit carried away lol

I believe it is fair to say that the test is going well for me. I've been battling Walein for months, always on easy as that was a 1 hit kill. After only 5 days of battling on red (Mighty) I now received 2 petpets I never got on easy. I'll keep battling on Mighty until I have 15 days of data and then try on orange (Strong) and see what that gives me.

AJ11, looks fine, but since NP aren't really needed for this test I would change it to the Jetsam Ace specific prizes (and which ones) to see if you get other items on red compared to green.

Editing is perfect!

I'll post my data here, so we have them in posts close to each other. My opponent will be Walein on red toughness.

Day Reg. Red Bonus

1 3 3 0

2 4 2 0

3 5 1 0

4 1 2 0 (I did get an unpainted walein today)

5 3 2 2 (My first painted Waleins ever! Ghost and blue! Never had those in the months I played on Green toughness)

a painted waleins excellent ... at long last eh lol

Im glad the testing is going well for you, Im going through what may be a dry spell, had these before I sometimes wonder if the reason that prizes seems a bit low value is because I do get a number of the bottled faeries which used to be high value and now are not, unless everyone else is getting those too?

I'm getting my normal amount of bottled faeries. About 2 a day. The first month of my testing (before I posted it on the forum) I had bad days too. Sometimes I had 10+ junk items for a few days in a row. That's the reason why you shouldn't claim anything yet before a decent amount of days. The moment you pay attention, a few days without anything or much good really feels as sticking out.

I do hope your "bad luck" turns around fast. :)