Best Graphics/ animation Program

Dillon

Hey I would like to start using a real graphics / animation program to use. Possible open a graphics stand. o_O. Please post suggestions.

most commonly used for graphic making and photo editing..

paint shop pro

adobe illustrator

adobe photoshop

Gimp(dunno the maker of that one off the top of my head)

there are lots of 'lite' versions of adobe photoshop that you can get for cheep or free...

if you have a webcam or digital cam they usually come with some ttype of photo editor, which you can use if you cant get the more popular programs..

other then gimp i dont know of any free programs however...

--on yea as far as animation, there is fireworks and image ready. i know there are free ones as well but i dont know the name of any. i use to have a program that just simply took each of my frames that were saved seprately and put them into animated gif format for me and that was a free one, you just cant edit the actul image itself in that type of program

Before I got photoshop I used to use a free program called "Advanced GIF Animator" to make animations... but because thats free it puts some annoying text into the corner of every image.

If you do a Google search for "gif animator" it'll bring up heaps of different ones, most of which you can download for free (though some of them require registration to keep). Still, if you've got the money Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro are probably the best.

I personally use Paint Shop Pro, but if you're used to Photoshop but can't afford it, you can download the GIMP. There's a free mod that makes it function just like Photoshop. :)

Good luck in your search. ;)

Paint shop pro pwns every single graphics program out there! :P Nice pick eric. Anyway, they are all pretty good, I just learned how to use PSP quicker, so it just stuck with me. I can't stand GIMP or Photoshop. (sorry yall)

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I am trying to download gimp right now. I really want PSP. Question can you animate on PSP?

I use Photoshop CS for my graphics and I use Flash for animations.

And to answer your question: Yes, I used to know someone who used PSP for all his animations, even glitters. He wasn't too good though.

I use Photoshop CS2! My friend told me to get GIMP because he uses it and could help me so I think I am going to do that right now... Then I will tell you how GIMP is!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I use flash for everything,

dunno how much it is,

but it is good for graphics

and animations,

as well as interactivity

but I also use photoshop a lot

sometimes MS paint

although that can get

very annoying sometimes

but it works!

Fireworks is a really good program too, it works great with flash if you want to import and export stuff...

You may not agree , but I think its the best program there is... and they just came out with a new one, Adobe Fireworks CS3.

I used to use GIMP, but now I use photoshop 7, which is an amazing progrom. However, since it is crazy expensive, I would just get the GIMP.

From a standpoint where I have made tons of graphics using the program, it isn't that bad. I can show you some of the stuff that I have made using it should you wish (just send a PM my way and I will be happy to send u a few links to stuff I have made for other sites. I can also show you some of my recent stuff so that you can see the difference between photoshop and GIMP.

If you want my adivce: get GIMP. It is free, easy to use, and there are tons of brushes available for it online. Deviant art has a ton of easy to find ones for when you are starting out. Eventually, you could make your own cause it is really easy to do on that program.